The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Muffyn
Oh god, if the letter does not come tomorrow, it probably means I didn't get in (well, I suppose it could get lost in the post but I'm not the optimistic kind to think like that). Basically, if all you people get the letter and start posting on this thread tomorrow, don't wonder why I haven't bothered posting, it means I haven't got the letter -_-

Us girls always take such an emotional approach towards situations as such but how do guys react because to be honest there has not been a single guy that appears to say they are nervous...to you lads out there. What do you feel prior to finding out??
Reply 541
Original post by Muffyn
Oh god, if the letter does not come tomorrow, it probably means I didn't get in (well, I suppose it could get lost in the post but I'm not the optimistic kind to think like that). Basically, if all you people get the letter and start posting on this thread tomorrow, don't wonder why I haven't bothered posting, it means I haven't got the letter -_-

Stop being so pessimistic. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to get your letter. After all, the chances are in our favour....

My first letter for the interview got lost in the post, so I pretty much spent the whole week sulking, thinking I didn't he an interview place, till my second interview letter (the one which stated the time of the interview) came 3 days before my interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 542
Original post by KoolAid
Stop being so pessimistic. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to get your letter. After all, the chances are in our favour....

My first letter for the interview got lost in the post, so I pretty much spent the whole week sulking, thinking I didn't he an interview place, till my second interview letter (the one which stated the time of the interview) came 3 days before my interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's terrible! Thank God you got the second letter!
I'm a girl. And I'm not that scared/nervous/hyperventilating.
Everyone deals with these situations in a different way though.
(Or, I might just secretly be a guy :tongue:)
You guys make me feel bad for not being as enthusiastic about the letter. Now I'm going to feel like I don't deserve a place .-. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.
Im kidding. I was super nervous for Westminster though, maybe its because this is the 5th time? .-.
Edit: kool-aid, I want to personally punch the post office for you...
And good luck to everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 544
Original post by Muffyn
Nope, I'm just the 'half-empty' kind of girl. After all, better this then to get my hopes up if I don't get in because that would crush my ego. Why are "the chances in our favour"? If I had been you, I would have emailed/phoned them about the missing first letter. You shouldn't have just left it like that; regardless whether you got onto the interview stage or not, it is common courtesy for them to send a rejection/pass letter. What if they hadn't sent a second letter, then you would have always thought you hadn't got in!

The chances are in our favour because only approx. 45 interviewee's are being rejected. They sent an email with the second letter, so I would have known regardless, but I would've probably emailed them anyhow. From the sounds of it, your interview went really well! Don't underestimate yourself! As Mr Handscombe said 'you've done extremely well to get this far' don't give up now! Good luck!!
Reply 545
Original post by MudbloodPrincess
I'm a girl. And I'm not that scared/nervous/hyperventilating.
Everyone deals with these situations in a different way though.
(Or, I might just secretly be a guy :tongue:)
You guys make me feel bad for not being as enthusiastic about the letter. Now I'm going to feel like I don't deserve a place .-. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.
Im kidding. I was super nervous for Westminster though, maybe its because this is the 5th time? .-.
Edit: kool-aid, I want to personally punch the post office for you...
And good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Thanks Hun! Lol. And good luck to you too!
when do you guys think we going to get the letter(having a metal break down right now!!!!!!!)
i hope they are, cause i rather know if i got a offer early than getting my hope to high and find out i haven't got a place.......
Reply 548
Original post by Muffyn
For my interview letter, I got it the day after HWSF said they posted it (Friday afternoon), and I got it Saturday around 11am. That was with a first class stamp. I'm not sure if they are still using those for the acceptance letters.

Same with me too so I am expecting the letter to come in a couple hours!
(edited 10 years ago)
Waiting........:confused:
Reply 550
Mine's just come!

167 places offered.

You needed an overall score of 469 to get in!

I got 499!

I'm so ****ing happy!
Original post by Wesleigh
Mine's just come!

167 places offered.

I got 499!

I'm so ****ing happy!

Nice to hear that they have offered more people places

Congratulations
Original post by Wesleigh
Mine's just come!

167 places offered.

I got 499!

I'm so ****ing happy!

Congratulations! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 553
Mine just came 518 points! Conditional offer
Reply 554
Original post by Aargee

Smart ass c;

Original post by StrangeBanana
Congratulations! :smile:

aww thanks
Reply 555
I got a place too!
I can smell some competition beginning about who gets the highest mark.

Current Champ:
:woo::woo::woo: Aargee, with 518 points! :woo::woo::woo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 557
Original post by Aargee

See, there was nothing to be worried about :smile:
Reply 558
Does anyone know what the test score was out of and the interview score?
Reply 559
I got in aswell :biggrin: 503 points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending