Scroll to see replies

do you respect Chairman Mao?
:grin:
Reply 2
Original post by Chairman Mao
do you respect Chairman Mao?
:grin:

Hi Chairman Mao ......

I dont really know whether respect or not. Actually, elderly people (for those who r above 65 maybe) do honor him. Young people as us, dont really care about it any more. For me, he was just a dead man in history
Reply 3
do chinese girls like white guys? :perv:
Reply 4
Original post by Bassetts

we like handsome guys :smile:):cool:

But if you come across gold diggers, they like white guys quite a lot.
Original post by evazhao

What about black and asain guys?

My mate who was colored went to china a few years ago and he told me he got stared at a lot and people wanted to take photos of him....perhaps to sell? :rofl:
Reply 6

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
What about black and asain guys?

My mate who was colored went to china a few years ago and he told me he got stared at a lot and people wanted to take photos of him....perhaps to sell? :rofl:

I know I should be honest, so I would say it in an honest way.

stereotype thinking: white guys are popular in asian girls. I would probably say yes, this kind of thinking has its facts basis.
Actually most of Chinese parents don't like their daughters bring home a black man, because in China, we do take our parents opinions in to consideration,it is culture.
however young girls (should be well educated of course) give themselves more choices now, a friend of mine has a black boyfriend and they met in university in China.

I guess your friend is quite fun and people just too curious about him, it is cool to have a picture with a different colored person in China, haaaa!
But I lived in Canton, where there are lots lots of colored people, they are doing trading business there
Reply 7
Is the food served in Chinese buffets here the same as actual Chinese food? I heard it isn't haha
Egg friii riii ?
Reply 9
Original post by evazhao
I know I should be honest, so I would say it in an honest way.

stereotype thinking: white guys are popular in asian girls. I would probably say yes, this kind of thinking has its facts basis.
Actually most of Chinese parents don't like their daughters bring home a black man, because in China, we do take our parents opinions in to consideration,it is culture.
however young girls (should be well educated of course) give themselves more choices now, a friend of mine has a black boyfriend and they met in university in China.

I guess your friend is quite fun and people just too curious about him, it is cool to have a picture with a different colored person in China, haaaa!
But I lived in Canton, where there are lots lots of colored people, they are doing trading business there
this is what i like to hear :perv:

Original post by awaisraza
Egg friii riii ?
they give you too much egg fried rice at chinese restaurants :unimpressed: i left a chinese restaurant once looking like i was pregnant with the amount of rice i ate :blush:
Reply 10
Original post by Ndella
Is the food served in Chinese buffets here the same as actual Chinese food? I heard it isn't haha

Entirely different!!! I tried a Chinese restaurant in UK, and it tastes sooo bad, everything is messed up with jelly-like sauce.

If you get chance to visit China, you will amazed by actual food we eat :smile::tong:
Reply 11
Original post by evazhao

I don't think that's true, not all white guys are rich, and it's demeaning to their relationship with you saying things like that where there might actually be (low and behold) a thing called Love.
Hey I was born in hong kong, one thing I did not understand was in kinder garden they made me wear white shoes one day and black the other why is that?
Reply 13

they give you too much egg fried rice at chinese restaurants :unimpressed: i left a chinese restaurant once looking like i was pregnant with the amount of rice i ate :blush:

Again, I don't agree with you saying such a stereotyped statement. I have a female friend who is british born but her hertiage is from the island of taiwan and her parents would rather she married an guy from an east asian background.

You see you're stereotyping yourself which is a disservice to the truth, you don't actually know that this opinion is representative of all the people from your country, because you're not telepathic and you've not conducted a nation wide survey.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Is the government as oppressive as the western media makes it out to be?

I prefer chicken chowmein
Reply 16
Original post by awaisraza
Egg friii riii ?

there is a sarcasm in Chinese: 炒饭是剩饭的天堂。
which translate literately: fried rice is the heaven for leftover rice.
not for restaurant, but at home, when we have some leftover rice which is either too unsavory to reheat/ too waste to throw away, we make it into fried rice.

but i think restaurants have to use fresh rice to make fried rice, otherwise, how much leftover rice they should have.......
Firstly, I thank you for allowing us to ask any questions about anything China/Chinese!

Ok, I have got loads of questions so bear with me!

First one, how many Chinese characters do you know? And what's the number(Chinese characters) you're supposed to remember?
(edited 10 years ago)
Do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese? Can you speak both?
Reply 19
I'm learning to speak Mandarin! How long would you expect it to take to be able to speak it well in conversation with someone who was fluent in it? I have given myself a 5 year goal to try and become as fluent as I can (currently 2 months in)

Latest

Trending

Trending