The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Has anyone heard from the art college?

I know that Edinburgh take ages to get back to some people - but the art interviews start in two and a half weeks and the stress is starting to get to me. Has anyone else heard back from the art college, and if so - what kind of things should I expect to hear from them? Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,
I am also awaiting a reply from Edinburgh Uni for Art (w100). I heard that they give out offers in Subjects, and due to the conditions of our application we're likely to receive them at the end of Feb.
How did you uploading of the online portfolio go? I had absolutely no idea what they wanted on there!
Anyway, good luck!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by chlmar05
Hi there,
I am also awaiting a reply from Edinburgh Uni for Art (w100). I heard that they give out offers in Subjects, and due to the conditions of our application we're likely to receive them at the end of Feb.
How did you uploading of the online portfolio go? I had absolutely no idea what they wanted on there!
Anyway, good luck!

I just followed their advice to the letter - but I put in quite a wide spread of my work, so although I want to do painting, I put in some of my 3D work and stuff. I hope it's good enough. I sent pretty much the same thing to Glasgow as well, with some minor alterations.
I hope you get good news from them, I'm just feeling a little impatient now that all of my friends are getting offers from all their unis and I haven't heard from any of mine.
Reply 3
Hi there!
I'm applying for Interior Design and I'm also stressed out.. Is there a date by which we should receive an invitation to bring the full portfolio?
Reply 4
All I know is that the interviews start on the 27th of February and end on the 14th of March - so the latest I guess they can ask for you to bring a portfolio is the 7th of March?
i just got an offer
but i applied for the ma in photography
i suppose is different... right?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Congrats for your offer! :smile:

Yeah, I suppose it is...
I've applied for graphic design here and uploaded my online portfolio but heard nothing so far
Reply 8
I applied/submitted the mini portfolio for Film & TV and still nothing! Has anyone heard anything at all? It seems to be getting a bit critical now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've applied for a BA in photography and have still heard nothing :/
Reply 10
Just found out today that I got through the next stage for the interview! sooo excited yet so so nervous
I also want to do painting!
Have you heard yet?
Reply 11
Hey there! I just got postgrad offer a couple of weeks ago! I've applied for Design and digital media. Is there anyone apply to this course as well?:biggrin:
Reply 12
Hey! I already got an offer about a couple weeks ago. I've applied for design and digital media.
Anyone apply for this course???
Reply 13
I just got rejected yesterday, so i guess that's my worrying over.:frown:
Reply 14
I got a rejection yesterday too, thought they were leaving it a bit late to be through to the next stage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Anyone applied for illustration 1st year? Got an interview in less than 2 weeks :smile:
Reply 16
I've applied for illustration, got invited to an applicant day on March 4th!
Anyone else get the same date?
Reply 17
Original post by stormysav
I've applied for illustration, got invited to an applicant day on March 4th!
Anyone else get the same date?

Same here! What time? I'm around 1.30 :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Edenre
Same here! What time? I'm around 1.30 :smile:

Yeah, same here! I'll probably see you there :biggrin:
Have you got your portfolio together yet?
Reply 19
Original post by stormysav
Yeah, same here! I'll probably see you there :biggrin:
Have you got your portfolio together yet?

It's getting there, I have pretty much everything, I need to mount it all up though :smile: Hows yours?

and awesome! At least I kinda know someone now haha xD I'm so nervous because it's my first interview but really excited to go :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending