The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
you've been a joke tactically long before he came in

I don't think that's fair. We've managed to gain big results against top sides every season. I'd agree with that point for the last couple of months, but not "long before he (Bould) came in".
Reply 1081
Original post by Pete_91
Are you even an arsenal fan?

He's never said he was an Arsenal fan. He's just one of those desperate WUM's on this forum begging for attention and for some reason he's getting plenty of it
Original post by Pete_91
Give it a rest, I'm as critical as anyone of Arsene's tactical ability, but you constantly go on and on criticising him, you have nothing good to say about anything to do with arsenal. Are you even an arsenal fan?

i've barely criticised arsenal at all lately not that they haven't deserved it mind you

honestly i think arsenal would of finished higher this season if tony pulis was the manager is that a fair point to make?
doesn't that show how bad arsene wenger is tactically again then if he is still playing a system that is so heavily reliant on walcott when he isn't in the team

He's a key player for us, and we ought to have more pace and power in the team yes. Surely that's more a personnel decision than a tactical mistake though?

As I say, it is hard to win a big game with absolutely no pace in the team. You either sit very deep and play for a draw or push up the pitch and aim to just keep the ball and pass through. How can you win the game without pushing up in that situation? The first 30m against Bayern when we pressed very high up is probably roughly what we were trying to achieve, or even the 2-0 win against Liverpool when we played in their half the entire game basically.

I dont understand how people can think that a coach of Wenger's experience deicide simply to play with super-advanced wing backs without any kind of plan. Executed terribly no doubt, but he would have had an idea of what he was trying to achieve.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
He's never said he was an Arsenal fan. He's just one of those desperate WUM's on this forum begging for attention and for some reason he's getting plenty of it

apparently making valid points makes you a WUM now. The maturity levels some of you display are hilarious.
i've barely criticised arsenal at all lately not that they haven't deserved it mind you

honestly i think arsenal would of finished higher this season if tony pulis was the manager is that a fair point to make?

What was the original point you were making?
Original post by DurhamXI
Tbf i am depressed as **** anyway. Don't give a damn about some internet forum chit chat.

But you're shredded as **** (srs)
Original post by Zürich
He's a key player for us, and we ought to have more pace and power in the team yes. Surely that's more a personnel decision than a tactical mistake though?

As I say, it is hard to win a big game with absolutely no pace in the team. You either sit very deep and play for a draw or push up the pitch and aim to just keep the ball and pass through. How can you win the game without pushing up in that situation? The first 30m against Bayern when we pressed very high up is probably roughly what we were trying to achieve, or even the 2-0 win against Liverpool when we played in their half the entire game basically.

The 2-1 win against liverpool the week after was how he should of set up but for some reason you held a high line against 2 of the fastest players in the league
Original post by nase14_aldayz
What was the original point you were making?

I was arguing against durhams point that arsene wenger would win everything if he were to leave for barca/utd because he's shown nothing to suggest he would
Original post by Zürich

I dont understand how people can think that a coach of Wenger's experience deicide simply to play with super-advanced wing backs without any kind of plan. Executed terribly no doubt, but he would have had an idea of what he was trying to achieve.

The problem in those big games we lost was that without the ball we didn't defend the 18 yard line. It looked as though the back four didn't know whether to press without the ball in advanced areas, or retreat to the 18 yard line. It was that indecision that cost us all those goals.
I was arguing against durhams point that arsene wenger would win everything if he were to leave for barca/utd because he's shown nothing to suggest he would

I don't think any manager would win everything at those clubs, would they? lol.
Reply 1091
Original post by manchesterunited15
But you're shredded as **** (srs)

I have a disease called oneitis, I just feel constantly miserable. I have not been the same for a long while now, just been a mess since my breakup. I hate seeing this girl just carry on as if nothing has happened. Some people just know how to go from hot to cold in an instant and then **** off with someone else (even though he is not on my level , just a bloody loser). It is just the feeling that no one else will do, physical and mental addiction, weird to describe.

Going to the gym and i am getting back to that level of conditioning, but i am just miserable everyday. I am taking it out on the weights, but nothing is working. Drink? No. Gym? No. Football? No.

A sobering and serious post from me for once. But, seriously, **** this soppiness, cringe. I would never talk like this in person, God forbid.
Original post by nase14_aldayz
I don't think any manager would win everything at those clubs, would they? lol.

probably not
Original post by DurhamXI
I have a disease called oneitis, I just feel constantly miserable. I have not been the same for a long while now, just been a mess since my breakup. I hate seeing this girl just carry on as if nothing has happened. Some people just know how to go from hot to cold in an instant and then **** off with someone else (even though he is not on my level , just a bloody loser). It is just the feeling that no one else will do, physical and mental addiction, weird to describe.

Going to the gym and i am getting back to that level of conditioning, but i am just miserable everyday. I am taking it out on the weights, but nothing is working. Drink? No. Gym? No. Football? No.

A sobering and serious post from me for once. But, seriously, **** this soppiness, cringe. I would never talk like this in person, God forbid.

I know exactly how you feel. Went through a ****ty breakup a couple of months ago and haven't been the same since. We're all gonna make it brah.
probably not

Well, I'm surprised that all got so out of hand lol.

No it's the dumbest point you've ever made. Pulis has a ceiling (around 10th in the league) and has no record with dealing with the kind of players Arsenal have available to them.
Reply 1096
Original post by Zenzic
I was under the impression 9 years (or 10?) without a trophy is classed as failure. Guess not...

Now I don't support arsenal, but I have never seen a more consistent, stable manager than arsene wenger.

This man has consistently kept arsenal among the greatest teams in the world at the highest level, whilst spending next to nothing in comparison to other clubs.

Yes, he may not have won many trophies recently, but let's not forget he gave football "the unbeatables" with a record that I'm not sure will ever be broken.

Considered the net spend he has used, it's actually unbelievable - he is a footballing legend, that is a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
I know exactly how you feel. Went through a ****ty breakup a couple of months ago and haven't been the same since. We're all gonna make it brah.

:console:
Original post by Pete_91
No it's the dumbest point you've ever made. Pulis has a ceiling (around 10th in the league) and has no record with dealing with the kind of players Arsenal have available to them.

Pulis does a far better job than arsene with the constraints he's under he's been a miracle worker at palace and once upon a time arsene wenger was managing a nobody club i'll have you know pulis has shown his true colours this season and the palace fans who were at first apprehensive about him and his football now love him i think he could take arsenal back to the top if given the opportunity but because his names tony he wont get than opportunity
Luke McKeown, you come across as deceptively charming- you are the forum's "nice guy" - telling Arsenal fans how great Wenger is, telling Chelsea fans how great Mourinho is, but then... behind our backs, one user on here is probably getting his misses' boned by you. Personally I don't buy into it.

Latest