The Student Room Group

Module Choices for AS Further Maths (Additional) and Self Studying

I am planning to self study 3 extra modules for an AS in Further Maths (Additional) and wanted some suggestions for 3 extra modules. I am currently doing C1-C4, FP1-FP3, M1-M2, S1-S2 and D1. I am planning self study for M3, M4 and S3/D2. Can you please tell me if these help make an A-level in Maths, Further Maths and an AS in Further Additional.Secondly can you tell me if I should do D2 or S3?Finally can I know how hard is self studying for these modules and how much time would I need to spend on them? :confused:
Reply 1
The exam board in Edexcel!
your confused let me explain his to you

if you want an a level in maths and AS futhermaths you must do c1-c4 fp1, and you have to choose 4 from the following S1,S2,M1,M2,D1,D2

AL Of THIS MEANS YOU HAVE as FUTHERMAHTS AND a level maths

okay if you want to do a level maths and a level futhermaths (which includes as futhermaths) you must do
c1-c4 fp1,fp2 and you pic 6 of the following, S1,S2,S3,S4,M1,M2,M3,M4,D1,D2

so bacailly do get an a level maths and an alevel futhermaths you have to 12 modules in 2 years but must which have c1-c4 and fp1.fp2

and if u want a level maths and as futhermaths you must do 9 modules over 2 years which must contain c1-c4 and fp1 and 4 other modules of you choosing
Reply 3
I am doing an A - level maths and A - level Further maths with 12 modules in 2 years. With C1,C2, C3, FP1, M1 and S1 in year 12 followed by C4, FP2, FP3, S2, M2 and D1 in year 13.

I wanted to know about the further maths (additional) qualification.
Original post by ashakil
I am doing an A - level maths and A - level Further maths with 12 modules in 2 years. With C1,C2, C3, FP1, M1 and S1 in year 12 followed by C4, FP2, FP3, S2, M2 and D1 in year 13.

I wanted to know about the further maths (additional) qualification.

You're doing the exact modules as I am doing.

OP if you want to do an AS in AFM, with your current modules above being for Maths and FM, then you need to do 3 from the following: S3 S4 S5 M3 M4 M5 D2

Actually not sure if there is an S5 but, but anyway 3 from the above.
Reply 5
Original post by REASON_Lighters
You're doing the exact modules as I am doing.

OP if you want to do an AS in AFM, with your current modules above being for Maths and FM, then you need to do 3 from the following: S3 S4 S5 M3 M4 M5 D2

Actually not sure if there is an S5 but, but anyway 3 from the above.

I am planning to do M3 and M4 but am not sure about the third one?
Which one do you suggest S3, D2 or M5?
Reply 6
Did anyone here self study any of these modules and have any advice on which ones to take!
Original post by ashakil
I am planning to do M3 and M4 but am not sure about the third one?
Which one do you suggest S3, D2 or M5?

I dont know as I havent looked at those modules...

This is what I would do...

If you want to go into engineering do M3 M4 M5
If you want to go into actuary/ finance do S3 S4
If you want to go easy do D2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending