The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury accommodation?

Are there any other first years looking for off-campus accommodation? I would be more comfortable finding a place with people of the same situation. Annoyingly naive of me to think/hope of getting on-campus accommodation :mad:
Reply 1
Hey :smile: i'm chatting to a girl and we're both in the same boat. she's found a few places shes interested in, if you want I could message you the links?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm also looking for off campus accommodation!
Reply 3
I was trying to think of a boat analogy, we may need a bigger boat etc. but those links sound great? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sylviachung
Hey :smile: i'm chatting to a girl and we're both in the same boat. she's found a few places shes interested in, if you want I could message you the links?

I'm also looking for off-campus accomodation. :smile: If you're still looking for people, could you message me please?
Reply 5
I'm also a first-year student looking for off-campus accommodation - would be interested in sharing. Can you message me if you're still looking for someone to share with? Thanks!
Reply 6
hi!! I have just found out I wont be getting accommodation :confused:, if anyone is interested or has any ideas message me :smile: I have some ideas!
Reply 7
Exactly the same has happened to me. Is there any time we can meet other applicants with no accommodation to organise it between ourselves?
Message me if you're looking for people

thanks
Reply 9
I'm looking for off-campus accommodation as well, any spaces left?
Having applied through clearing I'd be keen to find a house; assuming there are spaces.
feel free to message me if you're looking for a housemate
I'm still looking for a place off campus, one room rent. Has anyone got anything that would help or a room going I could rent?
Reply 12
Original post by JoshuaGibbsDean
I'm still looking for a place off campus, one room rent. Has anyone got anything that would help or a room going I could rent?

Yes mate, I've got 2 rooms available in a 4 bed house behind the bus stop just off tenterdon drive. Check your inbox for my phone number and ill give u the details!
Reply 13
Original post by JoshuaGlookingan

Mop

Are you still looking?
Hi, I have a spare room available in a 6 bedroom house if anyone is still looking for a place. It will be available from the 5th of November, here is the advert:

Spare room going in a lovely 6 bedroom house on Payton Mews. It is in town near the Domino’s and Royal Mail. The other 5 tenants are a very friendly and clean group, all of which are UKC students. There are 2 girls and 3 boys.

The house has 3 bedrooms downstairs, as well as an open plan kitchen and living room and 3 bedrooms upstairs along with the main bathroom.
The bedroom in question is a downstairs room at the front of the house, with double bed, wardrobe, chest of draws, desk and chair.

You will need a guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) and rent is paid through a bank standing order.
Weekly rent for this room is £89 plus a £17 weekly bills package (£106 all together). The bills package includes, telephone line, broadband (wireless and hardwired) , TV license, TV, gas, electricity, digital aerial, TV coaxial (to all rooms), sewerage and water.

Quarterly rent for this room is as follows;
1st October £1378
1st January £1378
1st April £1378

In regards to the October rent, you will only have to pay the rent for the time you occupy the room.
If you are interested in this room or know anyone that may be interested please get in contact ASAP so we can get everything sorted.
Original post by JoshuaGibbsDean

Bright, newly decorated room with double bed available for
rent asap. House comes with fibre optic broadband included, off road parking,
washing machine, tumble dryer, modern kitchen and good sized living room; all a
15 minute walk away from the University of Kent. Bus stop is a 1 minute walk
away and stops right outside the University. Mixed house, all University of Kent
students. Rent is £350 a month and pictures are available upon request. Should
you wish to view this property simply message me and we can arrange a
time.
Original post by JimmyBignutz
Having applied through clearing I'd be keen to find a house; assuming there are spaces.
feel free to message me if you're looking for a housemate

Bright, newly decorated room with double bed available for rent asap. House comes with fibre optic broadband included, off road parking, washing machine, tumble dryer, modern kitchen and good sized living room; all a 15 minute walk away from the University of Kent. Bus stop is a 1 minute walk away and stops right outside the University. Mixed house, all University of Kent students. Rent is £350 a month and pictures are available upon request. Should you wish to view this property simply message me and we can arrange a time
Original post by WillBr
Are there any other first years looking for off-campus accommodation? I would be more comfortable finding a place with people of the same situation. Annoyingly naive of me to think/hope of getting on-campus accommodation :mad:

Bright, newly decorated room with double bed available for rent asap. House comes with fibre optic broadband included, off road parking, washing machine, tumble dryer, modern kitchen and good sized living room; all a 15 minute walk away from the University of Kent. Bus stop is a 1 minute walk away and stops right outside the University. Mixed house, all University of Kent students. Rent is £350 a month and pictures are available upon request. Should you wish to view this property simply message me and we can arrange a time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending