The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
HA! You know anyone going to study Maths with Econ?

In order of preference; Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, Warwick, UCL - I think :tongue:

Nah, a friend of mine received an offer, and firmed it, only to decline all the UK uni's to go to Stanford.
Step 2 and 3 should be fun :tongue:. I'm working through STEP to stay fresh with Maths, and safe to say, I feel extremely inadequate at Maths right now:redface:.
UCL are evil, they rejected everyone from my school!
(edited 10 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 221
Original post by abhiksetia
Nah, a friend of mine received an offer, and firmed it, only to decline all the UK uni's to go to Stanford.
Step 2 and 3 should be fun :tongue:. I'm working through STEP to stay fresh with Maths, and safe to say, I feel extremely inadequate at Maths right now:redface:.
UCL are evil, they rejected everyone from my school!

Ah - I'm assuming they're an exceptional student to get into Stanford? I used to dream of going there, only to realise I had no extra curriculars :tongue:

STEP is fun - I've been doing STEP I for the past month or so (I'll build up to II and III soon enough) for interview prep!

UCL told me that all reapplicants with the required grades for maths will get an offer, so I'm happy enough :biggrin:
Original post by CD315
Ah - I'm assuming they're an exceptional student to get into Stanford? I used to dream of going there, only to realise I had no extra curriculars :tongue:

STEP is fun - I've been doing STEP I for the past month or so (I'll build up to II and III soon enough) for interview prep!

UCL told me that all reapplicants with the required grades for maths will get an offer, so I'm happy enough :biggrin:

Oh he's unbelievable. Top of the class, school president, you know the type :colone:. Had an Oxford offer as well, the greedy git.

Step is fun, but I miss the days of C1/C2/S1 far too much. I used to feel like such a genius :biggrin:. Getting a STEP question correct is quite an awesome feeling though.

Oh that's fantastic, very nice worst case scenario option to have, though you'll most likely end up with many more options with 4 A*'s.
Reply 223
Oh he's unbelievable. Top of the class, school president, you know the type :colone:. Had an Oxford offer as well, the greedy git.

Step is fun, but I miss the days of C1/C2/S1 far too much. I used to feel like such a genius :biggrin:. Getting a STEP question correct is quite an awesome feeling though.

Oh that's fantastic, very nice worst case scenario option to have, though you'll most likely end up with many more options with 4 A*'s.

Ah yes, I certainly know the type! Lucky guy :lol:

I sure hope so! I'd definitely find it hard choosing between LSE/Imperial though (assuming I didn't get Cambridge, which is likely)
Original post by CD315
Ah yes, I certainly know the type! Lucky guy :lol:

I sure hope so! I'd definitely find it hard choosing between LSE/Imperial though (assuming I didn't get Cambridge, which is likely)

It'll be a very nice choice to have though :tongue:.

It all depends upon the interview for Cambridge doesn't it? Good luck for that!
Reply 225
It'll be a very nice choice to have though :tongue:.

It all depends upon the interview for Cambridge doesn't it? Good luck for that!

It does indeed. Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 226
Hi !!!
I found it difficult to choose between Economics and Mathematics and Economics.
I don't know which one should I apply to as I love LSE straight econ course structure but the acceptance rate is only 8%.
math and econ is my 2nd fav at LSE, and the acceptance rate is 10%.
Which one shall I choose?
URGENT!
Original post by lostesp
Hi !!!
I found it difficult to choose between Economics and Mathematics and Economics.
I don't know which one should I apply to as I love LSE straight econ course structure but the acceptance rate is only 8%.
math and econ is my 2nd fav at LSE, and the acceptance rate is 10%.
Which one shall I choose?
URGENT!

Choose which ever one you prefer. I read a thread on this and people were saying "Choose straight Economics if you just want to learn the maths and not the reasoning behind it" and "Choose Econ+Maths if you want to learn the reason behind the maths" They also said Econ+Maths will be a little bit harder.
Reply 228
Anyone applying for the Government course?
Reply 229
Original post by CD315
HA! You know anyone going to study Maths with Econ?

In order of preference; Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, Warwick, UCL - I think :tongue:

hey, im also in a gap year, unplanned and unexpected. got A*BB last year maths further and physics. applied for engineering but now aaplying for accounting and finance or maths with econ. which would you say is better?more likely to get in? also im retaking the two B's... wasnt expecting them and it was a couple of bad exams tha led to it. good luck in your applications.
Reply 230
Original post by cem101
hey, im also in a gap year, unplanned and unexpected. got A*BB last year maths further and physics. applied for engineering but now aaplying for accounting and finance or maths with econ. which would you say is better?more likely to get in? also im retaking the two B's... wasnt expecting them and it was a couple of bad exams tha led to it. good luck in your applications.

Maths with economics would be more competitive I think.
Reply 231
Original post by CD315
Maths with economics would be more competitive I think.

thanks
Looking to apply for geography or environment and development. I am currently on a gap year and was wondering what people thought of my chances of getting an offer were? V.average gcses (few a*s, few bs, and mostly As). I achieved a*aa at a2 and was one ums away from an a* in economics (365 out of 400 overall, 179 at a2). Any comments would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what lse's view on students reapplying is? Thanks!
Reply 233
Hey I just sent of my application today for Actuarial Science... Is this course very competitive at LSE?
Reply 234
Original post by Faye_m
Hey I just sent of my application today for Actuarial Science... Is this course very competitive at LSE?

Well there were 560 applications for 67 places in 2012. Considering they make at least 2 offers per place, make of that what you will.
Reply 235
Original post by CD315
Well there were 560 applications for 67 places in 2012. Considering they make at least 2 offers per place, make of that what you will.

5% chance lol? Especially since I have a combination of American and British qualifications...

Oh and how long do they usually take to reply?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 236
Anyone going for International Relations? :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by Faye_m
5% chance lol? Especially since I have a combination of American and British qualifications...

Oh and how long do they usually take to reply?

They got back to me for Maths with Economics last year around the start of March.
Reply 238
Does anyone want to make a stalking page for LSE applicants?
Reply 239
Original post by CD315
They got back to me for Maths with Economics last year around the start of March.

When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending