I am applying this year. :smile:

Nice, gl.

Let me know how you get on :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 321
Original post by Joshuabruno1
Am going to apply for Economic history but thinking that my AS grades, ABB, are going to really limit my application!

Finally another Econ History applicant! I seem to be the only one :frown:
Stalking page any day soon?
People who have already applied for Economis - have you recieved additional forms? How long after applying? :smile:
Reply 325
Original post by SPark9625
Hi guys, I would like to know my chance at LSE.

I've applied for Economics (BSc) and Mathematics and Economics (BSc) a week ago. I am an international applicant, I do the IB and I do not have any GCSE or equivalent. (which doesn't matter as I'm an international applicant.)

My overall predicted grade is 42, with 7,7,7,7 in HL and 6,6, in SL and 2 bonus points.

HL: Math, Physics, Chemistry, German B
SL: English A, History

My school does not offer Economics, but I've learned it myself and wrote my Extended Essay on it. I have done further reading on Economics, and especially regarding the Game Theory.

Do I have any hope? I am slightly worried that my predictions might be a little low compared to others.

No you don't, you need a perfect 45, the ability to speak 6 different languages and have to be a descendant of Jesus Christ to get in.... :rolleyes:

Don't be daft of course you have a chance, I'd say you have a fantastic chance with 42/45, you exceed their minimum entry requirement. Make sure to have a good personal statement and to maintain those grades though then you'll have a really high chance of getting in :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 326
Thanks!

I know that the "6 language" part was a joke, but just out of curiosity, would being tri-literate (Korean, German and English) and am learning Mandarin at the moment. Would this help my application in any way, despite the fact that it's irrelevant to the degree I want to pursue? I mentioned it in my PS in the context of internationalism, but I was unsure if it would boost up my application.

Yes it would boost your chances as it shows that you have the ability to constantly learn new things etc. You'll have to excuse me, I'm quite tired at the moment but anything that shows that you can handle lots of information and adapt accordingly will help with university applications.
Reply 327
Hi guys, I would like to know my chance at LSE.

I've applied for Economics (BSc) and Mathematics and Economics (BSc) a week ago. I am an international applicant, I do the IB and I do not have any GCSE or equivalent. (which doesn't matter as I'm an international applicant.)

My overall predicted grade is 42, with 7,7,7,7 in HL and 6,6, in SL and 2 bonus points.

HL: Math, Physics, Chemistry, German B
SL: English A, History

My school does not offer Economics, but I've learned it myself and wrote my Extended Essay on it. I have done further reading on Economics, and especially regarding the Game Theory.

Do I have any hope? I am slightly worried that my predictions might be a little low compared to others.

Hey, girl!!:p:p:p:p:tongue:I guess we chated in the Oxford TSA thread
Reply 328
Hey :smile: yeah you had one post on the Oxford forum, so it was easy to find hahah

I'm male, by the way hahah

How's your TSA going?

Oh, sorry. I just found out that my english teacher used to teach AS critical thinking in UK, so I am going to ask him for help. I didn't do any TSA prep these two weeks as I was busy editing oxford PS.
I am going to submit my PS to ucas tmr.
:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 329
Just got this email from LSE

Dear Mr ...

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
I'm applying for LSE but haven't sent my UCAS off yet. I'm running for election as my college's student president (student body of 27,000) which will be decided by the end of October, so I'm holding off in the hope that I'll be able to put that on my PS.
Reply 331
Do you guys think I should bother applying? I don't want to risk getting rejected :l

GCSEs: 2A*s (and 2A* equivalents), 6 As (and 2A equivalents), 2Bs and a C.

AS: AAAA in English Lit, Maths, Economics and Media.
A2 Predicted: A*AA in Lit, Maths and Econ respectively.

Little to none extra curriculars, but I have one relevant work experience.

I know LSE is super competitive so I'm leaning towards not applying :/ My other choices are Leeds, Lancaster, Manchester and Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Original post by JodieW
Do you guys think I should bother applying? I don't want to risk getting rejected :l

GCSEs: 2A*s (and 2A* equivalents), 6 As (and 2A equivalents), 2Bs and a C.

AS: AAAA in English Lit, Maths, Economics and Media.
A2 Predicted: A*AA in Lit, Maths and Econ respectively.

Little to none extra curriculars, but I have one relevant work experience.

I know LSE is super competitive so I'm leaning towards not applying :/ My other choices are Leeds, Lancaster, Manchester and Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually ignore this, I won't apply because I got Cs in Critical Thinking and General Studies which probably means an outright rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Giant

Just got this too, congratulations!
Reply 334
Seems this year admission system is a lot more organised!
Reply 335
Original post by Giant

Could I ask what your GCSEs, AS grades and A2 predicted are? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Original post by Donniee
Just got this too, congratulations!

How long ago did you apply? Also, what GCSEs and AS grades and predicted grades did you get? (:

I don't know if I should apply, gah. My GCSEs aren't really exceptional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JodieW
Actually ignore this, I won't apply because I got Cs in Critical Thinking and General Studies which probably means an outright rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Critical Thinking and General Studies are irrelevant, don't worry about them
Reply 338
Glad to see LSE are on the ball this year and keeping applicants in the know - last year I had absolutely nothing for months.

Those of you with that email; it'd be nice to know how long ago you applied.
Original post by calla_lily
Hey everyone! I'm planning on applying for law at LSE! Anyone else applying for law? :smile:

So am I :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE, AS and A2(predicted) grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending