The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Hey guys,
Firstly, good luck with all your AS Level examinations in the summer! Hope you guys will do your best and get all the results you deserved. :smile:

Secondly, anyone thinking about their university choices yet? I personally wanted to do computer science but then Physics got to me and gave up that dream. Now I'm concentrating more on Economics / Management ( hence LSE) Anyone thinking of doing the same course and so have any advice for me? :biggrin: Since it's time to think about what to put into our UCAS application anyway. :frown:

Thank you! :biggrin:
---
Connect to LSE here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Same Here.
Want to do Econ at LSE.
Just concentrate on your AS and in Summers concentrate on your P.S it really matters tbh
The courses are really competitive so you have to work hell alot! :smile:
What were your GCSEs grades and AS subjects
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
It's either Econ of management in LSE for me. Now I'm just focusing on AS hoping to get AAA for chem, Econ and Maths, I also do physics but only hope to get C/B for physics for AS.
Did IGCSE instead, and I heard its harder then GCSE. Got 2A* and 6A's
How about you? How's your revision for AS? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hieuluu
It's either Econ of management in LSE for me. Now I'm just focusing on AS hoping to get AAA for chem, Econ and Maths, I also do physics but only hope to get C/B for physics for AS.
Did IGCSE instead, and I heard its harder then GCSE. Got 2A* and 6A's
How about you? How's your revision for AS? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have almost same Grades as your!! 1A* 7As 2Bs.
Well Im giving accelerated math which is a pain in a Butt :/.
My main focus on revision is on Physics and Math.
Other than these I have Econ and Psych.
I'm thinkng of applying for LSE 2014 for Econ & Govt. You can't do Management and Econ, can you?

Edit -Summer didnt go as well as planned, not applying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by maliksajwani
I have almost same Grades as your!! 1A* 7As 2Bs.
Well Im giving accelerated math which is a pain in a Butt :/.
My main focus on revision is on Physics and Math.
Other than these I have Econ and Psych.

My revision is going alright, but got maths coming up in like 2 weeks time so pretty streesed out atm. :/
Scared for physics though, hoping to get a B, since AAAB for AS doesnt sound too bad (:

Original post by Alex-Torres
I'm thinkng of applying for LSE 2014 for Econ & Govt. You can't do Management and Econ, can you?

Last time i checked there's a mangament course, but its a standalone course, seperated from Econ, it would be amazing if there is one though. :frown:
Reply 6
How did everyone do? Hope you all did well! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hieuluu
How did everyone do? Hope you all did well! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It went great!! Though I screwed up with Psych :P
Still left with Physics MCQs
U done with papers?
Reply 8
Original post by maliksajwani
It went great!! Though I screwed up with Psych :P
Still left with Physics MCQs
U done with papers?

I've got 3 more next week and im done! i seriously can't wait.
Chemistry, Physics and Econonmics, all over and done with on wednesday :colone:

... and then preparing for PS and UCAS and LSE and...... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

there goes my beautiful summer
Original post by hieuluu
I've got 3 more next week and im done! i seriously can't wait.
Chemistry, Physics and Econonmics, all over and done with on wednesday :colone:

... and then preparing for PS and UCAS and LSE and...... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

there goes my beautiful summer

Haha I can undrstand. I have to do the same! Plus SAt, Common App and research about other Unis. This will really turn my summer into **** :frown:
Hi everyone, I'm from the US and applying for Government 2014 entry-- so excited that I actually made a TSR account just to join this thread. :wink: Good luck to you all!
Reply 11
Original post by legally-blonde
Hi everyone, I'm from the US and applying for Government 2014 entry-- so excited that I actually made a TSR account just to join this thread. :wink: Good luck to you all!

good luck! what qualification are you current doing?
are you confident? :biggrin:
Original post by hieuluu
good luck! what qualification are you current doing?
are you confident? :biggrin:

I'm in the IB, and my Higher Levels are English Literature, History of the Americas, and Economics. I'm not terribly confident, given that I don't know too much about the British application system, but I suppose you never know until you try! :smile:
Have you visited the LSE campus yet?
Reply 13
Original post by legally-blonde
I'm in the IB, and my Higher Levels are English Literature, History of the Americas, and Economics. I'm not terribly confident, given that I don't know too much about the British application system, but I suppose you never know until you try! :smile:
Have you visited the LSE campus yet?

no not yet sadly im going home just before the open days, im not from the UK so yeah :/
most of my friends do IB but i do A-levels instead, thats not a bad combination to be fair.

what uni apart from LSE are you planning to apply?
Ah, I see. Where are you from?

And I'm planning on applying to Cambridge (HSPS), Edinburgh (Politics), King's College London (International Politics), and Manchester (Politics and International Relations). And yourself?
Reply 15
Im from Vietnam, you?
I gave up on Oxbridge dream long ago
Possibly applying for LSE, King's College London, Warwick, UCL and possibly a top 20 uni just for a back up
Courses varying from Economics to Management, something along those lines.
Reply 16
What do you guys think it takes to get in?
Reply 17
Original post by vikram97
What do you guys think it takes to get in?

Definitely the grades but also your PS, what makes you stand out really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by hieuluu
Hey guys,
Firstly, good luck with all your AS Level examinations in the summer! Hope you guys will do your best and get all the results you deserved. :smile:

Secondly, anyone thinking about their university choices yet? I personally wanted to do computer science but then Physics got to me and gave up that dream. Now I'm concentrating more on Economics / Management ( hence LSE) Anyone thinking of doing the same course and so have any advice for me? :biggrin: Since it's time to think about what to put into our UCAS application anyway. :frown:

Thank you! :biggrin:

I think you will have a chance. Would be important to concentrate more on PS. Also Econ is more competitive so you could try Management instead, for example. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ninanguyen
I think you will have a chance. Would be important to concentrate more on PS. Also Econ is more competitive so you could try Management instead, for example. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for the reply!
That's what everyone says, to concentrate on doing my PS. The thing is I have no idea how to, so it's a good idea that I start now :/
And btw, looking at your username, are you Vietnamese by any chance? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest