The Student Room Group
Original post by sr90
FA Cup rules entitle the visiting team to 15% of tickets. No team will be offered anywhere close to that amount for a Premier League match.

I'm perfectly aware of that, but I don't really get your point. I can't see why you'd want to point that out as a response to my tongue in cheek comment. Rovers fans probably had a better time than most travelling fans at City this season despite the scoreline, it was just a big day out with nothing to lose.
Original post by sr90
FA Cup rules entitle the visiting team to 15% of tickets. No team will be offered anywhere close to that amount for a Premier League match.

So?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Aaron Mclean signs a two year deal with Bradford city. Let's see if he is a suitable replacement for Mr. Wells ??

30 year old, 9 goals in 77 appearances for Hull?

Good Luck.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mockery
30 year old, 9 goals in 77 appearances for Hull?

Good Luck.

18 goals in 39 exerpiences at Peterborough. League 1 experience
Reply 9864
Hey guys, just putting up a quick reminder that the TSR Football Forum Awards 2013 are up, so don't forget to vote! :smile: Would be nice to have some representation from the lower-league followers, we don't generally have much of that! :biggrin:
Reply 9865
Original post by Midlander
It's on BT Sports. If we really cared about the club finances we wouldn't be cutting over 10,000 off our gate at Northampton so it's hard to see the financial gain-it will just be a hammering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Point taken. Surprised the City-Watford game didn't make TV. Guaranteed goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
Point taken. Surprised the City-Watford game didn't make TV. Guaranteed goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So is Arsenal-Cov. Even in this pathetic state we are somehow a draw to TV :tongue:
Football League Fixtures

Championship
Leeds v Leicester 12:15
Barnsley v Blackpool 15:00
Birmingham v Yeovil 15:00
Bournemouth v Watford 15:00
Burnley v Sheff Wed 15:00
Derby v Brighton 15:00
Doncaster v Wigan 15:00
Middlesbrough v Charlton 15:00
Millwall v Ipswich 15:00
Nottm Forest v Blackburn 15:00
QPR v Huddersfield 15:00
Reading v Bolton 15:00

League One
Bristol City v MK Dons 15:00
Carlisle v Colchester 15:00
Crawley P - P Wolves
Crewe v Leyton Orient 15:00
Gillingham v Swindon 15:00
Peterborough v Tranmere 15:00
Port Vale v Oldham 15:00
Preston v Coventry 15:00
Sheff Utd v Bradford 15:00
Shrewsbury v Rotherham 15:00
Stevenage v Notts County 15:00

League Two
Bury v Burton 15:00
Cheltenham v Accrington 15:00
Exeter v Morecambe 15:00
Fleetwood v Hartlepool 15:00
Newport v Dag & Red 15:00
Portsmouth v Mansfield 15:00
Rochdale v Plymouth 15:00
Scunthorpe v Wimbledon 15:00
Southend v Chesterfield 15:00
Torquay v Northampton 15:00
Wycombe v Oxford Utd 15:00
York v Bristol Rovers 15:00
Original post by brocklehurst95
I wasn't too bothered about the result. What I was bothered about was how we didn't just do a West Ham and let them walk over us (something that I've seen us under Steve Kean do too many times.) It was a refreshing change to see us at least give it a good go.

If it wasn't for those 2 goals just before and after half time it would've been much more exciting and us fans would have made even more noise. The fans were great yesterday and I was proud to be there, no matter what the score was.

On a better note, we have taken the most fans to City than any other club this season and beat them 5-3 on corners!

Yeah I was proud of the team. I think after their third goal we were straight up the other end trying to create something, under kean we would have gone into damage limitation mode, I'd rather lose 5-0 taking the game to the opponent than losing 2-0 with 11 men behind the ball.

I know he was only on for 5mins but I was quite impressed with young conor mahoney. We wasn't afraid to run at kolarov and try a step over before putting in a half decent cross. He then tracked back and hussled for the ball. As i say it was only 5mins but he seemed confident and the big occasion didn't seem to phase him.
What a goal from Bamford to get the win. Moment of brilliance in an otherwise fairly dull game.
7-1 boom.

Just the guy that is my avatar...
Reply 9871
Original post by Midlander
So is Arsenal-Cov. Even in this pathetic state we are somehow a draw to TV :tongue:

More of the David-Goliath battle. The bankrupt club without a home against one of the best teams incthe country. Makes for a hell of a story if you win. :biggrin:
A nice draw away at Burnley today, unfortunately most of the times below us decided they wanted to win today. Alas we're creeping away from relegation still.
Original post by blue n white army
Yeah I was proud of the team. I think after their third goal we were straight up the other end trying to create something, under kean we would have gone into damage limitation mode, I'd rather lose 5-0 taking the game to the opponent than losing 2-0 with 11 men behind the ball.

I know he was only on for 5mins but I was quite impressed with young conor mahoney. We wasn't afraid to run at kolarov and try a step over before putting in a half decent cross. He then tracked back and hussled for the ball. As i say it was only 5mins but he seemed confident and the big occasion didn't seem to phase him.

Yeah, a good day out for me and my friends who I went with (not all were Rovers fans) enjoyed it as well. What was the atmosphere like on telly? It isn't always as good as being there. I was surprised at how little noise the City fans made, it's like they've turned inti a team for tourists.

You can't really tell much from a cameo appearance like that but he didn't do himself any harm by playing without any fear. Beattie (Accy manager whilst Mahoney was there) said that 1st teamers were standing off him in training in case he made them look like a mug haha. Beattie also said he'd have played more if Accy weren't struggling as much as well which is a great compliment to him. The only thing he needs now is a song!
Original post by CraigWM
More of the David-Goliath battle. The bankrupt club without a home against one of the best teams incthe country. Makes for a hell of a story if you win. :biggrin:

We aren't bankrupt and are without a home out of choice rather than eviction...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brocklehurst95
Yeah, a good day out for me and my friends who I went with (not all were Rovers fans) enjoyed it as well. What was the atmosphere like on telly? It isn't always as good as being there. I was surprised at how little noise the City fans made, it's like they've turned inti a team for tourists.

You can't really tell much from a cameo appearance like that but he didn't do himself any harm by playing without any fear. Beattie (Accy manager whilst Mahoney was there) said that 1st teamers were standing off him in training in case he made them look like a mug haha. Beattie also said he'd have played more if Accy weren't struggling as much as well which is a great compliment to him. The only thing he needs now is a song!

Good atmosphere you could hear the blackburn fans a lot more than the city fans. Rovers fans can make some noise though. I went to the riverside to watch boro v rovers trouble is I was in with the boro fans cos i went with my GFs family (who are boro supporters and they were paying). Think we only took around 400 to that game but they pumped out a fair noise, I wanted to join in but thought better of it :P.

I've read that beattie wanted him back on loan but bowyer had him earmarked for the first team. I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a bit more of him towards the end of this season? I'd say it's a bit risky if we're pushing for the playoffs.
Smash and grab win from Leicester today against Leeds. Word on Doncaster though, superb 3-0 win against Wigan. Ask for poor Bolton, getting smashed 7-1 by Reading.
Franck Moussa-take a bow. He has scored a good 3 or 4 goal of the season contenders and today's was exceptional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bert Williams aged 93 ex Wolves and also won 30 caps for England has passed away
A true legend of our club - R.I.P

Latest