The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Just applied, only John Wood Court left, didn't say anything about shared though
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 241
Im an international student who applied for accommodation just now. Only John Wood court was left. How would the university help me if in the worst case scenario, there are no places left? Gosh I really do not wanna end up homeless there.
Can't even apply for accom. right now cause maximum logins reached
Reply 243
I got in my application for accommodation at like 8am, will I have more chance than people doing it now?
Because it says im on a waiting list... Not that I got accommodation.
Original post by Ted_C94
Im an international student who applied for accommodation just now. Only John Wood court was left. How would the university help me if in the worst case scenario, there are no places left? Gosh I really do not wanna end up homeless there.

When I went to Bath in 2010 they managed to oversubscribe, ie there wasn't enough uni rooms for the number of students enrolling. In that situation the leftover people were sharing uni rooms for a week or two until they had found rented accommodation in the city.

I think the uni has learnt from that, though, so there should be rooms for everyone :smile: - but that's probably what'll happen if the worst case happens
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 245
Does anyone know how to check whether your accommodation is mixed or single gender?
Reply 246
Accommodation has been allocated, what do I do if I'm waiting to see if I get a fee waiver?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eastwood E32.04 just found out yesterday!
Hey, do you guys know whether after you receive the offer for accommodation and assuming you accept it, do you have to pay anything to secure it? Cheers!
Reply 249
Original post by annemarie315
Hey, do you guys know whether after you receive the offer for accommodation and assuming you accept it, do you have to pay anything to secure it? Cheers!

Hey I got my placement for accommodation a few days ago, and although you have to input payment details, the payment doesn't actually actually come out on a specific date. For my accommodation at least (Solsbury), the first payment is the 9th October, and no deposit is required for accepting the contract.
Original post by Owniee
Hey I got my placement for accommodation a few days ago, and although you have to input payment details, the payment doesn't actually actually come out on a specific date. For my accommodation at least (Solsbury), the first payment is the 9th October, and no deposit is required for accepting the contract.

Thanks! I haven't got mine yet, I will see how it goes..
Reply 251
does Westwood have social areas like Norwood does?
Reply 252
My accommodation page still says awaiting verification, do I need to do anything?...
I am on the waiting list I think.
Original post by 101101
does Westwood have social areas like Norwood does?

No, but the outside spaces get used a lot! (Between the blocks)
Reply 254
Just got allocated my accommodation ... I'm paying almost £5000 for it!! God knows where I'm going to get the money for that :s-smilie:
Just checked my application tracker randomly (for accommodation of course). I noticed my state of application changed from "awaiting allocation" to "Allocated". Yet I have received no email about it, and when I check the other menus on the tracker it doesn't seem like I've been allocated. FOr example on the "contracts" menu it still says "You currently have no bookings".

Is there something really obvious I am missing? Or have I just been allocated a place, but I haven't been disclosed it yet?

Thanks by the way :smile:
Reply 256
Original post by Genesis2703
Just checked my application tracker randomly (for accommodation of course). I noticed my state of application changed from "awaiting allocation" to "Allocated". Yet I have received no email about it, and when I check the other menus on the tracker it doesn't seem like I've been allocated. FOr example on the "contracts" menu it still says "You currently have no bookings".

Is there something really obvious I am missing? Or have I just been allocated a place, but I haven't been disclosed it yet?

Thanks by the way :smile:

That's what happens to everyone, they'll email you saying which accommodation you got in the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bath was my first choice and I got the grades and applied for accommadation the day it opened yet I still haven't been allocated accommadation......
Original post by Laurieejade
Bath was my first choice and I got the grades and applied for accommadation the day it opened yet I still haven't been allocated accommadation......

Same here, from what I can tell we'll find out anytime between now and 9th September. It's really annoying though because I'd love to find out sooner rather than later! I think if we haven't heard anything by 10th September I'm gonna contact someone :/
Reply 259
Original post by Kittykat1501
Same here, from what I can tell we'll find out anytime between now and 9th September. It's really annoying though because I'd love to find out sooner rather than later! I think if we haven't heard anything by 10th September I'm gonna contact someone :/

If you log into the accommodation portal you can see if it's been allocated yet or if it's still awaiting allocation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest