The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8280
Original post by IqraHaq
Hey :unimpressed: I'm a great person to be around :tongue: haha jks btw

Huh? :colondollar:

It was meant to be a geeky joke - Rather than have a score "Iqra 0:1 Technology" (Like a football score), I made the score for Technology like binary :cool:
Reply 8281
Original post by zubz91
LOL im sure you are, as i can see your very popular in our society down here. (not being sarcastic btw)

i meant to say lucky supervisor, aap ewain ghussa hojati ho.

Lol am I? :tongue:

Haha main to mazak kar rahi thi :biggrin:
Reply 8282
Original post by Ornlu
Apparently they hold grudges in true brownie style - blood fueds that can stretch across many generations? :laugh:

LOL their feuds are no childplay, when they are your enemy. they will be a true unforgiving and ruthless enemy.

but when they are your freind they truly give justice to the word friend, they will sacrifice their whole family in order to protect you.
Reply 8283
Original post by Ornlu
It was meant to be a geeky joke - Rather than have a score "Iqra 0:1 Technology" (Like a football score), I made the score for Technology like binary :cool:

That's what I thought :tongue:
Reply 8284
Original post by zubz91
LOL their feuds are no childplay, when they are your enemy. they will be a true unforgiving and ruthless enemy.

but when they are your freind they truly give justice to the word friend, they will sacrifice their whole family in order to protect you.

Pashtunwala/Pakhtunwala?
Reply 8285
Original post by Ornlu
Pashtunwala/Pakhtunwala?

lol yh kinda, yu been watching too much lone survivor? lol
Reply 8286
Original post by IqraHaq
Lol am I? :tongue:

Haha main to mazak kar rahi thi :biggrin:

acha mazak nahi hai :mad:
Reply 8287
Original post by zubz91
lol yh kinda, yu been watching too much lone survivor? lol

No, I haven't seen it :tongue: I just read around a lot :biggrin:
Reply 8288
Original post by Ornlu
No, I haven't seen it :tongue: I just read around a lot :biggrin:

lol, yh then you are right, coz i dont know if its called pakhtun wala lol, thank for the info
LISTEN UP.

TELL ME, WHY DID PAKISTAN INVADE BANGLADESH IN 1971 AND MASSACRE 3 MILLION PEOPLE. The biggest atrocity since World War 2.

It left Banagladesh in immense poverty. All the progressives and intellectuals were killed by the Pakistani army, and hundreds of thousands of women were raped. Disgusting acts that the Pakistani government have never apologised for.

Pakistan tried to impose Urdu on Bangladesh, when we had our own language, Bengali, in the name of Islam. The hypocrisy of this is unfathomable. India came in and helped us. No one else.

JOI BANGLA, AMAR SHUNAR BANGLA.
Reply 8290
Loooool while we're at it let's bring Kashmir into this aswell??

:rofl:
Original post by Aurangzeb
LISTEN UP.

TELL ME, WHY DID PAKISTAN INVADE BANGLADESH IN 1971 AND MASSACRE 3 MILLION PEOPLE. The biggest atrocity since World War 2.

It left Banagladesh in immense poverty. All the progressives and intellectuals were killed by the Pakistani army, and hundreds of thousands of women were raped. Disgusting acts that the Pakistani government have never apologised for.

Pakistan tried to impose Urdu on Bangladesh, when we had our own language, Bengali, in the name of Islam. The hypocrisy of this is unfathomable. India came in and helped us. No one else.

Ora tomar kothaa bujbanaa (I hope u understand)
Reply 8292
LISTEN UP.

i doubt any of us were born or old enough to be in a position to tell you i suggest you phone the pakistani government :smile:

also I'm sure there were many many many worse things that have happened since ww2

alternatively try reading a history book on that …invasion it may help shed light .
Original post by Padwas
i doubt any of us were born or old enough to be in a position to tell you i suggest you phone the pakistani government :smile:

also I'm sure there were many many many worse things that have happened since ww2

alternatively try reading a history book on that …invasion it may help shed light .

HOW DARE YOU. NAME ONE EVENT WHICH HAS CAUSED MORE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. SHAME ON YOU . GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF.

JOI BANGLA
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Padwas
there were terrible atrocities committed in many wars since ww2 calm down .
e.g Vietnam , Afghanistan , cold war , all used different , shocking form of death .
here i will link a battle so gruesome it was removed from history

The Hama massacre occurred in February 1982, when the Syrian Army bombarded the town of Hama in order to quell a revolt by the Muslim Brotherhood. An estimated 7,000 to 40,000 people were killed, including about 1,000 soldiers, and large parts of the old city were destroyed. The attack has been described as possibly being "the single deadliest act by any Arab government against its own people in the modern Middle East".
Even Saddam couldent belive it.

Western countries denounced the attack as a breach of human rights and a massacre, and the Hama massacre is often raised in indictment of the Assad regime's poor human rights record. Within Syria, mention of the massacre has been strictly suppressed, although the general contours of the events-and various partisan versions, on all sides-are well-known throughout the country. When the massacre is publicly referenced, it is only as the "events" or "incident" at Hama.

THREE MILLION DIED AT THE HANDS OF THE PAKISTANI ARMY, AND YOU WON'T EVEN ADMIT THAT IT WAS AN ATROCITY.THOSE WHO CANNOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT.

Let me tell you why it is relevant. Many people today are uneducated about history, and are fazed by the notion of nationalism and the like. This exorbitant patriotism blinds people to the truth about their history. In this instance I am talking about Pakistan, and how many Pakistanis still deny that the army pillaged Bangladesh, and exacted heinous crimes against the civilian population.

It angers me when people still defend the actions of the Pakistani army. It was a vicious and systematic GENOCIDE against the Bengali people. So disgusting.

I am so proud of our culture and rich literary heritage which reaches back thousands of years, and I will have no one mock Bangladesh, nor deny the massacres which were perpetrated against it.

Joi Bangla. And thank you India for your help.

আমার সোনার বাংলা
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8295
THREE MILLION DIED AT THE HANDS OF THE PAKISTANI ARMY, AND YOU WON'T EVEN ADMIT THAT IT WAS AN ATROCITY.THOSE WHO CANNOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT.

Let me tell you why it is relevant. Many people today are uneducated about history, and are fazed by the notion of nationalism and the like. This exorbitant patriotism blinds people to the truth about their history. In this instance I am talking about Pakistan, and how many Pakistanis still deny that the army pillaged Bangladesh, and exacted heinous crimes against the civilian population.

It angers me when people still defend the actions of the Pakistani army. It was a vicious and systematic GENOCIDE against the Bengali people. So disgusting.

I am so proud of our culture and rich literary heritage which reaches back thousands of years, and I will have no one mock Bangladesh, nor deny the massacres which were perpetrated against it.

Joi Bangla. And thank you India for your help.

আমার সোনার বাংলা

i wasn't defending them lol but as i said nobody here knows why the government did it so posting it is pointless , why not make a thread about it .

i wasn't mocking dont be so immature nor was i denying anything all I'm saying is worse has happened

people deny it because very very very few people know about it . this is the first i have heard of it .

another thing almost everyone on here is from the uk lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8296
Original post by zubz91
acha mazak nahi hai :mad:
Aw :console: mujhe maaf kar do :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Padwas
i wasn't defending them lol but as i said nobody here knows why the government did it so posting it is pointless , why not make a thread about it .

i wasn't mocking dont be so immature nor was i denying anything all I'm saying is worse has happened

people deny it because very very very few people know about it . this is the first i have heard of it .

another thing almost everyone on here is from the uk lol

So what? I'm from London as well.

All that goes to show is that you're extremely uneducated, and unaware of some of the disgusting history of the past. Why don't you go pick up a book and READ about some of the events that have taken place in the world to perhaps curb your ignorance.

AMAR SHUNAR BANGLA.

আমার সোনার বাংলা
Reply 8298
LISTEN UP.

Aurangzeb, touching topic. truly sorry for the innocent lives that were lost.

i will start off by, asking you to give me some proof of these atrocities that were committed and if they were committed by the Pakistan army itself.

all was a political game played by the Indian intelligence to portray Pakistan as the perpetrators of these horrendous rapes and killings.

Read the Book "Dead reckoning by a Hindu woman from Calcutta" and then talk to me and dare you say anything to my Pakistan who protecting Our East pakistan women and children from the Mukti bahni and the indian forces.

BEHIND THE MYTH OF THREE MILLION is a re-examination of a sad chapter in the relationship of the people of Pakistan and Bangladesh and exposes its utterly contrived nature as well as the motive behind such inventiveness. I am one of those whose family were reported among the casualties of Pakistan Army's action in Dhaka on the night of 26 March 1971. Some of my personal friends within the 'liberationist' camp even had a condolence meeting for me in their Indian safe heaven! I am not alone in having been counted as dead. Countless other people could tell a similar story of their own. Some have even found their names engraved in the commemorative plaques solemnly dedicated in memory of the fallen heroes of the Bangladesh War. [3] Being one of many such' 'reincarnated' beings, I feel duty bound to help remove the myth which is of no service either to my fellow countrymen or to history. Yet, mindful of the requirement of objectivity I have chosen to confine myself to published works and recorded sources and have analysed them with the utmost fidelity to the truth. The ultimate judgement lies with the reader and it is my hope that they would find the pages that follow both interesting and informative.

In putting facts over fiction, I risk ruffling the feathers of those who for all manner of reasons have allowed themselves to be beguiled. Even if a few of them start considering the facts and begin rethinking their position, I shall consider my efforts worth-while. For those who in their blinkered disposition refuse to distinguish facts from fiction and continue to follow the pied pipers of the 'spirit of liberation' fame, who have - to my mind and I hope many would agree with me - no better function other than leading the Muslim Nation of Bangladesh towards its national suicide, I can only pray for divine guidance.

A friend has helped me with source materials and other friends have joined him in encouraging me for a quick completion of the work. All of them have done so, I am sure, out of friendship and not for credit. The friend who helped me with source materials particularly wanted to remain anonymous. In deference to his wish, I refrain from naming him and other friends. However, saliently and sincerely I acknowledge their debt and pray for their continued well-being.

February, 1996 (Dr. M. Abdul Mu’min Chowdhury)

NOTES AND REFERENCES
1. Zahir Raihan was a Marxist who was said to have been disillusioned while in Calcutta and did not believe that the 'intellectuals' found murdered in Dhaka on the eve of 16 December 1971- who included his elder brother Shahidullah Kaiser- could have been killed at the behest of the Pakistan Army as has been alleged. The rumour has it that he also had incriminatory photographs of questionable activities of the Awami League leaders in India. While gathering information about the killing he was kidnapped in Dhaka in broad day light and was never seen again. There is no doubt that he was killed by either those who were at risk of being exposed or those who did not like the truth behind the killing of the intellectuals to come out.
2. For a cogent argument on this point cf. Syed Sajjad Husain, The Wastes of Time: Reflections on the Decline and Fall of East Pakistan, Notun Safar Prokashani, 44 Purana Paltan, Dhaka -1000, 1995: 265-84
3. Jauhuri, Tirish Lakher Telesmat (The Riddle of Thirty Lakh), Asha Prokashan, 435 Elephant Road, Dhaka -1217,1994: 74

Read this Dead Reckoning by Sharmila Bose from oxford university

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=GVht_GhRnKUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=dead+reckoning+sarmila+bose&hl=en&sa=X&ei=C60DU_HyI4bI0QXTxoFo&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=dead%20reckoning%20sarmila%20bose&f=false
Original post by zubz91
Aurangzeb, touching topic. truly sorry for the innocent lives that were lost.

i will start off by, asking you to give me some proof of these atrocities that were committed and if they were committed by the Pakistan army itself.

all was a political game played by the Indian intelligence to portray Pakistan as the perpetrators of these horrendous rapes and killings.

Read the Book "Dead reckoning by a Hindu woman from Calcutta" and then talk to me and dare you say anything to my Pakistan who protecting Our East pakistan women and children from the Mukti bahni and the indian forces.

BEHIND THE MYTH OF THREE MILLION is a re-examination of a sad chapter in the relationship of the people of Pakistan and Bangladesh and exposes its utterly contrived nature as well as the motive behind such inventiveness. I am one of those whose family were reported among the casualties of Pakistan Army's action in Dhaka on the night of 26 March 1971. Some of my personal friends within the 'liberationist' camp even had a condolence meeting for me in their Indian safe heaven! I am not alone in having been counted as dead. Countless other people could tell a similar story of their own. Some have even found their names engraved in the commemorative plaques solemnly dedicated in memory of the fallen heroes of the Bangladesh War. [3] Being one of many such' 'reincarnated' beings, I feel duty bound to help remove the myth which is of no service either to my fellow countrymen or to history. Yet, mindful of the requirement of objectivity I have chosen to confine myself to published works and recorded sources and have analysed them with the utmost fidelity to the truth. The ultimate judgement lies with the reader and it is my hope that they would find the pages that follow both interesting and informative.

In putting facts over fiction, I risk ruffling the feathers of those who for all manner of reasons have allowed themselves to be beguiled. Even if a few of them start considering the facts and begin rethinking their position, I shall consider my efforts worth-while. For those who in their blinkered disposition refuse to distinguish facts from fiction and continue to follow the pied pipers of the 'spirit of liberation' fame, who have - to my mind and I hope many would agree with me - no better function other than leading the Muslim Nation of Bangladesh towards its national suicide, I can only pray for divine guidance.

A friend has helped me with source materials and other friends have joined him in encouraging me for a quick completion of the work. All of them have done so, I am sure, out of friendship and not for credit. The friend who helped me with source materials particularly wanted to remain anonymous. In deference to his wish, I refrain from naming him and other friends. However, saliently and sincerely I acknowledge their debt and pray for their continued well-being.

February, 1996 (Dr. M. Abdul Mu’min Chowdhury)

NOTES AND REFERENCES
1. Zahir Raihan was a Marxist who was said to have been disillusioned while in Calcutta and did not believe that the 'intellectuals' found murdered in Dhaka on the eve of 16 December 1971- who included his elder brother Shahidullah Kaiser- could have been killed at the behest of the Pakistan Army as has been alleged. The rumour has it that he also had incriminatory photographs of questionable activities of the Awami League leaders in India. While gathering information about the killing he was kidnapped in Dhaka in broad day light and was never seen again. There is no doubt that he was killed by either those who were at risk of being exposed or those who did not like the truth behind the killing of the intellectuals to come out.
2. For a cogent argument on this point cf. Syed Sajjad Husain, The Wastes of Time: Reflections on the Decline and Fall of East Pakistan, Notun Safar Prokashani, 44 Purana Paltan, Dhaka -1000, 1995: 265-84
3. Jauhuri, Tirish Lakher Telesmat (The Riddle of Thirty Lakh), Asha Prokashan, 435 Elephant Road, Dhaka -1217,1994: 74

Read this Dead Reckoning by Sharmila Bose from oxford university

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=GVht_GhRnKUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=dead+reckoning+sarmila+bose&hl=en&sa=X&ei=C60DU_HyI4bI0QXTxoFo&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=dead%20reckoning%20sarmila%20bose&f=false

Dont bring India into this please.

Latest