The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by trrr
When is the next El Clasico?

23 March. Next game to look out for is the Madrid derby next week. Expect Atléti to beat RM at the Calderón.
Original post by trrr
When is the next El Clasico?

Sunday 23rd March : HOME - LA LIGA
Wednesday 17th April : AWAY - COPA DEL RAY FINAL

HALA MADRIDDD
Original post by qua
23 March. Next game to look out for is the Madrid derby next week. Expect Atléti to beat RM at the Calderón.

My sides.
Original post by tengentoppa
I do hope you're not a Barca fan, as I doubt they're in a position to claim Madrid have cheated given the Neymar incident. Besides, we made a tidy profit from Ozil and Higuain so our net spend wasn't outrageous.

No. I'm English, so I don't 'support' any Spanish clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Existentialgrad
No. I'm English, so I don't 'support' any Spanish clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why the apostrophes?
Reply 3705
I think Real will beat Atletico tbh.

I think the team were finding their feet under ancelotti, but they've become a winning machine since the turn of the year. I can't see past a Real win if I'm being honest.
Reply 3706
The win against Atléti is so incredibly overrated. 4 of the 5 goals came from penalties and Atléti own goals. RM are hardly invincible for Atléti.
Original post by qua
The win against Atléti is so incredibly overrated. 4 of the 5 goals came from penalties and Atléti own goals. RM are hardly invincible for Atléti.

When you coming to the Emirates babe I'll buy you a ticket x
Original post by qua
Not a match for Cesc though.
Also, how many Barcelona games do you watch? Bartra never plays in big games. It will be Piqué and Mascherano. Hopefully (for you) Ancelotti doesn't mess up the tactics again though. Ramos in MF was not exactly the best way to show Martino that he doesn't know anything about European football.

But now CR will be back, meaning you will score fewer goals (~2 g/g with him, 3 without him).

:rofl2: Could Madrid really be a better team without ronaldo?:tongue:
FTR I think Atletico will beat Real too. Real Madrid at home is basically their cup final. Oh wait, they did actually beat them in a cup final last season. At the Bernabeu too.
Original post by Wilfred Little
FTR I think Atletico will beat Real too. Real Madrid at home is basically their cup final. Oh wait, they did actually beat them in a cup final last season. At the Bernabeu too.

Funnily enough though, I don't think they've beaten Real at the Calderón in years.

Good chance for them to do so this time around, since Real have the midweek CL game. Might not make much of a difference though, with Real's big squad and Ronaldo having had plenty of rest.
Reply 3711
Original post by economist2
:rofl2: Could Madrid really be a better team without ronaldo?:tongue:

Correction: It is 2.5 goals per game with CR, 3.2 goals without him :awesome: They should sell him asap, they can use the money to buy Suarez.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
Correction: It is 2.5 goals per game with CR, 3.2 goals without him :awesome: They should sell him asap, they can use the money to buy Suarez.

What other clubs do you support other then barca?:five:
Reply 3713
Original post by justinawe
Funnily enough though, I don't think they've beaten Real at the Calderón in years.

Good chance for them to do so this time around, since Real have the midweek CL game. Might not make much of a difference though, with Real's big squad and Ronaldo having had plenty of rest.

Last time they won a match against them bar the last two games would be in 1999.
I hope people will realise now that the reason Barcelona and Madrid can beat teams 4 or 5 nil in the league is not because the teams in the league are terrible but because Madrid and barca are so strong.
Reply 3715
Original post by Jordooooom
I hope people will realise now that the reason Barcelona and Madrid can beat teams 4 or 5 nil in the league is not because the teams in the league are terrible but because Madrid and barca are so strong.

Correct.
Reply 3716
Original post by Jordooooom

Correct notion, wrong example. Schalke are absolutely horrible, they failed to defend at all and just watched Bale and CR do their magic without even trying to interfere. When Benzema scores two goals against you, that means something. This was more a dispaly of how weak the BuLi is atm than of how strong Real are.
Original post by qua
Correct notion, wrong example. Schalke are absolutely horrible, they failed to defend at all and just watched Bale and CR do their magic without even trying to interfere. When Benzema scores two goals against you, that means something. This was more a dispaly of how weak the BuLi is atm than of how strong Real are.

tbh, I'd much rather see a 4th Serie A team in the CL than a 4th Bundesliga team, especially if Inter and AC Milan start to pick it up. I can see the Bundesliga maintaining their coefficient thanks to Bayern, though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3718
Yeah, the bundesliga just waste a space after the big two. Like the other two are just there to get knocked out in the round of 16.
Cassilas denied a cleansheet at extra time.Tough luck.

Latest