The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicinebabe
Woow good ukcat, cngratz!!
I hace an uncondtional offer from imperiall :smile:

Dont worry about bmat, it will go better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any tips on interview questions, ive got a mock interview tomorrow with imperial students?
Original post by Mo_maths

Do you have any tips on interview questions, ive got a mock interview tomorrow with imperial students?

Just be relaxed, they wont try to trick you or anything!

Relax and talk about yourself and medicinee :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 722
Hey guys, sat my UKCAT this morning and as a result of it I'm now reconsidering my choices (originally Newcastle, Nottingham, UEA, Sheffield). I got 9A* and 3A at GCSE, ABBB at AS, and have predicted A2 grades of A*AAA. I got 832.5 and SJT band 2 on my UKCAT. Where would I have the best chance at?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 723
Original post by Cheska744
Would like to apply to Newcastle however my ukcat is 697.5 and not sure if this would be too risky. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would advise you not to apply to Newcastle as I think the cut-off will exceed 700 this year, I am expecting it to be around 725
Reply 724
Original post by school1234
Do you think I can get into St. andrews and Aberdeen? I have predicted 45 at IB, 6 A*, 1 A, 2 Bs at IGCSE

It depends how much they look at your UKcat, I am not sure really
Reply 725
Ukcat: 618.5

AS: AABB A's in biology and chem, B's in physics and math.

A level prediction: AAA physics bio chem

My personal aim: A* A* A

Applying to: Keele, Aberdeen, Bristol, and Liverpool.

Work experience: Hospital (ward assistant) and Medical Centre (disease research)
(Volunteering for a year now, once a week for each)

Also an International Student.
Original post by madz2802
Love zumba!! I put it down as my EC too :biggrin: sent my application off yesterday-scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, it's so fun! Talked abut it in two of my interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP ON WHERE TO APPLY FOR UNI:

GCSE: 4A* 8A
AS: aab (b for chem)
A2: achieved A in maths, predicted A*AA for bio, further maths and chem
UKCAT: 692.5 (individual results: 590, 630, 670, 880)
Preferably London. I know I'm defo applying to Imperial. Is King's a definite no? St Georges?
Reply 728
Hi I am applying for medicine this year and need some advice on uni's to consider. I got 7 A*'s 3 A's B at GCSE 4 A's at AS. I am predicted 3 A's and got 740 avg on the UKCAT. Kings college London is a definite choice, not sure about Newcastle/ St. Andrews/ Cardiff and thinking of Southampton and Plymouth as back up. (2 big uni's and 2 back up uni's)
Reply 729
Original post by abss96
Hi I am applying for medicine this year and need some advice on uni's to consider. I got 7 A*'s 3 A's B at GCSE 4 A's at AS. I am predicted 3 A's and got 740 avg on the UKCAT. Kings college London is a definite choice, not sure about Newcastle/ St. Andrews/ Cardiff and thinking of Southampton and Plymouth as back up. (2 big uni's and 2 back up uni's)

Sot'on and Newcastle (big ukcat users) will pretty much get you a certain interview also with those stats nottingham as as well unless subset scores let you down:smile:
Anyone, specifically international students applying to Plymouth?
Reply 731
Original post by t()m
Sot'on and Newcastle (big ukcat users) will pretty much get you a certain interview also with those stats nottingham as as well unless subset scores let you down:smile:

Thanks for the advice :smile:. What are subset scores? And is there any point of me taking the BMAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone applying to bristol?
anyone applying to Bristol?
Reply 734
Original post by Sukura
Ukcat: 618.5

AS: AABB A's in biology and chem, B's in physics and math.

A level prediction: AAA physics bio chem

My personal aim: A* A* A

Applying to: Keele, Aberdeen, Bristol, and Liverpool.

Work experience: Hospital (ward assistant) and Medical Centre (disease research)
(Volunteering for a year now, once a week for each)

Also an International Student.

Wow hey I'm also an international student applying to Keele, Liverpool and Bristol! :smile:
Reply 735
Original post by salmaed
Your IB predicted and UKCAT scores are great, but I am guessing you're an international student? If you were british I would tell you to go ahead and apply, and to also keep your other 3 places as safety schools that you are sure you can get an interview in. But if you're international, don't apply... unfortunately your adviser is right.

Well I'm polish, so my application falls in the "elsewhere from the EU" category. What is the difference between british and other eu applicants?
Reply 736
How much time does it take to receive an answer after the application? :smile:
Original post by fadytousa
How much time does it take to receive an answer after the application? :smile:

Most but not all unis will contact you to confirm receipt of your application, but you may be waiting up til March to be invited to interview or be rejected. You're gonna need to be very patient :tongue:
Reply 738
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Most but not all unis will contact you to confirm receipt of your application, but you may be waiting up til March to be invited to interview or be rejected. You're gonna need to be very patient :tongue:

Ok :smile: Thank you! :smile:
Reply 739
Original post by MedicalMaureen
anyone applying to Bristol?

me! as an international student :biggrin: Apparently Bristol is the most competitive medical school :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending