The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Firmers Brackenhurst

Is anybody thinking about nott trent as their firm at Brackenhurst campus? If so what are you studying and what accommodation are you applying for? 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, third year studying at Brack, there are only a few choices at brack, the main halls there are very nice. They are very large and you can go outside and you're in the middle of the country. However not very much happens at brack at all. Some people I know have lived there all 3 years, some moved to the city and some lived in the city from the start.

I spent my first year on Brack campus in halls and although it was OK if you want to have a proper Uni experiance, with clubs, societies, going out and things like that then go and live in the city.

It's a bit of a treck on the bus (40minutes) each way but it's worth it. I moved to city in the second year and never looked back.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I just firmed, BSc Wildlife Conservation :smile: I want to live in brackenhurst hall, I don't realy mind the trek to town for a night out (as long as its a good night) can't wait....I've checked city halls and my only worry was being late ect...40min on a bus early morning is not my cup of tea :/
Reply 3
Original post by Tazzilla1991
I just firmed, BSc Wildlife Conservation :smile: I want to live in brackenhurst hall, I don't realy mind the trek to town for a night out (as long as its a good night) can't wait....I've checked city halls and my only worry was being late ect...40min on a bus early morning is not my cup of tea :/

I'm deffinetly wanting to live in Brackenhurst halls because of doing an equine course and the hours it involves. I can't wait to start now! 😀
Original post by SAL96
I'm deffinetly wanting to live in Brackenhurst halls because of doing an equine course and the hours it involves. I can't wait to start now! 😀

I've never been so excited :smile: I chose Brackenhurst hall because its on suite lol I've been trying to find others that are on brackenhurst so Hi Sal96 your the first :smile: are you booking you accommodation on the 17th feb or 10th march ? Have you received your I'd. Number yet ?
Reply 5
I've never been so excited :smile: I chose Brackenhurst hall because its on suite lol I've been trying to find others that are on brackenhurst so Hi Sal96 your the first :smile: are you booking you accommodation on the 17th feb or 10th march ? Have you received your I'd. Number yet ?

10th march :smile: no I haven't. I haven't made my offer firm yet as I have an interview today elsewhere. Are you going to the offer open day on the 26th of feb?:smile:
Original post by SAL96
10th march :smile: no I haven't. I haven't made my offer firm yet as I have an interview today elsewhere. Are you going to the offer open day on the 26th of feb?:smile:

Ah fair enough :smile: I want to go on the 26th but getting to nottingham is expensive lol but I'm working this week so I should be ok, I was sceptical about applying to a uni I've never been to but everyone says its a great uni :smile:
where else have you applied to? NTU was my only choice...:smile:
Reply 7

Hey I applied for BSc Wildlife Conservation too! got an offer and put it as my firm.
Reply 8
Ah fair enough :smile: I want to go on the 26th but getting to nottingham is expensive lol but I'm working this week so I should be ok, I was sceptical about applying to a uni I've never been to but everyone says its a great uni :smile:
where else have you applied to? NTU was my only choice...:smile:

My course is amazing, and so are the facilities. I've wanted to go for years and was gonna apply with that as my only choice but found two other courses at myerscough college. I really didn't think I'd get an offer from nott, so glad I did!!
Original post by Jamieperry1
Hey I applied for BSc Wildlife Conservation too! got an offer and put it as my firm.

Hi Jamieperry1, so glad I've found someone on my course :smile: what accommodation are you thinking of staying in? Congrats on your offer :smile: is it conditional? Was NTU your first choice :smile:
Original post by SAL96
My course is amazing, and so are the facilities. I've wanted to go for years and was gonna apply with that as my only choice but found two other courses at myerscough college. I really didn't think I'd get an offer from nott, so glad I did!!

Sounds great, I didn't think I'd get in it took 8 weeks for a decision the refresh button on my email was wearing out lol :smile:
Hi Jamieperry1, so glad I've found someone on my course :smile: what accommodation are you thinking of staying in? Congrats on your offer :smile: is it conditional? Was NTU your first choice :smile:

Yeah me too, and so early in the year too! Im pretty certain I will be booking Brackenhurst accommodation. Swaying towards the halls with en-suits. Thankyou! and yes its conditional. NTU was my first choice, though it was quite close between that and the University of Reading. Im glad I firmed NTU though.
Original post by Jamieperry1
Yeah me too, and so early in the year too! Im pretty certain I will be booking Brackenhurst accommodation. Swaying towards the halls with en-suits. Thankyou! and yes its conditional. NTU was my first choice, though it was quite close between that and the University of Reading. Im glad I firmed NTU though.

That sounds great, yeh brackenhurst en-suites are lovely, at college I shared 1 shower and 1 toilet with 12 others and I realy wanted my own space this time, I looked at other unis but I felt NTU offered more of an open course structure, are you going to any of the open days ? I should realy hop up to Nottingham and take a look around I've heard the city is huge :smile:
That sounds great, yeh brackenhurst en-suites are lovely, at college I shared 1 shower and 1 toilet with 12 others and I realy wanted my own space this time, I looked at other unis but I felt NTU offered more of an open course structure, are you going to any of the open days ? I should realy hop up to Nottingham and take a look around I've heard the city is huge :smile:

I know how you feel, I had to do exactly the same thing when I was residential at college! I went to an open day last year and had a good look around the campus; I really liked it. Unfortunately I cant go to another open day this year as I live in Kent, and its just too expensive and time-consuming to drive up to Nottingham. Same! I didnt have a look round Nottingham when I was up there unfortunately.
Original post by Pegasus2
Hey, third year studying at Brack, there are only a few choices at brack, the main halls there are very nice. They are very large and you can go outside and you're in the middle of the country. However not very much happens at brack at all. Some people I know have lived there all 3 years, some moved to the city and some lived in the city from the start.

I spent my first year on Brack campus in halls and although it was OK if you want to have a proper Uni experiance, with clubs, societies, going out and things like that then go and live in the city.

It's a bit of a treck on the bus (40minutes) each way but it's worth it. I moved to city in the second year and never looked back.

Hi Could you answer some questions for my please about studying at Brack :smile: is there a main night for going out in the week, are there many themed nights..if so what sort (costume ideas) ? What sort of things are there for entertainment on the brack campus :smile: any help is much appreciated thanks !
Reply 15
Hi Could you answer some questions for my please about studying at Brack :smile: is there a main night for going out in the week, are there many themed nights..if so what sort (costume ideas) ? What sort of things are there for entertainment on the brack campus :smile: any help is much appreciated thanks !

Hey

Everything socially at Brack revolves around the Brack bar. Yeah, they do themed nights occasionaly where you buy tickets in advance and they have specific events/music different days of the week.

Trent Army is somthing that happens across the uni and will defo happen during your freshers week, so army based fancy dress.

For entertainment there is the bar and that's it. Walking the campus grounds gets boring after the 5th time.

The only societies at Brack are its own men's football, rugby and hockey societies.

To be honest, I din't really fit in with the people at Brack and found my way in the city but I was 23 when I went, so that might have been why.
Hey

Everything socially at Brack revolves around the Brack bar. Yeah, they do themed nights occasionaly where you buy tickets in advance and they have specific events/music different days of the week.

Trent Army is somthing that happens across the uni and will defo happen during your freshers week, so army based fancy dress.

For entertainment there is the bar and that's it. Walking the campus grounds gets boring after the 5th time.

The only societies at Brack are its own men's football, rugby and hockey societies.

To be honest, I din't really fit in with the people at Brack and found my way in the city but I was 23 when I went, so that might have been why.

Thanks for that, ill be 23 when I go although I think I'd rather stay on brack first year just so I'm not rushing round every 2 minutes and ill see about city for second depending on how it goes :smile: I'm not a big. Nigh outer so that sounds great :smile:
Hey

Any suggestions on the best block in the brack hall is? Lol I'm booking my room on the 17th but can't get up to look around :smile:
Reply 18
They're basically all the same. Some (few) have the rooms facing each other rather than on a long corridoor, which is nice since you can doorstop the doors open and it's a bit more social. I'd try and get a south facing room so you get some sunlight in. Some rooms on the east next to the cricket ground have views overlooking fields.

2nd floor rooms are a bit smaller due to the roof intrusion.

There isn't much difference really. You should get to see a plan view when you chose your room.
They're basically all the same. Some (few) have the rooms facing each other rather than on a long corridoor, which is nice since you can doorstop the doors open and it's a bit more social. I'd try and get a south facing room so you get some sunlight in. Some rooms on the east next to the cricket ground have views overlooking fields.

2nd floor rooms are a bit smaller due to the roof intrusion.

There isn't much difference really. You should get to see a plan view when you chose your room.

Thankyou :smile: much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending