The Student Room Group

Anyone else got a crippling amount of work to do over Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have three exams to revise for and a huge piece of programming coursework. :frown:
Reply 41
I have actually done so little work that there is no number in Western numbering systems capable of expressing it.

It is believed that Native Americans have a method of expressing it: KwEE-ChicA. Which is roughly translated a single strand of a single feather in a sky full of birds.
Reply 42
I don't have any exam however i have an assignment to do and Lectures to review :frown: So much to do in no time and i'm sitting on TSR !!!!!
Reply 43
It's been crippling since the start of the semester. I've got a large assignment to render a moving solar system written in C and I can't do maths at all, and I've got my final year programming project which I'm behind on and exams on internet security and digital forensics to revise for. I'm procrastinating right now D=
Reply 44
Ive got about 7 pieces of coursework to do and there all really long reports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Never mind Christmas, i've just been looking at my semester 2 modules and i have 8,500 words just from 2 modules. Once the other two are uploaded who knows what i'll have.

Doesn't sound too bad, I wrote 7000 words just for one module this semester just gone and 13,000 altogether.
Reply 46
Original post by jelly1000
Doesn't sound too bad, I wrote 7000 words just for one module this semester just gone and 13,000 altogether.

I had 4,750 last semester so it's probable the years just back loaded in terms of essays. Still a lot considering third year will require a dissertation as well.
Original post by BlossomS
Are you a ChemEng student? You're scaring me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This has scared me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by x-Sophie-x
This has scared me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sorta comes with the package, I guess, it is a very hard and respected degree :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Clip
I have actually done so little work that there is no number in Western numbering systems capable of expressing it.

It is believed that Native Americans have a method of expressing it: KwEE-ChicA. Which is roughly translated a single strand of a single feather in a sky full of birds.

Infinitisemal is the word youre looking for, i believe
Teaching myself half my classical civilization course as our teacher is new and has taught us the wrong stuff, and only realised just before xmas. I genuinely feel like lying in a ditch and crying
Reply 51
Word counts are no big deal. People on here can reel off 1000 words on their emotions after being de-friended without breaking sweat.
Yes, I have an essay to write and a section of my dissertation to do, both need to be read for first so it's going to take some time. Not a break at all. :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Original post by HibbsicleBean19
I have 5 pieces of coursework all either 2000, 2500 or 3000 words and revision for a January exam... yeah, relaxing is kinda out of the question!!

Well i'm guessing History, English and possibly the Extended Project ?

I have 2 pieces of coursework to do then revision for 3 Jan exams, i'm spending more time on the coursework. Its not all bad at least I have more control of my grade with coursework so its not all bad
Reply 54
Not an excessive amount, but it's going to take a while. 4,000 project to write, which isn't too bad but we need to meet up as a group to analyse our results and get all the information together because writing it up separately, so I can't do some of it until after Christmas...so first few weeks of January will be fun.

And then I need to sort out dissertation research ideas and Independent Study ideas.
Reply 55
I'm in my A2 year and yes...
An entire EPQ to do, English coursework, Philosophy essay with 2 books to read, endless History booklets... and a huge map of Russia which I have to colour in. ​The **** is this? Geography?
Reply 56
Got 1 lab report to do and revision for 3 modules on top of 3 days volunteering. It didn't help that I had a fever last week which meant I lost 3 days :frown:
Two essays which require extensive reading :sad:

Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Yes I've been back a whole week and all I've managed to do is unpack:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even managed to do that :lol:
Original post by Clip
Word counts are no big deal. People on here can reel off 1000 words on their emotions after being de-friended without breaking sweat.

I went over by an excess of 3,000 words in one of my essays. I haven't a clue what I wrote - I barely understood the assignment and I was in a fugue state by the 2,000th word. I thought the only alternative was to waffle till the cows comes home (I looked like Tyrone Biggums when I finally handed the work in). It worked as I managed to scrape a first :pierre:, thanks Google.
Yep :frown: It sucks...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending