The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futuremedic2096
So pleased with the progress I've made this week! Just under 3000 words done, and still have 5/6 sections left ...........
How are the rest of you doing?!

finished the essay and most of log, just have to do presentation and improve my planning section drastically, i.e the stuff you told me!
Original post by Jaydude
finished the essay and most of log, just have to do presentation and improve my planning section drastically, i.e the stuff you told me!

That's good! I plan to have everything done by Sunday! Other than the presentation, because I have no idea what to do for it!
One final push on the essay and fingers crossed it will be done, today / tomorrow!
Original post by kash0095
I am on the discussion section and totally confused about what the difference is between the research review and what you do in the discussion. Someone please help!!! Btw my exam board is edexcel and I'm doing the level 3 qualification

The research (or literature) review is where you go over all the main research and arguments that already exist on the subject, just to give an overall background to the area. The discussion tends to be longer, and is where you start giving your take on the arguments, discussing their strengths and weaknesses. That'll hopefully link on well to your conclusion :smile:
Why did I not reference as I went along? I spent my whole day referencing, can this hell just hurry up and end!
Original post by itssimplyme
Why did I not reference as I went along? I spent my whole day referencing, can this hell just hurry up and end!

Not referencing and doing it at the end is a really bad idea, it's horrible tomdo though at any time isn't it?!
Not referencing and doing it at the end is a really bad idea, it's horrible tomdo though at any time isn't it?!

Yep, I know that now :colondollar:

Yeah, it is tbh! At least I'm all done :h: Now for the presentation :frown:

Are you in year 13?
Yep, I know that now :colondollar:

Yeah, it is tbh! At least I'm all done :h: Now for the presentation :frown:

Are you in year 13?

No 12 I've been so dedicated to this I feel quite an expert! I go to a really good school so I've had great support too, and this kind of thing is right up my street! Yourself?!
No 12 I've been so dedicated to this I feel quite an expert! I go to a really good school so I've had great support too, and this kind of thing is right up my street! Yourself?!

Ah, I'm in year 13. I also go to a good school and the supervisors/coordinators are incredibly helpful. However, I think our schools do the EPQ differently, as currently the year 12s are having lessons on managing time, referencing, all the key skills essential to complete the thing. And once they end in around April, it's all go go go ready to do a presentation in March or if you want to, November - whereas you guys seem to be completing it in year 12 is seems?

Either way, its great that you're confident about it all!
Ah, I'm in year 13. I also go to a good school and the supervisors/coordinators are incredibly helpful. However, I think our schools do the EPQ differently, as currently the year 12s are having lessons on managing time, referencing, all the key skills essential to complete the thing. And once they end in around April, it's all go go go ready to do a presentation in March or if you want to, November - whereas you guys seem to be completing it in year 12 is seems?

Either way, its great that you're confident about it all!

I wasnt inferring you didn't ha ha! Yeah we did that early part of the year and then I've almost finished the essay so just my abstract and presentation which we do in June! It's a lot of pressure ! Not everyone has done so much! I'm really hoping for an A/A*
I wasnt inferring you didn't ha ha! Yeah we did that early part of the year and then I've almost finished the essay so just my abstract and presentation which we do in June! It's a lot of pressure ! Not everyone has done so much! I'm really hoping for an A/A*

I'm sure you will :smile: You sound hella' passionate :tongue:
How dyou guys not get nervous during the formal presentation?
Original post by Ilhajxichjabv

Very good question! I'm a really confident individual and can speak easily in public, but even I get nervous. Just practice practice practice and think when you do it it's just another practice, that's the best advice I can give
Reply 4793

I found I actually quite enjoyed my presentation! Just remember that usually you will be 100% more knowledgeable about your topic than your audience so you really are in control. Try and embrace the mindset that you are a teacher and you're in control - it's a chance to show off!

Public speaking is scary, but usually only if you have no clue what you're saying. Like futuremedic said, practice will help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very good question! I'm a really confident individual and can speak easily in public, but even I get nervous. Just practice practice practice and think when you do it it's just another practice, that's the best advice I can give

Original post by BWCW
I found I actually quite enjoyed my presentation! Just remember that usually you will be 100% more knowledgeable about your topic than your audience so you really are in control. Try and embrace the mindset that you are a teacher and you're in control - it's a chance to show off!

Public speaking is scary, but usually only if you have no clue what you're saying. Like futuremedic said, practice will help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that really helped :smile: It's just the idea that im being marked on it which scares me.
GUYS FOR ONCE I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm doing an aqa epq and I'm really not sure how long my conclusion should be and I want to finish it all today! Help please
GUYS FOR ONCE I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm doing an aqa epq and I'm really not sure how long my conclusion should be and I want to finish it all today! Help please

What's it on? you basically just some up all of your research.
What's it on? you basically just some up all of your research.

Ok causes of schizophrenia I thought I'd bring my own opinion and my affiliated experts opinion too ( my sister is a psychologist) but like how long word wise?!
Ok causes of schizophrenia I thought I'd bring my own opinion and my affiliated experts opinion too ( my sister is a psychologist) but like how long word wise?!

My conclusion's 23 words long. Ive basically said that im rejecting my null hypothesis because the probability the results were due to chance factors is 0.05% or less.
My conclusion's 23 words long. Ive basically said that im rejecting my null hypothesis because the probability the results were due to chance factors is 0.05% or less.

Oh right ok I think mine might be a little longer it's just that I'm running close to my word limit, I know it's only a guide but I think you should only go about 10% over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending