The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Has anybody reached 5 weeks since his/her's 5 week e-mail has been sent? I'm up to 4 weeks and 1 day.. admittedly it's not been healthy of me to constantly check my e-mails..
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1141
Guys today is my 2 weeks deadline and they still haven't got back to me yet. This is not good :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1142
I was informed that if we get a 5 week email, we will have decisions on our outcome by the end of those 5 weeks.
Original post by CD315
I was informed that if we get a 5 week email, we will have decisions on our outcome by the end of those 5 weeks.

That is VERY exciting, Less than a week to go for me now.
Original post by CD315

Hey, thanks for the information - where did you hear this?

From what I understand from this process, most of us will hear at the end of this 5 week period, but there's also a relatively high chance we'll be held in a pool with other applicants in order for them to make a more informed decision (as they're still receiving applications)
Reply 1145
Original post by PierreIsNotMyName
That is VERY exciting, Less than a week to go for me now.

Original post by QuestionsQ
Hey, thanks for the information - where did you hear this?

From what I understand from this process, most of us will hear at the end of this 5 week period, but there's also a relatively high chance we'll be held in a pool with other applicants in order for them to make a more informed decision (as they're still receiving applications)

I may or may not have called admissions..

From what I understand, we'll not have to wait any longer than the 5 week period.
Original post by ErHi?
Not too sure which department handles your application, it might be the economic history one?

However, I applied for Economic History as a single honours and I am currently 1 week and a day into the 5 week process and my predicted grades are A*AA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it's in the economic history department. That's nice, I've achieved A*A*A :smile:

Finger crossed !! best of luck for you

Studio :smile:
Original post by CD315

From what I understand, we'll not have to wait any longer than the 5 week period.

This makes sense. Although I was told the decision would take a maximum of 12 weeks... I can't really see why they would keep us waiting any longer than 5 weeks. What other email could they send after that? Currently got 4 weeks left of waiting... Eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1148
Original post by StudioBagel
Indeed it's in the economic history department. That's nice, I've achieved A*A*A :smile:

Finger crossed !! best of luck for you

Studio :smile:

Woah haha, those are excellent grades :wink: surprised you haven't already got an offer with those attained grades because you far exceed the entry requirements :smile:

Same to you, LSE and the Econ History course is phenomenal so I really hope we get places! :biggrin:
Reply 1149
Original post by gracelich
This makes sense. Although I was told the decision would take a maximum of 12 weeks... I can't really see why they would keep us waiting any longer than 5 weeks. What other email could they send after that? Currently got 4 weeks left of waiting... Eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beats waiting until March like I did last year.

3 weeks for me!
Original post by CD315

Ahaha, I'm glad someone did - I think we all appreciate it! I'm suddenly a lot more nervous.

Ahhhh.
Reply 1151
Original post by thinkthings
Haha. Scary and exciting stuff. I really hope this is true. I would feel so let down if they decide to extend the 5 weeks or start placing borderline applicants in the gathered field.

Does anyone else's 5 week period end on the 29th of November?

28th for me.
Original post by CD315
Beats waiting until March like I did last year.

3 weeks for me!

Wow!! Couldn't imagine waiting that long...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
28th for me.

14th for me :O
Original post by thinkthings
Haha. Scary and exciting stuff. I really hope this is true. I would feel so let down if they decide to extend the 5 weeks or start placing borderline applicants in the gathered field.

Does anyone else's 5 week period end on the 29th of November?

Yep! I'm so nervous!
Reply 1155
My 2 weeks one 'expires' today and no email from them ...
Reply 1156
Original post by lisa96
Same! What have you applied for?

Applied for Management, still haven't got the 5 weeks email yet. I fear rejection D:
rejected for math and econ :frown:
3 weeks into the 5 week email
apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants
i had 4A* predictions too

gutted :frown: worst day ever
Original post by greenbeast
apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants

Oh man... This is disconcerting. So worried now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1159
Original post by greenbeast

I am so sorry mate! Did they say it was down to your personal statement? May I ask what you got for AS? Where else did you apply? I am sure you will end up at an amazing uni, I mean apart from LSE there are other nice places such as UCL/Warwick/Oxbridge!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending