The Student Room Group

Extra Curricular Activities

Hello everyone!
I am starting A Levels next year, and i was doing some research about what subjects to take. Through my research, i have found that many universities value extra curricular activities.
Now i want to do a law degree, therefore i would love any advice on any extra curricular activities i could do to impress universities (e.g. LSE, UCL etc.)
I already do cadets at my school, i have been in some sports teams, and i have done part of the Cabbridge Latin course at school (i wasnt able to complete it as this is an after school, optional class, an my teacher said their has to be a minimum of 5 students attending the class for him to carry them on otherwise there isnt much point in doing these classes. Sadly though, there were only 3 studnets-including me-so my teacher canceled the course. Will universities care whether i have completed the course and will i still get recognition for it if i dont complete it?)
Also, what other stuff do you guys recommend i do? (please dont say DoE cos i have unfortunately missed that opportunity to do DoE!)
Thanks
You know you can still do DofE. Speak to your cadets. You have until your 25th birthday to complete any of them. It's possible to jump straight to Gold. Other than that, I would say you are already better than some, if not most! Your cadets will be well valued, I'm sure. You may want to investigate if your school/college have a debating team - that will look good when applying for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Cynical_Smile01
You know you can still do DofE. Speak to your cadets. You have until your 25th birthday to complete any of them. It's possible to jump straight to Gold. Other than that, I would say you are already better than some, if not most! Your cadets will be well valued, I'm sure. You may want to investigate if your school/college have a debating team - that will look good when applying for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.
So will I be able to complete the entire thing then if I do gold only? Also, if I don't do DoE will I still be in a good position extra curricular wise?
I think I'll get the chance to debating in sixth form (according to my school teachers)
One more thing, I am choosing A Levels soon, and I am wondering whether this is a good subject combination for a law degree at a top uni (e.g. UCL etc.)
I am thinking of choosing:
English literature
History
Government & Politics
Chemistry
Do you think this is a good subject combination? Or do you think I should replace any subjects
Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest