The Student Room Group

Your favourite accent, that makes your knees go weak..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c_k62
I'm from South Shields and just love accents of local men 😍 kind of a not too strong Geordie? But you can still tell! It's comforting and homely :smile:

I'm from South Shields too although I don't think I have an accent lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Scottish, welsh and Italian, but I find english accents really unattractive.
Reply 82
Original post by MrEFeynman
So ladies and gentlemen, which accent turns your knees to jelly?

For me it has to be a female with an Irish accent.

Brownie points for you, im from n.ireland!:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Italian :love: or French
Old Etonian, Oxbridge-educated accent.

Or an Urquhartian Scotch accent.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 85
Accents from the South of England. It's clear and refined. Scottish and Irish as well.
Scottish and South African and Australian: don't know why, I just love them.
Cute guy with Welsh accent. But I do like an Irish accent or a scottish one. When David Tennant or John Barrowman start with their scottish accents, it's hot :smile: Gareth David-Lloyd and his welsh accent :smile:
Scottish. :wink:
Reply 89
Australian , Irish and anyone from the North lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Scottish.. though the soft kind of scottish accent. Think of the guy off the 'visit scotland' adverts, or billy boyd. mmm (:

Genuinely think it's the only reason I love the film Braveheart so much aha
Irish!

Makes me wish I lived somewhere else other than the UK growing up :frown:
Reply 92
Mon over :wink: we love newbies haha
Original post by Sanddancerlass

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be just because you're too used to hearing your own accent. If you chatted with some people (in real life, of course, not on TSR) from places far from South Shields, you would probably be able to better judge what your accent sounds like.
Reply 94
Original post by Sanddancerlass

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never used to think I had an accent until I was on holiday a few years ago and met someone from Nottingham who said "oh, so you're from Newcastle?".. I was so shocked he knew because I really didn't think I had an accent!
Reply 95
Original post by c_k62
I never used to think I had an accent until I was on holiday a few years ago and met someone from Nottingham who said "oh, so you're from Newcastle?".. I was so shocked he knew because I really didn't think I had an accent!

This happened to me in London, they couldn't understand me apparently my scottish accent is too strong :/
Alabama and Irish accent for me:coma:
Western Irish.
Original post by xcartoonheart
Scottish and South African and Australian: don't know why, I just love them.

I am with you on the South African accent, I love it!
Reply 99
Original post by FreyaCat
This happened to me in London, they couldn't understand me apparently my scottish accent is too strong :/

Too strong?! Wow, I wouldn't even know what to say to that! I've noticed people not understanding northern accents like ours when they're used to southern accents.. I love northern accents :frown: they're calming! :wink: I think as well, we'll always understand southern accents with them always being the ones on TV, never us little forgotten northerners.. even on BBC North East they have the presenters speaking Queen's English... I mean haway!

Quick Reply

Latest