The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5320
I do like maths and how it can be applied to many situations to find to answers although since my recent AS results I have been so upset now thinking that I might not be able to do university level maths
Just saw the news...Syria :'( oh how I hate America :mad:
Reply 5322
Original post by lilmissshady

Tell me about it.
French AND Germans :eek: that's worse than a boom LOL

tidying up? You should totally see my room lol there's hardly any place to sit haha

She doesn't have to know duh just take a cheeky pic when she's looking away lol in only interested in the gori FYI lol

lool whys that? Oh and does he speak pushto?

Sorry,should have been the French and the Italians. The people in finance couldn't access a certain application because something was decommissioned by our team, and then we had emails saying "Major impact" etc... because it was a global thing

Well turns out I dont really need to tidy at all (except a vacuum clean) in my room, but it was just that I spread my clothes out before ironing, and watching 4oD at the same time because otherwise it gets pretty boring lol

Any way now that the clothes have been ironed, my bedroom seems pretty clean. A little cluttered, but pretty clean

And well a lot comes down to him not being able to consider a different POV to things ie: his view is the correct one. ie: We were in Asda, and we talked about halal/haram food etc... and it got on to seafood, and I was like "Yeah it's halal/haram depending on what school of thought you follow" and he was like "What is that bs. What the hell is that?" And I said I dunno, and I said well what's the reasoning we can't eat pigs then? And he said they're dirty etc.... (They're actually pretty clean compared to..... chickens)

That's something trivial that sticks in my mind. Oh and what annoyed me was when someone in his family got married in Pakistan, and I asked him was it arranged? And he said "Yeah course it is" Me being me, I said "Well it's not exactly obvious" And he asked if I'd get married to a girl here, and I told him that if I liked her, yeah and his response (laughing as well) "You get married here. She'll divorce you the next day" ....

Yeah divorce is more common here, but I thought that as almost sexist/racist

Other than that, he's a pretty OK guy. He just has a pretty closed mind on some things, and I think he speaks Pashto yes

On another slightly annoying point, I'm fine to let him use my stuff, as long as he asks, but he didn't ask

Like I bought some ketchup, and noticed half of it were gone and he only asked if he could use it when we were in the kitchen together 3 days or so later ie: when I were there

And when he used my cling film, he didn't ask for days and never did, until I asked "Is that my cling film" I'm absolutely happy to let him use my stuff, so long as he asks!

I haven't seen the news yet. Are they taking military action?

Original post by shahidk1
I do like maths and how it can be applied to many situations to find to answers although since my recent AS results I have been so upset now thinking that I might not be able to do university level maths

You can do it Shahid! And yeah that's pretty cool I guess, like if you can see how it applies. It's like any thing that you have a geeky interest in, you try to find links to places I guess
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5324
Original post by kitty_toxic
psh :biggrin:
bata do, mein tou kissi say nahi darti :P

Wah Wah, Mein ne Maan liya ! Tu Bari Bahadur Bachi Hai :biggrin:
Reply 5325
I mean I like everything from biology to chemistry to even English from occasionally although you have to start somewhere :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5326
I've been offered a place at college to take 4 AS subjects, but I've decided to do three: English Literature, Sociology and Business Studies.

Is anyone else starting their AS subjects this year or has anyone here already started their A Levels? I'd just like to know which fellow Pakistani's in this society are also starting or in the process of starting their A2's.
Original post by shahidk1
I mean I like everything from biology to chemistry to even English from occasionally although you have to start somewhere :smile:

I quite like biology as well. Chemistry, we just made things burn and go boom :tongue: (We weren't even meant to make things burn or go boom lol) But mainly burning. We did a lot of burning in chemistry lol

And in English, I was always sticking pins in Shakespeare's eyes :biggrin: And occasionally his nose as well. :smile:
Original post by Drizz
I've been offered a place at college to take 4 AS subjects, but I've decided to do three: English Literature, Sociology and Business Studies.

Is anyone else starting their AS subjects this year or has anyone here already started their A Levels? I'd just like to know which fellow Pakistani's in this society are also starting or in the process of starting their A2's.

Didn't do A levels, but good luck! :smile:

Can I ask what people think of this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200609996196058&set=vb.140675476024089&type=2&theater

Also, in light of the Syria thing, this came on in my car, and well it brings to mind war atm

[video="youtube;_DboMAghWcA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DboMAghWcA[/video]

Not ashamed to admit that I cried in the car, and looking at the pictures is even more depressing

I'd make a **** soldier lol, despite the fact my name even means "warrior" :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Sorry,should have been the French and the Italians. The people in finance couldn't access a certain application because something was decommissioned by our team, and then we had emails saying "Major impact" etc... because it was a global thing

Well turns out I dont really need to tidy at all (except a vacuum clean) in my room, but it was just that I spread my clothes out before ironing, and watching 4oD at the same time because otherwise it gets pretty boring lol

Any way now that the clothes have been ironed, my bedroom seems pretty clean. A little cluttered, but pretty clean

And well a lot comes down to him not being able to consider a different POV to things ie: his view is the correct one. ie: We were in Asda, and we talked about halal/haram food etc... and it got on to seafood, and I was like "Yeah it's halal/haram depending on what school of thought you follow" and he was like "What is that bs. What the hell is that?" And I said I dunno, and I said well what's the reasoning we can't eat pigs then? And he said they're dirty etc.... (They're actually pretty clean compared to..... chickens)

That's something trivial that sticks in my mind. Oh and what annoyed me was when someone in his family got married in Pakistan, and I asked him was it arranged? And he said "Yeah course it is" Me being me, I said "Well it's not exactly obvious" And he asked if I'd get married to a girl here, and I told him that if I liked her, yeah and his response (laughing as well) "You get married here. She'll divorce you the next day" ....

Yeah divorce is more common here, but I thought that as almost sexist/racist

Other than that, he's a pretty OK guy. He just has a pretty closed mind on some things, and I think he speaks Pashto yes

On another slightly annoying point, I'm fine to let him use my stuff, as long as he asks, but he didn't ask

Like I bought some ketchup, and noticed half of it were gone and he only asked if he could use it when we were in the kitchen together 3 days or so later ie: when I were there

And when he used my cling film, he didn't ask for days and never did, until I asked "Is that my cling film" I'm absolutely happy to let him use my stuff, so long as he asks!

I haven't seen the news yet. Are they taking military action?

You can do it Shahid! And yeah that's pretty cool I guess, like if you can see how it applies. It's like any thing that you have a geeky interest in, you try to find links to places I guess

From Obamays (my mum calls him that lol) speech yesterday, yes it seemed like he was about to go in on it...but he needs the Congress's approval which he most likely wont get so I guess Syrias safe (kinda) for now...it's sad no Muslim state is standing up to the US, except Iran of crs...and thats cz theyve Ahmadinejad...I heard he threatened to set the whole Israel on fire if they dared take military action in Syria (literally!)...lawl that man ain't scared of nothing...I wish Pakistan had a leader like him...such a fine leader, he inspires me lol

edit: I'm inspired by his humble nature and that fearless attitude...I've no intentions of setting a whole country on fire!
(edited 10 years ago)
:sick:
Can I just say I'm Pakistani but seriously hate them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Obamays (my mum calls him that lol) speech yesterday, yes it seemed like he was about to go in on it...but he needs the Congress's approval which he most likely wont get so I guess Syrias safe (kinda) for now...it's sad no Muslim state is standing up to the US, except Iran of crs...and thats cz theyve Ahmadinejad...I heard he threatened to set the whole Israel on fire if they dared take military action in Syria (literally!)...lawl that man ain't scared of nothing...I wish Pakistan had a leader like him...such a fine leader, he inspires me lol

Ah I see. I guess it's easier for me to link here to what I think of the whole Syria thing:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651290388228829&id=116931698331370

One thing I do admire about Iran is that they do stand up to the US, BUT that doesn't exactly stop them from being an authoritarian regime. And it'd be "nice" if Ahmadinejad's hatred of Israel was based on actual politics, as opposed to "They're Jews" I mean I dislike Israel, but I also dislike SA, and I dislike the USA. By that I mean the gov'ts of these countries.

If any thing, both Israel and SA are gunning for the USA to strike Iran

Thing is I wouldn't want a leader like him, purely because of how authoritarian he is.

:sick:

What's wrong? :frown: Also, I do like that emoticon!
Original post by HelpTheInnocent
Can I just say I'm Pakistani but seriously hate them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you are :rolleyes: .... If you read through my posts, you'll notice I criticise Pakistan a LOT (I criticise the UK and USA more), but that doesn't mean that I hate human beings. Hate the gov't fine. Hate militant groups fine, but what the hell have you got against ordinary decent human beings?
Original post by de_monies
Ah I see. I guess it's easier for me to link here to what I think of the whole Syria thing:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651290388228829&id=116931698331370

One thing I do admire about Iran is that they do stand up to the US, BUT that doesn't exactly stop them from being an authoritarian regime. And it'd be "nice" if Ahmadinejad's hatred of Israel was based on actual politics, as opposed to "They're Jews" I mean I dislike Israel, but I also dislike SA, and I dislike the USA. By that I mean the gov'ts of these countries.

If any thing, both Israel and SA are gunning for the USA to strike Iran

Thing is I wouldn't want a leader like him, purely because of how authoritarian he is.

What's wrong? :frown: Also, I do like that emoticon!

ill get back to you on Ahmadinejad once I recover lol I did research on him few years back...
right now I'm really realllllllllly sick :frown: make dua please :'(
ill get back to you on Ahmadinejad once I recover lol I did research on him few years back...
right now I'm really realllllllllly sick :frown: make dua please :'(

Ah fair enough. Have some lemsip/paracetamol?

I find that the history of Iran is pretty interesting as well. I don't know so much about Iran as Persia and the Babylonians but I did a fair bit of research around Mohammed Mossadegh
Reply 5335
I have now decided that I wanted to do teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lil08
I do. Have you watched Halki si khalish, it's boom.

No, I haven't. Rather, been watching Kankar. And we watched some previous once like Woh Humsafar Tha, Ashk, Zindagi Gulzaar Hai (loved it) :smile:
Hello, I don't watch much tv at all so no..my mum loves Pakistani dramas though

how come you dont watch Indian dramas? :teehee:

How are you? Have you been ill anymore or are you perfectly well? :smile:

We don't watch them cause most of them are so over dramatic and stretch forever! :rolleyes: Not particularly interested in any tbh.
Reply 5338
Original post by MsFahima
No, I haven't. Rather, been watching Kankar. And we watched some previous once like Woh Humsafar Tha, Ashk, Zindagi Gulzaar Hai (loved it) :smile:

Watched the first episode of Kankar, didn't really like it.
lol.

Latest