The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hiya
I'm greater Manchester and had the email from carol about looking out for emails about criminal record check etc but haven't received any yet. I take it you have? X
Reply 561
Original post by Anna Louise R
Hiya
I'm greater Manchester and had the email from carol about looking out for emails about criminal record check etc but haven't received any yet. I take it you have? X
I got the email onFriday and went today it was packed! Waited 2 hours! It's every Mon/Wed 1-3, you will probably get email any day :-)
Reply 562
Hey,

I've been accepted for a place with Calderdale council, and have received a letter confirming my conditional offer several weeks ago. However I have not heard anything since. Tad worried since people are saying they have heard more on here! Anyone else been accepted at Calderdale and not heard anything more?

I'm so so excited to start this!

Thanks xxxx
Hiya mdaisy. Thanks for letting me know. What did you have to do as we provided all the documents at interview? Do you know how many weeks this is going to be on for as on hol at the moment for 2 weeks! X
Reply 564
Had my interview at Lancashire today. Went terrible :frown: so upset but they did say they would let us know tomorrow. Interview was more difficult than the assessment day! Not happy :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by SR-Ali
Had my interview at Lancashire today. Went terrible :frown: so upset but they did say they would let us know tomorrow. Interview was more difficult than the assessment day! Not happy :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Sorry to hear that, maybe it wasn't so bad as you think?!
Hope you hear positive news tomorrow xx
Reply 566
Original post by Simply social
Sorry to hear that, maybe it wasn't so bad as you think?!
Hope you hear positive news tomorrow xx

Thank you @simply social. Unfortunately wasn't meant to be and i didn't get a place :frown: good luck to all those who secured a place!
Reply 567
Hi everyone,
I have a conditional offer from Bradford Council. I'm just waiting to hear about the next step. I'm pretty sure both my references have been returned, which just leaves the CRB and occupational Health Check. I guess CRB will be the last thing they do...It's so frustrating not being able to relax about it, i want an unconditional offer! I also want a reading list! I turned down the MA at Bradford in favour of the step up route...The conditional offer said the start date was 6th January at Leeds Met...Hope everyone else is well and looking forward to meeting each other...
Reply 568
Has anyone heard any more from the North West Midlands Partnership beyond DBS and health checks?

Such as when the information day is, definite offer following references etc....

Many thanks. :wink:
Reply 569
Hi,

I have only just joined this site - but I'm pretty sure I am classed as North West Midlands. I have a place with Staffordshire. Still cant believe it!! I've not heard anything either for what feels like quite a while - like yourself, not since they asked for references. I was gonna leave it until the end of this month and then contact them!!
Original post by AJKK
Hi everyone,
I have a conditional offer from Bradford Council. I'm just waiting to hear about the next step. I'm pretty sure both my references have been returned, which just leaves the CRB and occupational Health Check. I guess CRB will be the last thing they do...It's so frustrating not being able to relax about it, i want an unconditional offer! I also want a reading list! I turned down the MA at Bradford in favour of the step up route...The conditional offer said the start date was 6th January at Leeds Met...Hope everyone else is well and looking forward to meeting each other...

I'm in a similar boat, but will be based with Leeds. I've had the confirmation letter with the conditional offer, but that's all it told us except that we'd hear from Salford University shortly. That was over a month ago now, but perhaps the Universities are prioritising courses starting now- it's quite a way off till the start in January. Still, I'm dying for more info and want to get cracking with a reading list!
Reply 571
Original post by lilyhari
Has anyone heard any more from the North West Midlands Partnership beyond DBS and health checks?

Such as when the information day is, definite offer following references etc....

Many thanks. :wink:

Exactly the same here. Still waiting to hear beyond DBS, though I know my references have been taken up and replied to. I know some other areas have been given a date in September for the information day, but it looks like each area is operating completely differently. I'm thinking of waiting until the end of Sept and then contacting them. :smile:
Reply 572
Hi guys,
I got an email from Capita today asking me to ring them to either arrange an appt to have CRB or do it over the phone (depending on whether ID had been seen). I'd already shown mine at assessment day so did it over the phone, still not heard back with "unconditional" offer (health check/references). Chins up everyone! From reading posts on here it sounds like everyone is anxious to get confirmation...Looking forward to having a facebook page to join(-:
Reply 573
Original post by sanbam
Hi guys, I am hoping most of u did apply. I'm currently on the second cohort of the programme. We're due to officially finish on 26/7/13. The last our application had to be in at the end of August and we got the invite to attend the assessment centre mid-oct. The assessment part of it took place in the second week of November and successful candidates were informed within a week. Its a great route giving you experience within statutory setting and although you're not guaranteed a job at the end of the programme, i would still recommend it. If anyone requires any info about anything then give me a shout. I may not be able to shed much light on the course content as we're undertaking a 18 month MA. However I'm happy to help anyway I can. Good luck to you all who applied. X

wondering if you can help me im abit confused about this course and how it works. im currently doing a social welfare degree and wanted to do this after but unsure when it starts and how it actually works. so do you carry our a masters in social work alongside working on the job? when does the course actually start - January? also on different things I look at some say you get yours bursary paid for and £2000 then others say bursary and up to £19000. if you could just give me a general over view that would be great thanks
Reply 574
Original post by amylw12
wondering if you can help me im abit confused about this course and how it works. im currently doing a social welfare degree and wanted to do this after but unsure when it starts and how it actually works. so do you carry our a masters in social work alongside working on the job? when does the course actually start - January? also on different things I look at some say you get yours bursary paid for and £2000 then others say bursary and up to £19000. if you could just give me a general over view that would be great thanks

Hi, the step up to social work recruitment process has ended for the January 2014 start. The course was open to post-graduates with a good degree and relevant experience in working with children and young people. You also needed GCSE English and Maths or equivalent. The course will give a social work qualification in 14 months and is focused on training within social work teams. The uni fees are paid and there is a bursary of £19,000. This may be the last year this format is being used, but they have said that before, you may be able to get more information if you keep checking education.gov.uk website. There is another scheme coming up in the future that is called Frontline and you can register on their site (google it) for an alert when the recruitment process opens. The pilot courses will be based in London and Manchester and you attend a residential at the start of the course.

Hope this answers your questions
Hi all,

I have a confirmed place on the SUSW course in Worcester, starting in January but am still waiting to hear about an open day or when we will get more details! I was just wondering if anyone who has heard anything or who has done the course before could recommend any reading before starting the course? Would be good to get a bit of a head start whilst waiting for more info!

Thanks
Reply 576
Hello everyone,

Has anyone been given a start date yet?
Reply 577
Leeds met 6th January, however still waiting for CRB to arrive from Capita. Got a phone call from Bradford Council introducing themselves too...
I found this through Google. http://www.hpsc.mmu.ac.uk/step-up/cohort/2014/ Don't hold me to it being accurate tho.
Reply 579
Hey

Id say if you haven't heard anything since your letter saying you have a conditional offer then give them a call and find out what their waiting on. I did this and it turned out one of my refs hadnt been in touch, so I chased it up, thats done, and now my crb is going through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending