Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by itsmagic
Are you a first-time applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessss

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your best bet is working your butt off for your A-levels, get the AAA requirements, then apply again next year. Spend the year doing whatever you want, but work experience/volunteering would be good, or getting a job to save up money for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would focus on reapplying in the UK if I were you! Ask the universities for specific feedback if possible, work on achieving AAA or higher, improve your UKCAT and get some more experience :smile: easier said than done but definitely possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would focus on reapplying in the UK if I were you! Ask the universities for specific feedback if possible, work on achieving AAA or higher, improve your UKCAT and get some more experience :smile: easier said than done but definitely possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1204
Original post by itsmagic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Your best bet is working your butt off for your A-levels, get the AAA requirements, then apply again next year. Spend the year doing whatever you want, but work experience/volunteering would be good, or getting a job to save up money for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys!! Yeah hopefully if I get AAA then gap year sounds like a better option ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write me PM i can help you.
I have recently done most of my exams and i seriously effed up one (seriously), my offer was AAA and A*AA. However at this rate I don't know if I'll be able to meet the grades. Do you think if I called the Uni up after results and I have slipped up in one grade they would be able to offer me a place?
Original post by MedicalMaureen
I have recently done most of my exams and i seriously effed up one (seriously), my offer was AAA and A*AA. However at this rate I don't know if I'll be able to meet the grades. Do you think if I called the Uni up after results and I have slipped up in one grade they would be able to offer me a place?

It depends on the Uni and how many applicants they had that year. Some of them will allow an AAB for an AAA offer if you called them up but it depends on the amount of applicants that met the offer grades and how much they "liked" you when you applied.
Original post by zhang599
It depends on the Uni and how many applicants they had that year. Some of them will allow an AAB for an AAA offer if you called them up but it depends on the amount of applicants that met the offer grades and how much they "liked" you when you applied.

If not would you recommend someone retaking the A level and reapplying or going through clearing?
Original post by MedicalMaureen
If not would you recommend someone retaking the A level and reapplying or going through clearing?

If you retake the A level then it'll be outside the 2 years that a lot of Unis accept, I'm too sure which medical schools accept resits, you'll be able to find out in the medicine wiki here on TSR. As for clearing, you can go through with it if you don't want to do medicine anymore. If medicine is till what you want to do then I'll have look into which medical schools will accept resits outside the 2 year period.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello,

Which are the universities that don't place much emphasis on GCSE results?
Original post by DaivaPuthri
Hello,

Which are the universities that don't place much emphasis on GCSE results?

Look here, it basically has all the selection procedures that the universities use

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anybody last year receive a contextual offer for medicine? I attend one of the schools listed on the contextual data for most unis so I should be eligible for a lower offer, for example Bristol may offer 34 IB points instead of 36, but I wondered whether they would still want something stupid like a 766 at higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending