The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by RossMacdonald
Yeah reapplication! I applied to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Dundee and Aberdeen! You? :smile:

Same but i applied for glasgow instead of edinburgh, why did you not give glasgow a shot?
Original post by Chi-
Same but i applied for glasgow instead of edinburgh, why did you not give glasgow a shot?

Needed 5 A's for higher from 5th year, I got AAAAB :frown:
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could tell me, roughly, what my chances are of getting edinburgh ( it's my first choice!). I have AAAAB for S5 highers, and AA for highers in S6, as well as AA for adv chem and maths! My UKCAT is 777.5, Band 1, and I have lots of work experience and do sport (swimming) at a national level! Thanks!

What is your B in?
Original post by katherine96
What is your B in?

Maths! Had a terrible maths exam that year!
Reply 944
I have the same problem, really wanted to apply to Glasgow. Damn that English exam...
Original post by FreyaCat
I have the same problem, really wanted to apply to Glasgow. Damn that English exam...

Same, Glashow would have been my first choice! Not really sure why it's AAAAA, nowhere else in Scotland is! :mad:
Reply 946
Same, Glashow would have been my first choice! Not really sure why it's AAAAA, nowhere else in Scotland is! :mad:
It's really annoying, Dundee will take you with AAABB :/
It's really annoying, Dundee will take you with AAABB :/

I don't understand it!
Reply 948
I don't understand it!
Glasgow and Strathclyde both have really high academics for all there courses.
Glasgow and Strathclyde both have really high academics for all there courses.

I know, I understand that. Though, you'd think though that considering Glasgow isn't the best medical school in Scotland they'd have their academics more in line with what the majority of medical schools in Scotland have I.e. AAAAB
Reply 950
I know, I understand that. Though, you'd think though that considering Glasgow isn't the best medical school in Scotland they'd have their academics more in line with what the majority of medical schools in Scotland have I.e. AAAAB
I know some people think its because their trying to raise there ratings by only accepting those with AAAAA.
I know some people think its because their trying to raise there ratings by only accepting those with AAAAA.

Yeah well, it is what it is I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 952
Yeah well, it is what it is I guess!Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah and had to get rid of one of the five anyway.
Reply 953
Also a scottish applicant. Also with 4A's and a B. Just read your comments.......don't you think its because Glasgow are being honest and transparent. The rest really are REALLY asking for 5 A's????
Yeah and had to get rid of one of the five anyway.

I guess so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 955
Could anyone tell me what Scottish unis look at SJT and how much??:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 956

Oright :frown:
Reply 957

Thats really unlucky, so many people have just missed out on glasgow i think. Its just to many competition i think so theyve just 'upped' their game.
The B in minimum requirements is like a sort of safety net.
Reply 958
Original post by akjam
Could anyone tell me what Scottish unis look at SJT and how much??:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it matter too much now since applications have been sent away?
Only edinburgh, theyre one of the few in the UK to look at it but ive been told if there are borderline cases between candidates then they will use the SJ
Reply 959
Can someone please help me, I am losing my WAIT FOR it mind >< PS.

Ok, basically I am 17 and wont be turning 18 any time soon. I have extensive work placements but need a well paid job. By well paid, I mean 7 Pounds an hour.

Now, I know I am under the required age and understand that I might not be able to get such a "high paying" job but I have had 6 job offers as a Charity Fundraisers and as soon as I tell them my age they say that it is against their company rules as I will be dealing with debit/credit cards,etc, etc.

What should I do , I need a job as I stated in my PS that I am going to work. PS, I am applying for medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending