The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boab
Jesus Christ probably :tongue:

Kosovo maybe? When Salmond was happy to stand aside and let genocide happen?
Original post by MatureStudent36
We're not being asked to spend that kind of money.

The greens are hardly a significant force, neither are the mythical labour for independence.

Mythical? Labour for independence have been getting big turn outs mate...I'm going to an event on friday, their attendence and its already looking like itss going to be a full house.

The size of the parties does not refute the fact that the yes campaign is cross party. The only parties in better together are based in London...can't you see their conflict of interest?
Original post by 1tartanarmy
Who cares if we are anyways? How does that make my daily life any better than someone not in a "world power"... swedes, danes, dutch etc...they survive pretty well.

"I want to live in a world power" is the saddest thing I hear from unionists... this isn't the dark ages here....

Well we use the pound...and have been for like ever...thats probably why. NATO helps with defence...he doesn't want us to die...thats probably why.... are you for real?

I like many Scots don't use that as a reason for staying in the union. Shared history, family, synergy and a whole host of other reasons are the reason why I and the majority if Scots want to stay and that's not even taking into account the economic benefuts.
Mythical? Labour for independence have been getting big turn outs mate...I'm going to an event on friday, their attendence and its already looking like itss going to be a full house.

The size of the parties does not refute the fact that the yes campaign is cross party. The only parties in better together are based in London...can't you see their conflict of interest?

Have they? Or are their big turnouts SNP activists posing as Labour supporters again?

Scotland hold no power for defence...irrelevent for now.
All are protected by them.

Several of those host them and will deliver them as well.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

Yes, I know how it works...however NATO do other work too.
Reply 7026

Salmond again?

You don't give up do you? After Independence we vote whomever we like!
Original post by Boab
Salmond again?

You don't give up do you? After Independence we vote whomever we like!

We could vote for Blair? Maybe brown?
Reply 7028
Have they? Or are their big turnouts SNP activists posing as Labour supporters again?

lol

That is all.
I like many Scots don't use that as a reason for staying in the union. Shared history, family, synergy and a whole host of other reasons are the reason why I and the majority if Scots want to stay and that's not even taking into account the economic benefuts.

Family wont change so null point...

I don't believe the past is a good reason for supporting the union...its subjective, the union jack is the butchers apron for many people around the world, hate it when unionists claim the UK is an angel.

Its going to be a Yes vote. Really bad news that less than 50% of people are supporting the union at this stage considering its the country we live in...hardly a popular option.
Reply 7030
We could vote for Blair? Maybe brown?

Crack on, they won't get my vote!

Give me your reasons for staying in the UK? I don't want a reason against independence...I want to hear 5 reasons for the union...why it makes my life better...5 reasons...can you do that?

So Scottish Labour and Scottish Conservatives are based in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it...SNP members dislike Labour...former Labour leaders have joined...labour members...labour voters...pretty sure that makes them labour.
Original post by Boab
lol

That is all.

So the SNP councillors posing as labour supporters wasn't set up?
Original post by Midlander
So Scottish Labour and Scottish Conservatives are based in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes...they are are branch of a london based party.
Give me your reasons for staying in the UK? I don't want a reason against independence...I want to hear 5 reasons for the union...why it makes my life better...5 reasons...can you do that?

Shared risk.
Mutual support.
Economic Gain
Stability
Cultural alignment.

Why do you insist with this salmond poop? Look at the big picture...he wont be hear for much longer.
Original post by Boab
I am frankly stunned by how all the NO people on this forum are always in rooms without a single YES voter - truly bizarre!

As for the economic strategy, that is where YES voters disagree, we don't view a massive hole. Simples really.

Blame the good people of Kirkcaldy. So you're happy with Salmond providing no answer to 'What will we do when RUK rejects a currency union?' other than 'They're bluffing'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes...they are are branch of a london based party.

Interesting concept.

With the involvement that Scottish politicians have had in both parties you seem to be grasping at straws.

What about the Lib Dems!

Latest

Trending

Trending