The Student Room Group

Does the weather affect your feelings?

Do you want the sun back?
I feel so sad when there's a lack of sunlight, so I certainly want the sun and the warm weather back. :unimpressed:

Scroll to see replies

It does me. Cold weather makes me really sad and makes me lack motivation. I just want to curl up into a ball and be cuddled. I swear I suffer from SAD
Reply 2
Original post by super_kawaii
It does me. Cold weather makes me really sad and makes me lack motivation. I just want to curl up into a ball and be cuddled. I swear I suffer from SAD

Same. :frown:
Damn you mother nature.
Original post by SoftPunch
Same. :frown:
Damn you mother nature.

Thankfully I have my boyfriend to cuddle, although he can only cuddle me to sleep one night a week as he's so busy with his dissertation :frown:
Yeah the cold and dark weather makes me lazy and depressed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Definitely makes me apathetic. I have stayed in my room all week as I have plenty of food and work to do. I went out briefly to do some laundry yesterday and the cold and wind drove me back in again. I get very little done in the winter.
Reply 6
Thankfully I have my boyfriend to cuddle, although he can only cuddle me to sleep one night a week as he's so busy with his dissertation :frown:

Well, I am single and independent proud 'woman'; I am unhappy, but that's because of the weather only. :frown:
Well, I am single and independent proud 'woman'; I am unhappy, but that's because of the weather only. :frown:

I am happy in my relationship, I just wish I could see him more. I'm really homesick as well, seeing as I'm on the other side of the world from home, which doesn't particularly help
Reply 8
Walking home in the dark makes me feel like I'm going to be stabbed. I love cold weather though, means I get to wear really comfortable heavy jumpers and scarves all the time
Reply 9
Coincidentally, I was actually feeling a bit sad right now and saw this thread on the homepage lol. I just want summer already...
Reply 10
cold weather is poo. but nah doesn't affect my moods.
Reply 11
I am happy in my relationship, I just wish I could see him more. I'm really homesick as well, seeing as I'm on the other side of the world from home, which doesn't particularly help

Can I ask where's home?
Can I ask where's home?

UK. Uni home's Sheffield, home home's in the south east
Reply 13
i don't let anything as trivial and uncontrollable as the whether dictate my mood.

get a grip
Reply 14
Sunny today in London... :biggrin:

Could definitely do with more of it though. Also, longer days back! No point in having any sun at all if I spend the entire day working & unable to see it.
Reply 15
I loveeeeee winter weather. When it gets dark early and it's all overcast and grey it just makes me feel all cozy. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by VDW
i don't let anything as trivial and uncontrollable as the whether dictate my mood.

get a grip

:bootyshake: :reddy:

Original post by seaholme
Sunny today in London... :biggrin:

Could definitely do with more of it though. Also, longer days back! No point in having any sun at all if I spend the entire day working & unable to see it.

It was sunny where I am too :h: but sun kept coming in and out - and yes longer days :biggrin:
Yeah, it varies though! Sometimes the sun makes me feel down. I always feel happy when it's snowy, though!
Reply 18
My moods are dependant on weather :facepalm: When it's sunny outside, I could climb mountains and have so much energy :gah: When it's raining, I can't even get out of bed and just want to cry all day long :cry2:
Reply 19
Weather makes a HUGE difference!!

When I go abroad to a hot country I come back with skin glowing, hair shining - and just feeling happy and fresh.

Even the short summer here in England - I find it puts a leap into my step. I wake up for work feeling happy, and excited for the day - but in the winter with the cold and dark mornings ( and by the time I leave work - also dark) I struggle to jump out of bed at 6am.

Gotta love me some sunshine.

Quick Reply

Latest