The Student Room Group

Why does he ignore me?

and then speak to me?

There's this person who I've been speaking to, we went out for a drink and we have been getting to know each other (nothing too serious). Sometimes he will be really enthusiastic and seem like he wants to talk to me but other times he will completely ignore me for a few days.

He sent me a message through FB asking me how I am and what I've been upto etc, I messaged back and he didn't reply to me for 3 days, I could tell he read the message the day I sent it as it tells you on FB.

He then messaged me today asking me how am I, what have I been upto :confused:. Then when I didn't reply to his message he text me asking the same thing, so I text him back and he hasn't replied, this was this morning at about 9am!

He keeps doing it to me and I don't really understand his behaviour, is there like a motive behind it? or that just the way he is :confused:
Reply 1
He's either just absolutely rubbish with communication as a result of being particularly busy/absent-minded, or he's playing a daft game with you. TSR won't know - he will, so why not ask him? Nothing wrong with asking a little question of your friend. 'Why are you always so inconsistent with communication? P:' - let the cheeky tongue face save the day and remove any hostility.

Also, this just can happen with communication online/on mobiles. Separate your 'real life' communication from your online ones - limit how much you say to him through text and messages, and phone him more, of course better yet, see him more often. Meaning and emotions can get mixed up online and it's just not worth the stress and confusing of trying to work out what someone 'means' by their messaging activity - just be direct, and focus on real life interactions.
Reply 2
Mind games I'm guessing.
He's probably just lazy and careless. Don't waste your time with someone like that. Focus on people who make as much effort as you, otherwise it's just embarrassing and you always end up feeling clingy (been there, done that).
Reply 4
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Mind games I'm guessing.

No, what the OP is describing is not mind games.

OP he's either playing hard to get, is a busy dude or doesn't like texting (I don't, I prefer face2face conversations I'm also very busy.)

Mind Games would be telling you he's interested in you then getting off with some other girl.
Original post by Reeeeyah
and then speak to me?

There's this person who I've been speaking to, we went out for a drink and we have been getting to know each other (nothing too serious). Sometimes he will be really enthusiastic and seem like he wants to talk to me but other times he will completely ignore me for a few days.

He sent me a message through FB asking me how I am and what I've been upto etc, I messaged back and he didn't reply to me for 3 days, I could tell he read the message the day I sent it as it tells you on FB.

He then messaged me today asking me how am I, what have I been upto :confused:. Then when I didn't reply to his message he text me asking the same thing, so I text him back and he hasn't replied, this was this morning at about 9am!

He keeps doing it to me and I don't really understand his behaviour, is there like a motive behind it? or that just the way he is :confused:

He seems like playling with your feelings. He reminds me of a book character who is revealed to be a jerk.
Reply 6
Original post by Reeeeyah
There's this person who I've been speaking to, we went out for a drink and we have been getting to know each other (nothing too serious).

Answered your own question! What else do you expect him to be doing? He asked a question, you answered. Maybe he's not ignoring you, maybe he's getting on with other things in his life because you aren't a priority.

You want quick responses, pick up the phone and actually talk to him.
(edited 2 years ago)
man's probably busy. there's plenty of times someone's sent me something that I've read, and upon seeing it's not urgent at all, I leave it at that moment and then see it a few days later when I'm not busy and I reply. literally just arrange a time to talk to him or whatever and ask him what's up or tell him you're interested in him. that'll make you a priority for sure. also, some people in this thread need to get outside more. it's highly unlikely there's any ulterior motive to what he's doing.

Latest

Trending

Trending