The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Tata is introducing some alternatives to Tiki Taka. I must say I'm impressed.

Also, Getafe leading 1-0 against Real Madrid.
Lafita tormented Madrid a couple of seasons ago with Zaragoza, now he's back
Reply 2902
Original post by Abiraleft
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/tiki-taka-masters-barcelona-lose-possession-battle-first-111604032.html

317 games - astonishing. And very interesting indeed that they lost it in a game they won 4-0. :holmes:

Yes I read it this morning and couldn't believe it :O
The spanish press we're over the moon with that statistic... according to them, the new coach (Tata Martino) is trying to include new tactics that change slightly the style, to make it lethal.
Reply 2903
Original post by Existentialgrad
Five wins out of five in the league for Atletico Madrid with a 0-2 win at Valladolid. Great start for Atleti. Could they be the first team since Villareall in 2007-08 to split the big two? I doubt it over the course of a 38 game season, but they look good for the Champions League positions again at this rate.

The coach has done a superb job. Now that the team has a solid base, lets see how well they do in the Champions League... I think they're going to be one of the "surprises" of this years tournament :smile:

P.D. Comment made by a Spanish, Real Madrid Fan, yet I do hope Atletico manages to make "La Liga" a more entertaining tournament :smile:
Gutted Bale missed his Bernebau debut through a small injury picked up in warm-up:mad:
Original post by aroniglenn
Gutted Bale missed his Bernebau debut through a small injury picked up in warm-up:mad:

Bet he just got nervous and bottled it :colondollar:
Not a surprise considering the lack of continuity in his pre-season regime; surprised he didn't pick up an injury when he went on that 40 yard burst in the second half vs. Villareal!

He'll be back for the Madrid derby which will be a real and sufficient test for him but would have been easier to face had he got his debut at home out of the way.
Barca are taking the piss out of Sociedad here. It's not even funny. They look scary.
Sociedad are in the CL, Barca have scored 3 and could easily have scored double figures, it's not even HT yet. The passing combinations between Messi, Iniesta and Neymar :coma:
Reply 2909
I9NzdPP_mmg

Dat play. :coma:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
I9NzdPP_mmg

Dat play. :coma:

So many times whilst I'm watching Barca I'm like 'just shoot the ****er'
What a bent, corrupt, performance by the referee in the Elche v Real Madrid game. Elche got a deserved equaliser at the end of the match, but the refereee GIFTS Real Madrid a penalty after Pepe conned him.

It's clear as day there is a directive to give Real Madrid favourable refereeing decisions. As corrupt as anything!
Reply 2912
Yh just saw that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2913
What a bent, corrupt, performance by the referee in the Elche v Real Madrid game. Elche got a deserved equaliser at the end of the match, but the refereee GIFTS Real Madrid a penalty after Pepe conned him.

It's clear as day there is a directive to give Real Madrid favourable refereeing decisions. As corrupt as anything!

Seriously, this was beyond pathetic. The moment Elche scored, I thought, 'penalty coming up?', but never ever ever would I have thought any referee would seriously do this. Just corrupt. He gifted them 3 points, and those weren't even deserved.

Edit: Pepe actually pulled down that defender. The sad thing is that brutes like him get rewarded for such behaviour.

Edit 2: Not to mention that that corner was granted 30 seconds after extra time was up. What the hell.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
Seriously, this was beyond pathetic. The moment Elche scored, I thought, 'penalty coming up?', but never ever ever would I have thought any referee would seriously do this. Just corrupt. He gifted them 3 points, and those weren't even deserved.

Edit: Pepe actually pulled down that defender. The sad thing is that brutes like him get rewarded for such behaviour.

Edit 2: Not to mention that that corner was granted 30 seconds after extra time was up. What the hell.

Also, Ramos should have been sent off and Ronaldo was given a ridiculous yellow card. I've never seen a player awarded a yellow card for trying to take a free-kick quick. The referee was just useless.

Edit: This was the same referee that disallowed Sevilla's goal against Barca for no reason. So he's not just helping Madrid.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2915

Shame. I watched the first half of this and Elche were playing a lot better than I expected them to (though Madrid were also being pretty wasteful/short on ideas).
Reply 2916
Wow, the referee manipulated the report. Ronaldo scored in the 88th minute?
What is this I don't even...
:laugh:

Original post by Manchester United
Also, Ramos should have been sent off and Ronaldo was given a ridiculous yellow card. I've never seen a player awarded a yellow card for trying to take a free-kick quick. The referee was just useless.

Edit: This was the same referee that disallowed Sevilla's goal against Barca for no reason. So he's not just helping Madrid.

He was, but those games aren't really comparable: Almost all calls in yesterday's game were in Madrid's favour, whereas fouls made by Madrid players were kindly ignored. In the Barca - Sevilla game, a Sevilla player should have been sent off and several fouls, especially on Neymar, were ignored. (Note: I know of Neymar's diving record, but it's a matter of fact he still attracts the most fouls). Not sure about the disallowed goal, it looked like a normal goal to me too, but apparently that player admitted fouling Alves and apologised.

But whatever, this referee should just be banned. No team should be favoured, but such is life in La Liga. I would have never thought, though, that they would seriously go and manipulate the report.

Original post by Abiraleft
Shame. I watched the first half of this and Elche were playing a lot better than I expected them to (though Madrid were also being pretty wasteful/short on ideas).

True; uninspired performance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
Wow, the referee manipulated the report. Ronaldo scored in the 88th minute?
What is this I don't even...
:laugh:

He was, but those games aren't really comparable: Almost all calls in yesterday's game were in Madrid's favour, whereas fouls made by Madrid players were kindly ignored. In the Barca - Sevilla game, a Sevilla player should have been sent off and several fouls, especially on Neymar, were ignored. (Note: I know of Neymar's diving record, but it's a matter of fact he still attracts the most fouls). Not sure about the disallowed goal, it looked like a normal goal to me too, but apparently that player admitted fouling Alves and apologised.

But whatever, this referee should just be banned. No team should be favoured, but such is life in La Liga. I would have never thought, though, that they would seriously go and manipulate the report.

True; uninspired performance.

Didn't someone get yellow carded after the game? I remember all the Elche players running up to the referee at the end, then the referee pulled out a yellow card. Where's that in the report? The last yellow card says 89 minutes.

One of the worst referees I've seen I think.
Wow seems like I've missed quite a lot :redface:
Reply 2919
Original post by Malevolent
Wow seems like I've missed quite a lot :redface:

Your nerves will thank you for it. Just a joke of a game. The most expensive squad in the world relies on a ****ty ref to win against a side that was just promoted.

Latest