The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by franngu
I've got higher UCAS/UKCAT combos than those who have got interviews and I got rejected. I'm international though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember you from the King's thread! I'm really sorry :/ It's okay though - at least you have 3 other schools!!! :smile:
Oh and - When did you get rejected if you don't mind me asking?

I reckon they probably operate on a highly mysterious letsnottrydecipheringit algorithm like PG593^ said so there's probably no point guessing how they shortlist for interview.
Original post by alicia2908
what was your interview experience like? Did personal statement play a large part of the discussion? Also, what is PBL really like? Anything you don't like about Barts?

The interview was very relaxed. The interviewers were trying to get the best out of you rather than putting you on the spot. I find that PBLs are a great way to learn things. It allows you to go deeper into subjects on your own and you surprise yourself at how much you can understand. Most of the time they're relevant and fit in with the lectures, however I just had one PBL on metabolism which we all agreed was the worst one we've had so far as it wasn't written very well at all. It will get removed though if enough people's feedback on it is negative.

Anything I don't like hmmm well clinical skills could be improved because I think many students find OSCEs daunting but there are societies that tackle this issue and give you more prep time.
Reply 1822
Original post by Cephalosporin
I remember you from the King's thread! I'm really sorry :/ It's okay though - at least you have 3 other schools!!! :smile:
Oh and - When did you get rejected if you don't mind me asking?

I reckon they probably operate on a highly mysterious letsnottrydecipheringit algorithm like PG593^ said so there's probably no point guessing how they shortlist for interview.

Dec 20th. I'm probably living in denial, but I'm still hoping my rejection was a mistake :frown: haven't come to terms with it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview next tuesday. I'm not too worried about it in terms of prepration but it's still quite daunting. I've already had an interview with king's (waiting for a reply) so I already have some experience for this year but my interview felt too relaxed.

I'm worried about if they ask me why I chose barts ,I only chose it because it was the other london that wasn't asking for the BMAT or GAMSAT as I would be only be considered for the grad programme at St george's.

Did anyone get the question why barts?
Hey guys quick question, is it just one interview or are there more? I think it's just one, but I just want to check haha
Got an interview today! EU applicant with 685 ukcat :colondollar:
Original post by AnJuM218
Got an interview next tuesday. I'm not too worried about it in terms of prepration but it's still quite daunting. I've already had an interview with king's (waiting for a reply) so I already have some experience for this year but my interview felt too relaxed.

I'm worried about if they ask me why I chose barts ,I only chose it because it was the other london that wasn't asking for the BMAT or GAMSAT as I would be only be considered for the grad programme at St george's.

Did anyone get the question why barts?

Is this for a100 or the grad programme ... Ps why Bart's?...". just read their website ( cheeky wink) ps may I ascertain what was ur Ukcat ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1827
Original post by Therealjfjfjf
Hey guys quick question, is it just one interview or are there more? I think it's just one, but I just want to check haha

Well it's the one interview but there will be 3 interviewers on the panel. After that, it's either offer or rejection sometime in March. :wink:
Have many non Bart's graduates been offered interviews either for a100 or a101 ??? I am a bit worried now .. I know last year a lot of graduates had an interview near end of January but most had 2 weeks notice ... Really bricking it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Have many non Bart's graduates been offered interviews either for a100 or a101 ??? I am a bit worried now .. I know last year a lot of graduates had an interview near end of January but most had 2 weeks notice ... Really bricking it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can feel your pain mate :P
Hey guys... so you might remember me from before. I got rejected, but now I've been offered an interview (long story), so looks like I'm back on this thread...
Original post by StephenNaulls
Hey guys... so you might remember me from before. I got rejected, but now I've been offered an interview (long story), so looks like I'm back on this thread...

Welcome back buddy, I knew your stats looked to good to be rejected by Barts. Did they miscount some of your UCAS points by any chance?
Reply 1832
Original post by StephenNaulls

Welcome back, gosh never heard a story like that before. Congrats on the interview. :smile:
Is this for a100 or the grad programme ... Ps why Bart's?...". just read their website ( cheeky wink) ps may I ascertain what was ur Ukcat ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess the website would be the best place to start.

It's the A100 programme, I was thinking of doing the A101 but decided otherwise. My UKCAT was 740.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well me and two of my friends are non Barts undergrads they've also had interveiw invites. My other friends got their rejections in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for A101 and haven't heard anything. Doesn't look like many graduates for A101 have heard...

I'm worried about the potential 752 cut off posted a few days ago via an email someone rcvd from them!
Original post by ealexandra
I applied for A101 and haven't heard anything. Doesn't look like many graduates for A101 have heard...

I'm worried about the potential 752 cut off posted a few days ago via an email someone rcvd from them!

Yea I would be really cross if that was the score considering I am 750 ... And knowing my luck it probably will be ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnJuM218
Well me and two of my friends are non Barts undergrads they've also had interveiw invites. My other friends got their rejections in December.

Well best of luck for ur interviews ( I think u have had an outcome at kings ..?? ) yea I am losing the will now Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuparNoob
Welcome back buddy, I knew your stats looked to good to be rejected by Barts. Did they miscount some of your UCAS points by any chance?

Original post by PG593
Welcome back, gosh never heard a story like that before. Congrats on the interview. :smile:

Umm yeah, basically they thought that two of my qualifications were Level 2 rather than Level 3 because I did them at school, so they weren't listed with my AS Levels and things. They said in the email that I have an interview and I'll get an email ten days before it to give me the exact date and time and stuff.

I don't think people with high tariffs should get too excited about this though- they made it clear in the email that this was an isolated event and they'd offered me the interview after scrupulous analysis of the new information I gave them. I'm just hoping that this whole palaver won't disadvantage me in any way :smile:
Well best of luck for ur interviews ( I think u have had an outcome at kings ..?? ) yea I am losing the will now Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well as long as you haven't received a rejection from Barts there's still a chance. I do think the majority of the rejections have been sent out as I saw with my friends so there is still a strong chance.

I haven't heard from King's although it's been nearly 7 weeks since my interview but I don't have a problem with waiting. It still means that there is a chance.

Have you heard back from anywhere else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending