The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apparently Long and Jelavic are injured? Should be a slight advantage for us if it's true considering they're two of Hull's key players.
Reply 21
It's really been on my mind.

I'm really scared that yesterday's goal will give giroud a lot of confidence, and will make him score a lot of goals and finish the season on a high. Which may lead Wenger to think we don't really need a strike because "we'll have Walcott back who can play up front, we got Giroud who is on a high, and we got sonogo who is developing well" and he may even say there is no one better on the market :frown:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Apparently Long and Jelavic are injured? Should be a slight advantage for us if it's true considering they're two of Hull's key players.

Not injured, cup tied
Reply 23
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

I think the media will give a lot more confidence then they already had against us. I mean to be fair, we should win on the weekend & the cup final with ease, especially with Ozil coming back in the team..

But I think all they hype + pressure will make them really confident
Original post by SHOO

I'm really scared that yesterday's goal will give giroud a lot of confidence, and will make him score a lot of goals and finish the season on a high. Which may lead Wenger to think we don't really need a strike because "we'll have Walcott back who can play up front, we got Giroud who is on a high, and we got sonogo who is developing well" and he may even say there is no one better on the market :frown:

I think Giroud will start scoring more these next few games but I am doubtful that Wenger will see use that as an excuse not to buy a new striker. The manager has a load of experience and generally knows what's best - if we can think this through then I'm sure he can as well.
Reply 25
Original post by SHOO

All season I've been telling my mates how whack he's been. They think im chatting bull**** cause of his 20 goals. They see his one anomalous goal vs WHU and now think he's amazing and I'm bonkers.

Even in that game he was poor tbh that one goal shouldn't make up for the other embarrassing touches.
Reply 26
Original post by SHOO

It's near impossible to guess what's on Wenger's mind but, he isn't highly impressionable so I don't buy that a run of form from Giroud will sway his mind. Listening to all the press conferences, he clearly knows that Giroud can't be relied upon to spear head our attack throughout the season. I'm not sure if it was him that mentioned it but apparently Giroud has played the most minutes out of all attackers in the league.

Whether he will buy if he stays is another thing and like you I'm worried but because he feels "we have a lot of attacking players" and "sees Ozil as half a striker".
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by BeyondGroovey
I think Giroud will start scoring more these next few games but I am doubtful that Wenger will see use that as an excuse not to buy a new striker. The manager has a load of experience and generally knows what's best - if we can think this through then I'm sure he can as well.

I hope so.

If giroud can get 20+ goals this season, with injuries to key midfielders who would generally provide assists, imagine what a more competant striker would be capable of doing?

My one and only wish would be to raid Madrid. Take Benzema & Di Maria
Why are Arsenal so bad on fifa ffs, Ozil is 87 rated with terrible stats, Ramsey gets upgraded and is still wack.. ffs!
Reply 29

I admire your faith in the man but you're way too AKB some times :P
Reply 30
Original post by AR_95
All season I've been telling my mates how whack he's been. They think im chatting bull**** cause of his 20 goals. They see his one anomalous goal vs WHU and now think he's amazing and I'm bonkers.

Even in that game he was poor tbh that one goal shouldn't make up for the other embarrassing touches.

Stats don't mean everything in football and loads of people don't understand that!

Giroud should have got a hat trick in that game. He just needed a touch on the Podolski cross and my word.. Wdf did he do when cazorla put him in 1 on 1 with the keeper?!

And yeah lol, if giroud can get 20+ goals, what would a better striker be capable of?
Reply 31
Original post by SHOO
Stats don't mean everything in football and loads of people don't understand that!

Giroud should have got a hat trick in that game. He just needed a touch on the Podolski cross and my word.. Wdf did he do when cazorla put him in 1 on 1 with the keeper?!

And yeah lol, if giroud can get 20+ goals, what would a better striker be capable of?

Said it in the last thread Ozil would be on 20+ assists and Suarez would have 40+ goals if we had him. Would be heading for 85+ points too.
Reply 32
Original post by Apocrypha
Why are Arsenal so bad on fifa ffs, Ozil is 87 rated with terrible stats, Ramsey gets upgraded and is still wack.. ffs!

Lol when we had Fabregas.. My lord! He was slower than the ref :O
Reply 33
No I disagree. He was pretty good towards the latter stage of the second half.

Pretty much the whole team was. Cazorla and Podolski were our main men tbh. Still doesn't excuse his poor performance. Were also forgetting it's West ham, at the Emirates.
Original post by SHOO
Lol when we had Fabregas.. My lord! He was slower than the ref :O

Too many players leave our clubs and then get better ratings *cough* Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Van Persie, Adebayor(lol)
Reply 35
Original post by Pete_91
Said it in the last thread Ozil would be on 20+ assists and Suarez would have 40+ goals if we had him. Would be heading for 85+ points too.

Defo. Probably would have topped our CL group and may well have been in Chelsea's position in the champions league too..

We wouldn't have gotten Ozil if we bought Suarez though lol
Original post by AR_95
Pretty much the whole team was. Cazorla and Podolski were our main men tbh. Still doesn't excuse his poor performance. Were also forgetting it's West ham, at the Emirates.

True, lets hope that we play like that for the next few games and the next season. It felt good, seeing Arsenal play beautiful football.

Original post by AR_95
I admire your faith in the man but you're way too AKB some times :P

Arsene knows best :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by manchesterunited15
Top non-Arsenal poster

proud/ashamed

Serious? Most of my posts are Arsenal related..
Original post by AR_95
Serious? Most of my posts are Arsenal related..

I was talking about me
Original post by SHOO

We wouldn't have gotten Ozil if we bought Suarez though lol

Just imagine if it was Suarez at the end of those balls and not Giroud! Man.
Stupid stupid fake release clause.

Latest