The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
I got rejected with 660 tariffs and 682.5 UKCAT
Original post by nhta112

Oh no!!! :frown: that's horrible. Are you a graduate/international/both applicant? I am expecting one to come and I'd rather have it now than having to wait until after the break. :frown:
Original post by nhta112

I feel really sorry what were your predictions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, new to this thread, just to ask:
has ANYONE applying for the A101 Graduate course heard back from Barts yet with interview offers?
I haven't and I am wondering if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Thanks

(UKCAT: 777.5)
Original post by njclarke1
has ANYONE applying for the A101 Graduate course heard back from Barts yet with interview offers?

Apparently they haven't! I'm a grad but applied to the standard A100 course.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2046159&page=142
We don't have a heavy population of GEM applicants stalking this thread. :P Try that one ^
Reply 1485

Well a couple grads have been rejected though their UKCATs were lower than yours, no news is good news for the time being. I'm sure you'll hear something soon, they can't put it off forever :smile:
Original post by PG593
Well a couple grads have been rejected though their UKCATs were lower than yours, no news is good news for the time being. I'm sure you'll hear something soon, they can't put it off forever :smile:

Thanks for the positivity PG :smile:, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I applied to Warwick too and they share a selection centre.
I was told that if you apply for both and both want an interview you will have one selection centre and both with receive a 'score'.
Don't know if anyone else is in the same situation, but with Warwick's selection delayed I was just wondering. Hmmmmm..
Reply 1487
Thanks for the positivity PG :smile:, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I applied to Warwick too and they share a selection centre.
I was told that if you apply for both and both want an interview you will have one selection centre and both with receive a 'score'.
Don't know if anyone else is in the same situation, but with Warwick's selection delayed I was just wondering. Hmmmmm..

Hmm I honestly wish I knew mate but I don't think it's worth speculating, with a score like yours I would sleep soundly to be honest that's all I can say :biggrin: Perhaps if you check out the Warwick thread there's bound to be a graduate in a similar boat to yours.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheBarberShop
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW :biggrin:
Irish applicant,

UKCAT :700
UCAS TARIFF: 585 (I think)

Couldn't be happier!

That's great news! what subjects are you doing? (irish here too)
Original post by nailbiter
That's great news! what subjects are you doing? (irish here too)

I'm on a gap year, but i did English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry and Economics! Got 5 A1s, a B1 and a B2.
Have you heard back yet?
It'd be great if there were more Irish!!
Reply 1490
Original post by psmalhotra
got rejected… international applicant as well

UKCAT: 770
UCAS tariff: 680- A*A*A*A*A (Pure Maths, Chem, Physics, Economcs, Bio)- Achieved

anyone have any advice/reasoning?

can't believe it, I mean, those grades shd bring u anywhere.....u'll surely end up in a gd university, maybe even better than Barts :smile:

seriously I don't know what they want..:frown: I regard Barts as one of my safe choices, but they seem to be harsh this year :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can't understand how i got an interview with lower stats that some people getting rejected :/ i feel guilty!!
Reply 1492
those with an interview, did you get an article to prepare for?idk how to get going!Help pls someone!!
Something has changed on my ucas. i cant login. i reset the password but i didnt receive any mail. i rang them up but closed till monday.wat shud i do? does any1 know if sheff/st andrews sen dout intervws via ucas? i am afraid its a rejection frm barts.. 640 tariff and 680 ukcat. wats wrng wid barts?
I'm on a gap year, but i did English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry and Economics! Got 5 A1s, a B1 and a B2.
Have you heard back yet?
It'd be great if there were more Irish!!

yeah it sure would be! but not yet anyways...im just hoping that the fact I haven't at least been rejected means something :s-smilie:
i can't understand how i got an interview with lower stats that some people getting rejected :/ i feel guilty!!

Don't be! When the admissions tutors looked at your application they must have seen something they liked and wanted to find out more about you. Those who may have been rejected are still brilliant applicants and will succeed in medicine wherever they go.
It's just that this time they didn't quite get to interviews. It happens. Part of it is down to luck in my humble opinion.

Just be proud of the achievement and try your best to go even further! :smile:
Can anyone let me know what was the cut off for ukcat scores for 2014 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1497
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kcl2009
Well, your name is anxious owl, so it's a bit self explanatory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, sometimes I feel like I should've called myself Coolio McAwesomeSauce just to instil some confidence and swag into myself (yes that is a cool name don't judge). :biggrin:

Yup, I've finally lost it.

Btw, what inspired potassium chloride 2009?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1499
Original post by Anxious Owl
I know right, sometimes I feel like I should've called myself Coolio McAwesomeSauce just to instil some confidence and swag into myself (yes that is a cool name don't judge). :biggrin:

Yup, I've finally lost it.

Btw, what inspired potassium chloride 2009?

Lol, it's supposed to be KCL as in Kings College London

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending