The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan Social Work 2014

Has anybody applied for Social Work for 2014? Anybody been accepted?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi
I have applied ad had the standard email o say they've received he application but havent heard anything more as yet. although its only been 2 weeks since I applied
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Ive applied and had an email to say they will be in touch, ive got an interview date for another uni so hopefully will hear back from others soon!
Reply 3
I've had my interview and was successful (conditional). Hope you hear back soon.
Reply 4
my tutor at college told me today uclan had emailed her asking for my predicted grades so I think they might be looking at mine .....im so nervous lol
Reply 5
Original post by Chanois79
I've had my interview and was successful (conditional). Hope you hear back soon.

congratulations on your offer x
Reply 6
Fingers crossed for you then. Let us know how you get on. X

Was your interview difficult? I have my interview day on 8th January, really nervous :frown: x
Reply 8
Original post by leahlu
congratulations on your offer x

thanks social policy is the back up plan just in case I don't get an offer for the social work degree x
Reply 9
Original post by Lthompson773
Was your interview difficult? I have my interview day on 8th January, really nervous :frown: x

Hi, hi, sorry late reply. It is fairly relaxed. 45 mins for written test. Then an informal presentation from tutors then a 20 min interview. Just look at stuff they have sent. They are not trying to trip you up. Basically if you've looked into what has been sent you'll be fine. Good luck. X
Hi, hi, sorry late reply. It is fairly relaxed. 45 mins for written test. Then an informal presentation from tutors then a 20 min interview. Just look at stuff they have sent. They are not trying to trip you up. Basically if you've looked into what has been sent you'll be fine. Good luck. X

Ah okay, hopefully it'll go well then. Thank you :smile: x
Reply 11
Hello, I had an interview in December and was offered a conditional offer so I should hopefully be there in September! Is it anyone else's first choice? X
Reply 12
Hey I've applied this year got my interview next month really nervous hope it goes well ! X
Reply 13
Has anybody applied for Social Work for 2014? Anybody been accepted?

Hey how did you all get on? Did the interview go ok? I've got mine next week! Very nervous...really want this. Any tips/advice much appreciated :wink:
Reply 14
Good luck for your interview this week, nscott23!

I've applied for Social Work at Uclan and Edge Hill. Uclan has asked me for all my documents (previous learning stuffs), so I'm taking that as a good sign. I've heard nothing from Edge Hill yet. Fingers crossed :eek2:
Reply 15
Original post by nohinsara
Good luck for your interview this week, nscott23!

I've applied for Social Work at Uclan and Edge Hill. Uclan has asked me for all my documents (previous learning stuffs), so I'm taking that as a good sign. I've heard nothing from Edge Hill yet. Fingers crossed :eek2:

Thanks :smile: i'm extremely nervous right now! Uclan never asked me for documents they just sent out an invite to interview. Uclan is the one I really really want, I've received an offer already from Bradford but its not very convenient.
Reply 16
Original post by nscott23
Thanks :smile: i'm extremely nervous right now! Uclan never asked me for documents they just sent out an invite to interview. Uclan is the one I really really want, I've received an offer already from Bradford but its not very convenient.

I think I am a bit of a different case, as I've been living in Germany and Canada before coming here, hence impending bureaucracy.

Have you been to an applicant's day? I've not yet been up there, myself. What about Uclan makes it your first choice? Did you attend interview at Bradford? Hope you get your offer from Uclan really really soon, honey! Keep us posted :smile:
Reply 17
I attended an open day 2 weeks ago. It was very good. Tutors put everyone at ease. We had taster sessions on different areas such as placement info and children and family info. I have decided on Uclan Burnley as it is closer to home and smaller class sizes, I'm hoping this will be to my benefit. I'm very much looking forward to September.
Reply 18
I attended an open day 2 weeks ago. It was very good. Tutors put everyone at ease. We had taster sessions on different areas such as placement info and children and family info. I have decided on Uclan Burnley as it is closer to home and smaller class sizes, I'm hoping this will be to my benefit. I'm very much looking forward to September.

Sounds great! Smaller class sizes are a definite plus. I hope I get a chance to check out the campus and programme leaders etc. soon. Good luck in your studies, Chanois, I bet you're so excited to get through this summer :wink:
Reply 19

I did it!! Got offered a place :smile: Yay I too will be studying at Burnley!! Shall see you September!!

Are you local?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending