The Student Room Group

Triple Science?!

Hi
I'm in yr 9 and i've just chosen my options. I'm scared that i might get picked to do triple science since i'm in set 1 for science. I'm confused on whether or not i should do it since it means dropping one of my options (I chose spanish, history, business and ict computer science)
Is there anyone who can give me an opinion and help me decide if i should do it or not?
Is it not possible to do triple science within your usual science lessons? At my school, the top three classes dod triple science within their allocated science lessons. Those students in lower classes could chose to do triple science, but taking up another option block of extra lessons to give them more time to complete the course. I would have thought that your school is planning to do this, otherwise they wouldn't be automatically allocating people triple science as it would reduce their option choices...
Reply 2
i'd do it over ICT, its worth it. ICT is worthless, its all word processing and making nice-looking powerpoints, you already have computer science, if you want to do triple science in the slightest take it over ICT..
Reply 3
Original post by Bobjim12
i'd do it over ICT, its worth it. ICT is worthless, its all word processing and making nice-looking powerpoints, you already have computer science, if you want to do triple science in the slightest take it over ICT..

Completely this. ICT GCSE is useless while triple science is one of the best you can do. Even if you want a career in IT you don't need ICT GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fatimah21
Hi
I'm in yr 9 and i've just chosen my options. I'm scared that i might get picked to do triple science since i'm in set 1 for science. I'm confused on whether or not i should do it since it means dropping one of my options (I chose spanish, history, business and ict computer science)
Is there anyone who can give me an opinion and help me decide if i should do it or not?

Hi!!! I'm in year 9 top set too, and we have to do triple science. We chose our options earlier in the year, and people doing triple only got one option (I chose art- yayyyyy!!!) because of extra teaching. we're doing the c1, p1, and b1 units this year, and its so fun. we've also just started doing computer science (we did loads of work for gcse ict just to be told its worthless!) We got told triple science was good for the E-Bacc, because its 3 separate gcse's, yet computer science also classes as a science for it too so core and additional science an computer science would be the same.
Hope this helps. :biggrin:
Reply 5
i took tripple science and it didnt interfere with my options the way they taught us was we was on a accelerated learning programme so where as the other sets would take a week of science lessons to learn a module in a unit wed knock down units in a day then move onto the next one then fridays wed do a mock test for what wed learnt then monday wed mark them discuss where we went wrong and do a quick recap lesson if enough people where unsure then go back to full throttle and pile though the next set of topics we also cut all of the silly experiments out like if hydrogen is flamable we will just accept that and not waste time doing a pointless experiment

or sometimes the teacher would just do the experiment for us while we observed and wed move on

your school may vary but for the most part it shouldnt interfere cause your options are for subjects that you arnt required to do except for ict as that takes place for both regular and extra ict lessons

best people to speak to are your carrears advisor your tutor and the subject head like head of science and theyll all advise you on what to do

as for ict honestly you dont need to take the full course version theyll cover a streamlined version in your regular ict lessons that teaches you the basics youll most likley need in your job

source: i have the tripple award in science the national certificate in ict and a ecdl
Reply 6
ICT is in no way beneficial. Take Triple Science over it.
triple science, you (well i did) get one out of the way in year 10 anyways.
Reply 8
ict and ict computer science is the same thing. the subject is called ict computer science in my school, it's not ict AND computer science.

Quick Reply

Latest