The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know if king's and / or durham are still sending out interview invites? ​please and thankyou very much!!
Original post by lilei_xu
does anyone know if king's and / or durham are still sending out interview invites? ​please and thankyou very much!!

Kings are until March/April :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyone doing?

Anyone had interviews/offers?
How much work experience does everyone have? Any advice on getting any/when to get some?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1164
Have any of you heard of anyone get 4 interviews but no offers? :/
Original post by omegaphi

Feel like this will be me... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, someone I know did. He reapplied and got four rejections again, so interviews really can't have been his thing.
Reply 1167
Original post by itsmagic
Feel like this will be me... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that might be me too :/ second time applying as well. I just don't interview well.
I think that might be me too :/ second time applying as well. I just don't interview well.

It's my second time too. Got 2 interviews last year but rejected after both. I think I'm just bad at interviews!
Where have you applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1169
Original post by itsmagic
It's my second time too. Got 2 interviews last year but rejected after both. I think I'm just bad at interviews!
Where have you applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg same! 2 last year 4 this year. This year it's hyms, Manchester, Blfast and Bart's
Reply 1170
I was worrying for no reason! I got an offer!! The hard work finally paid off!!
I was worrying for no reason! I got an offer!! The hard work finally paid off!!

Yayyyyyy! Well done!! Where was it from??
Hey guys!

I have received offers from Birmingham, Cardiff and King's College London. I attended an interview for Nottingham on 10th January and they said they will reply in March.

Now, King's has always been my first choice and so I will be firming it. Nottingham is my second choice so if was to get an offer from there, I would use it as an insurance. Now, I was thinking about withdrawing from Nottingham so I can use Cardiff as my insurance because all of these offers are AAA... However, my teachers told me that Nottingham has been more lenient in the past with grade requirements and so it would be advisable to wait until they get back to me before I reply to my offers.

I am declining Birmingham because it is an A*AA offer, so there would be no point using it as an insurance.

What do you guys think I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1173
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7
Hey guys!

I have received offers from Birmingham, Cardiff and King's College London. I attended an interview for Nottingham on 10th January and they said they will reply in March.

Now, King's has always been my first choice and so I will be firming it. Nottingham is my second choice so if was to get an offer from there, I would use it as an insurance. Now, I was thinking about withdrawing from Nottingham so I can use Cardiff as my insurance because all of these offers are AAA... However, my teachers told me that Nottingham has been more lenient in the past with grade requirements and so it would be advisable to wait until they get back to me before I reply to my offers.

I am declining Birmingham because it is an A*AA offer, so there would be no point using it as an insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Withdraw all your applications and commit a suicide!!! What the .... U have 3 offfers! I would not think abut anything and start partying! Congrats!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1174
Am i the only person that has 3 rejections without interview? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1175
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7
Hey guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would wait until you hear back off Nottingham and then make a decision :smile: If you decide otherwise, I actual withdrew from Nottingham and its a very easy process :smile: Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, aside from interviews/offers/rejections, how is everyone doing on the revision side of things?

What kind of thing are people currently doing? And can any reapplicants who already have their grades offer any advice on how to secure the grades? Thank you, good luck to everybody :smile:
Original post by Sparklecat2
Hey everyone, aside from interviews/offers/rejections, how is everyone doing on the revision side of things?

What kind of thing are people currently doing? And can any reapplicants who already have their grades offer any advice on how to secure the grades? Thank you, good luck to everybody :smile:

As a reapplicant the only advice I can impart is what you've heard already. That is to work as badly as you want your dream of becoming a doctor to come true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sparklecat2

I think the key is to make sure you really understand everything and you aren't just memorising stuff because examiners throw all sorts at you! And if you work it out now, you've got plenty of time to sort out any problems. Also it's not about how much you do, it's about how efficient your revision is, so like there's no point spend hours rewriting notes if that doesn't help you learn, try and find what really works for you and do that! But I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: good luck with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the future for the elderly in the nhs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending