The Student Room Group

British-Asian Footballers????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
I've just recently noticed (becos of the CHampions League) that there alot of successful German-Turkish footballers,( which I suppose are equivalent to British-Asians), such as Ozil, Gundogan and Sahin to name a few

I have noticed that as well but Turks are actually good at football.

Turkey would destroy India or Pakistan in a match.
I've just recently noticed (becos of the CHampions League) that there alot of successful German-Turkish footballers,( which I suppose are equivalent to British-Asians), such as Ozil, Gundogan and Sahin to name a few

There are also lots of European-Arab/Berber ones.
Original post by Speedy1994
Well, Sports will always be discouraged in Asian Households.Its up to you, how strong your will is play!

Hey, can anyone tell me what is this - Sunday Football League in Uk where people say scouts come to watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish it was, but it certainly isn't all up to you.
It's a lot easier for an Asian to become a doctor/pharmacist/dentist etc than a pro-footballer.
I think it's mainly to do with culture to be honest & lack of parental support, I mean I love my sport especially football but when I was younger I didn't really get the support from my parents, they were stereotypical Asian parents that just wanted me to become doctor/lawyer/engineer etc. I think & hope that the next generation of Asian parents will not be like that though & attitudes will change over the time.
Reply 45
I'm an Asian and I've been playing footy for eight years I'm thirteen now if ur wondering y there's no Asian footballers listen to this I was playing for my local team and I got chosen for a trial at arsenal I went to it and while I was playing they told my dad they don't pick Asians so how on earth r we meant to play if academies don't accept us and trust in London all Asians I know play for there local teams and we are all over 5'6 so we r physically as strong as white n black kids My parents who r not like the typical Asian parents encouraged me to be a footballer we have a season ticket at arsenal n we go there all the time n my parents never want me to miss a match that's y I've taken footy for eight years and I'm going to play football until I get in professionally I've got another trial at brentford this Saturday hopefully ill get in :smile: so yeh Asians can play footy n we don't eat curry I've never ate curry in my life
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by original_username
If you look at grass roots football there isn't many asians playing.
I'm from Birmingham and my brothers been involved in grass routes football for years, you just don't see them playing it. So if they aren't playing then they obviously wont get scouted.

I'm Asian n I live in London I've just been scouted by brentford n before arsenal n trust me in London there's at leat 5 indian players in a team n soon u will see the Asian generation because now Asian parents r forcing their children to play footy n my parents force me to do footy that's y I'm close to being a professional I play for my school team local team county of harrow n I do arsenal soccer schools
Reply 47
Yeah i think that's a big reason, I can't imagine an Asian boy going up to their parents and telling them they're going to be a footballer lol

Well mate I just did n I'm Asian lol n my parents r relaxed n they act like white parents thats y I've had trials at arsenal n brentford
Reply 48
Original post by Phantom Lord
Zesh Rehman as well.

Watch out for me n my cuz called conna Chahal he plays for coventry n I used to play for arsenal but now brentford
Reply 49
The best football player is Rooney not a black man

Feel that the white British need to be given the opportunity and not be pushed out by immigrants like in other jobs

Original post by pinda.college
It's a lot easier for an Asian to become a doctor/pharmacist/dentist etc than a pro-footballer.

Yes but they took those jobs which was meant for the English :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by justanotherposter
Don't our youth systems prefer strong kids over small ones? Not sure how true it is but I'm sure everyone's heard the 'Messi wouldn't have met our youth system's criteria' thing. Asians don't tend to be bulky and so aren't given a look in by scouts.

I'm Asian and me and my mates who are Asian aswell are all 5'9 and we all have muscles n six packs and it works because all of us have been chosen by academy's to play for them however some academies are racist as for example my dad was told by a scout who coached watford that they don't pick asians n he was brown I was about to punch him but my dad pulled me away
Reply 51
Some Asian families are riciulously conservative whilst others more recently aren't so I can see Asian footballers coming eventually with the current generation who have grown up to love the game
Original post by BOdy Odour
The best football player is Rooney not a black man

Feel that the white British need to be given the opportunity and not be pushed out by immigrants like in other jobs

Yes but they took those jobs which was meant for the English :frown:

'Meant for the English?' (Btw, people are still considered English if they aren't white). That was a rude comment, eh?

If the jobs were meant for the whites, they would have them, wouldn't they? If they aren't as dedicated, smart or talented enough, that's their fault. The Asians doctors (as well as the whites obv) are also the people saving lives- would you rather have a low-quality white doctor or an Indian one who does his job properly? If a white man does it better, the Asian man won't get the job. Simple.

Survival of the fittest, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgive me if i'm wrong but I think the closest we have is Michael Chopra who has an Indian father. But if you like at the strides the UAE and Asian football is coming along it won't be long I'm sure until we have a more diverse Asian scene in top flight English football!
Reply 54
Original post by ChronicBoredom
'Meant for the English?' (Btw, people are still considered English if they aren't white). That was a rude comment, eh?

Anglo saxon

If the jobs were meant for the whites, they would have them, wouldn't they? If they aren't as dedicated, smart or talented enough, that's their fault. The Asians doctors (as well as the whites obv) are also the people saving lives- would you rather have a low-quality white doctor or an Indian one who does his job properly? If a white man does it better, the Asian man won't get the job. Simple.

Survival of the fittest, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But they have not been given the chance as the university places were taken up by them.
Some have to survive on the dole

Some are killed like Lee Rigby and the EDL are not happy with it at all

The admission tutors and employers have to covertly discriminate in order to satisfy the quota that they want
Reply 55
Anglo saxon

But they have not been given the chance as the university places were taken up by them.
Some have to survive on the dole

Some are killed like Lee Rigby and the EDL are not happy with it at all

The admission tutors and employers have to covertly discriminate in order to satisfy the quota that they want

The lee rigby murder was horrific I agree wiv u but its wasn't an Asian it was a British African
Reply 56
Original post by Kianbains
The lee rigby murder was horrific I agree wiv u but its wasn't an Asian it was a British African

Choudry, the guy who influenced them is asian
Reply 57
[QUOTE="Odour;44111292" BOdy="BOdy"]Choudry, the guy who influenced them is asian[/QUOTE this is what annoys me people get confused wiv Muslims Sikhs n Hindus all of u white people see a brown guy n think he's Muslim u will see mostly all Muslims Sikhs n Hindus are against extremism and even one of the edl leaders is sikh
Micheal Chopra plays for India doesn't he he's has played for England as well I think.
Reply 59
[QUOTE="Kianbains;44111375"]
this is what annoys me people get confused wiv Muslims Sikhs n Hindus all of u white people see a brown guy n think he's Muslim u will see mostly all Muslims Sikhs n Hindus are against extremism and even one of the edl leaders is sikh

Is Choudry a Sikh? I am not religious so not aware

I did not say all love extremism but most in their minds do, that is what I have been told

Many different people identify Muslims in different ways whether it is the white robe or others

Quick Reply

Latest