The Student Room Group

Birkbeck Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

HI there, sorry for just butting into all the conversation :P

Anyone here doing a political science? Perhaps BA Global Politics and International Relations?? :smile:

Would be nice to get to know some people before starting end of this month! I'm 21 and super nervous!
Reply 41
Welcome to the Birkbeck Union! Fancy a drink at the George? Only two and sixpence a pint. And we have Bingo on Thursdays

Reply 42
Original post by mpizarrobell

Anyone here doing a political science? Perhaps BA Global Politics and International Relations?? :smile:

Would be nice to get to know some people before starting end of this month! I'm 21 and super nervous!

Hey I have my interview tomorrow, really really nervous, so fingers crossed I'll see you on the course. I'm 24
Original post by LoMak
Hey I have my interview tomorrow, really really nervous, so fingers crossed I'll see you on the course. I'm 24

Oh wow, very good luck to you! Hopefully we'll meet on the course! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Clip
Welcome to the Birkbeck Union! Fancy a drink at the George? Only two and sixpence a pint. And we have Bingo on Thursdays

I daresay, the prospectus of bingo nights at the George sounds absolutely smashing! Also, you are absolutely right, Birkbeck is full of old geezers. For instance, I am your 70 year old grannie posing as a 19 year old, so I would like to see you there sometime.

Sadly, I am doing Law.
Original post by HyperInSugar
I daresay, the prospectus of bingo nights at the George sounds absolutely smashing! Also, you are absolutely right, Birkbeck is full of old geezers. For instance, I am your 70 year old grannie posing as a 19 year old, so I would like to see you there sometime.

Sadly, I am doing Law.

That's not all bad :smile: would be nice to know people in general before starting. Will you be first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
That's not all bad :smile: would be nice to know people in general before starting. Will you be first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! It is funny, because I almost ended studying PPE (not exactly the same, but rather similar as some modules are shared between Politics & International Relations and PPE) at RHUL. However, to make things short, had a change of heart, declined my offer and took a gap year because I realized that it wasn't exactly meant for me. So I reapplied, and here I am :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yep! It is funny, because I almost ended studying PPE (not exactly the same, but rather similar as some modules are shared between Politics & International Relations and PPE) at RHUL. However, to make things short, had a change of heart, declined my offer and took a gap year because I realized that it wasn't exactly meant for me. So I reapplied, and here I am :wink:

Oh wow, that's quite a journey. What made you change your mind?
I took a gap year out, worked for the year, went back to college to study something completely different I.e. politics. (id done languages and humanities for A-Levels), went to Greenwich Uni to do pure politics for a year, hated it, applied to Birkbeck to do the exact course I really wanted, and here I am too haha.
Though I'm sure we'd see eachother around Uni if anything. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Oh wow, that's quite a journey. What made you change your mind?
I took a gap year out, worked for the year, went back to college to study something completely different I.e. politics. (id done languages and humanities for A-Levels), went to Greenwich Uni to do pure politics for a year, hated it, applied to Birkbeck to do the exact course I really wanted, and here I am too haha.
Though I'm sure we'd see eachother around Uni if anything. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

During the gap year I ended working as an office junior for a Law firm in Gibraltar, which led me to get more interested on legal procedures so I ended deciding to apply for it.
Reply 49
Hello everyone, my names Amy. Ill be doing a postgrad course in psychology, anyone else?
Reply 50
Original post by sophieb94
Hey,

I'll be entering first year in October to study Linguistics and Spanish, quite nervous as don't know anyone at all at the Uni! Anyone else studying languages too? I'll be living at home still so must probably won't make friends as easily as those living in halls but it would be cool to get to know people!!

Heya! I'm studying linguistics and japanese! xD
Haha I was hoping to find another person doing something similar. how awesome.
Reply 51
Ah that's cool! Is your induction 4th October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi my name is Chris, I'm about to study law! Would like to meet all of u! When's the gathering? :smile:
Reply 53
I know I am being a bit repetitive here but I already need to round up who's coming and who's not as there's only 12 days left! Alright are meeting at 4:30-4:45ish (right after the freshers fayre) in front of Birkbeck's main entrance in Malet Street, which is right next door to the ULU building. The Welcome Party starts at 7, yet I was thinking about meeting before just for the sake of getting to know each other and grab something to eat. Also, bear in mind that this years' theme for the welcome party is a Hawaiian Luau. And no, you don't need to walk around London with a coconut bra and a hula skirt. Just fancy dress will do the trick.

P.S: If you want to ask anything else or just chat a little before meeting up, PM me asking for my phone numbers in Spain and the UK.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Hello, I just came across this! I'm starting at Birkbeck this year for a History PhD, so I'm not an undergraduate, but am still reasonably young (24) and have never studied at Birkbeck or lived in London before, so it would be great to meet some fellow students!
Reply 55
Oh dear, I got a negative vote on my last post! Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with the meeting times and hopefully, you won't end hating my guts for the next three years :rolleyes:

By the way, cawr, everyone is invited to join the fun, so don't worry about being a postgraduate student. In fact, we have a couple of postgrads joining in.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Hey guys My name is Yin.

I am from Hong kong and I am studying an undergraduate degree on business.

Would be really nice to meet up for the fare and get to know you guys:smile:
Reply 57
Hi everyone!
I'm Chris, 23, and going into 2nd year of BA History. This will be my first year at Birkbeck so good to see everyone's keen to get to know each other. I'll hopefully see some of you on the 27th then!
Reply 58
Hey guys, it is me again. I have posted a reminder about the meet up on the Birkbeck freshers group on Facebook, so if you want to add me on it, I am Rebeca Maria Madrid :biggrin:
Reply 59
I know I am being a bit repetitive here but I already need to round up who's coming and who's not as there's only 12 days left! Alright are meeting at 4:30-4:45ish (right after the freshers fayre) in front of Birkbeck's main entrance in Malet Street, which is right next door to the ULU building. The Welcome Party starts at 7, yet I was thinking about meeting before just for the sake of getting to know each other and grab something to eat. Also, bear in mind that this years' theme for the welcome party is a Hawaiian Luau. And no, you don't need to walk around London with a coconut bra and a hula skirt. Just fancy dress will do the trick.

P.S: If you want to ask anything else or just chat a little before meeting up, PM me asking for my phone numbers in Spain and the UK.

Hey there! I noticed this feed and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm studying politics, philosophy and history is anybody else on the undergrad programme? My name's Liz by the way and it'd be nice to have some friends when I come to Birkbeck! Quite scared about it all actually, so is it alright if I join this meet-up....if I do come, forgive me I can be a bit giggly if I'm nervous! Be nice to meet you all! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending