The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

hi everyone, what would you say are the top 5 most ukcat heavy universities??
Original post by kcapsoccer
hi everyone, what would you say are the top 5 most ukcat heavy universities??

I'd say Newcastle, Durham Southampton, Glasgow and King's
Reply 922
sorry where is the main forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally sent off application today (as post year 13- gap year) :
-Brighton and Sussex, Hull York, Manchester, Nottingham.
-AAAa
-GCSE; 3A*,4A,2B
-UKCAT 772.5 Band 2
Reply 924
Original post by gabriel..m
Finally sent off application today (as post year 13- gap year) :
-Brighton and Sussex, Hull York, Manchester, Nottingham.
-AAAa
-GCSE; 3A*,4A,2B
-UKCAT 772.5 Band 2

Good luck! I hope you get in! I have very similar stats to yours.
And well done in your ukcat!
Reply 925
Original post by Pittawithcheese
Phew! I'm glad you called them. That could have been a bit of a disaster...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha so am I :smile: the panic when I heard that it had not worked, but it's all okay now
Original post by kyradee95
do you think Glasgow is more UKCAT heavy than Edinburgh? (undergraduate)

At GCSE i have 9 A*s and 1 B (Spanish, which i dropped), do i stand a chance with an average UKCAtof 655?

Glasgow has a UKCAT cutoff that entirely decides who is called for interview once minimum requirements are met. With Edinburgh, it is only worth 20% (35% including SJT), but they don't interview
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could tell me, roughly, what my chances are of getting edinburgh ( it's my first choice!). I have AAAAB for S5 highers, and AA for highers in S6, as well as AA for adv chem and maths! My UKCAT is 777.5, Band 1, and I have lots of work experience and do sport (swimming) at a national level! Thanks!
Original post by MrSupernova
I'd say Newcastle, Durham Southampton, Glasgow and King's

Yes i agree.. and maybe also Manchester?

Yeah, then all the other Scottish unis are a bit UKCAT-obsessed too haha

*EDIT* Not saying that Manchester is in Scotland btw...
Reply 930

Also Hull York Medical School who interview anyone with a score of 700+
Reply 931
Original post by RossMacdonald
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could tell me, roughly, what my chances are of getting edinburgh ( it's my first choice!). I have AAAAB for S5 highers, and AA for highers in S6, as well as AA for adv chem and maths! My UKCAT is 777.5, Band 1, and I have lots of work experience and do sport (swimming) at a national level! Thanks!

Are you a re-applicant? What unis did you apply for.
I would say you stand a very good chance, i was gonna apply for edinburgh but then opted not too.
Band 1 will favour you and so will your A's at adv highers etc.
Theyre looking for experience and EC so yeah you seem to fit requirements but alot of others will have just as much as well so its hard to say.
Original post by Chi-
Are you a re-applicant? What unis did you apply for.
I would say you stand a very good chance, i was gonna apply for edinburgh but then opted not too.
Band 1 will favour you and so will your A's at adv highers etc.
Theyre looking for experience and EC so yeah you seem to fit requirements but alot of others will have just as much as well so its hard to say.

Yeah reapplication! I applied to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Dundee and Aberdeen! You? :smile:
Reply 933
Going for... Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff

GCSE: 8.5A* 2A
AS: AAAA
A2 predicted: A* A* A*
UKCAT: 725 av.

Hello:smile:
Original post by RUmine?
Going for... Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff

GCSE: 8.5A* 2A
AS: AAAA
A2 predicted: A* A* A*
UKCAT: 725 av.

Hello:smile:

Hi :smile: I applied to Birmingham and Newcastle too!
(Is your username arctic monkeys relayed or is that wishful thinking on my behalf?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 935
Original post by Yolo_kevin
Hi :smile: I applied to Birmingham and Newcastle too!
(Is your username arctic monkeys relayed or is that wishful thinking on my behalf?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, had to think of a username not taken so went for the song I was listening to at the time, so yes... arctic monkeys inspired. hahaa, how did your ukcat go? wondering how strong 725 is for Newcastle? should be ok, its the top 40% of ukcat entries that they invite for interview...
Original post by RUmine?
haha, had to think of a username not taken so went for the song I was listening to at the time, so yes... arctic monkeys inspired. hahaa, how did your ukcat go? wondering how strong 725 is for Newcastle? should be ok, its the top 40% of ukcat entries that they invite for interview...

Ahh I see...now I wish I'd called myself FluorescentAdolescent (unless that's taken) It went well actually, I managed to get 780 but it was my second time doing it :smile: Well done! I think that is fairly strong although I'm no expert, where's your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 937
Ahh I see...now I wish I'd called myself FluorescentAdolescent (unless that's taken) It went well actually, I managed to get 780 but it was my second time doing it :smile: Well done! I think that is fairly strong although I'm no expert, where's your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham by miles...
Original post by RUmine?
Birmingham by miles...

Haha why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 939
Haha why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liked the course structure, campus is amazing, great sports stuff, plenty to do, medical school is really impressive and its pretty much perfect distance from home as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending