The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by AR_95
I pray that Real Madrid buy Suarez and sell us Benzema. Best situation ever :coma:

Nah, that'll never happen, although it would be great for everybody else in the league :P

If we were to sell Suarez, we'd buy a world class replacement - probably would end up doing a swap deal

Benzema + cash = Suarez

I'd still say no - can't predict how good players like benzema or cavani would be in the BPL for instance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1401
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Nah, that'll never happen, although it would be great for everybody else in the league :P

If we were to sell Suarez, we'd buy a world class replacement - probably would end up doing a swap deal

Benzema + cash = Suarez

I'd still say no - can't predict how good players like benzema or cavani would be in the BPL for instance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool are gna boss it next season

They'll get **** loads of money for winning the BPL.. They'll get the champs league money and they got a really good core in the team..

So they can add to their squad and don't really need to sell

Tough times are over for you guys and it's about time lol, now it's uniteds turn to suffer hahaha

Benzema + cash = Suarez

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the only way you'd get a world class replacement tbh, there aren't any available irrespective of you winning the title.
Reply 1403
Original post by SHOO
Liverpool are gna boss it next season

They'll get **** loads of money for winning the BPL.. They'll get the champs league money and they got a really good core in the team..

So they can add to their squad and don't really need to sell

Tough times are over for you guys and it's about time lol, now it's uniteds turn to suffer hahaha

you can have bucket loads of money, but you have to spend it well (re: spurs fail).
i agree, we don't need to sell - why would players want to leave a team who may have just won the league?

Original post by Pete_91
That's the only way you'd get a world class replacement tbh, there aren't any available irrespective of you winning the title.

i agree completely; there's nobody really going atm for world class strikers.
that's why i'd reject any madrid offer; the amount suarez could have earned us this year if we win the league is ridiculous.
you can have bucket loads of money, but you have to spend it well (re: spurs fail).
i agree, we don't need to sell - why would players want to leave a team who may have just won the league?

i agree completely; there's nobody really going atm for world class strikers.
that's why i'd reject any madrid offer; the amount suarez could have earned us this year if we win the league is ridiculous.

He has a release clause though, and you can be sure after last years debacle that Madrid will have done their homework.
Reply 1405
Original post by Pete_91
He has a release clause though, and you can be sure after last years debacle that Madrid will have done their homework.

true of course, however i don't see him wanting to leave anyway.

we have given him champions league football.
he is the star player in our team; he won't be overshadowed by players like ronaldo
we may win the BPL - a trophy that very few players acheive in their career.
Lol at people suggesting players like Remy, Bony and Benteke. I thought we moved away from those mediocre type of players.
Reply 1407

he is the star player in our team; he won't be overshadowed by players like ronaldo

Yeah the Suarez leaving situation is looking increasingly unlikely as time goes on.. When it almost seemed inevitable a few months ago lol

I fear that Arsenal will struggle to buy a world class striker
Reply 1408
Original post by SHOO
Yeah the Suarez leaving situation is looking increasingly unlikely as time goes on.. When it almost seemed inevitable a few months ago lol

I fear that Arsenal will struggle to buy a world class striker

exactly, it's very interesting how things can change in just a single year.

i don't see us accepting an offer for suarez, and even if madrid trigger his release clause, i don't see him agreeing to leave.

definitely - i don't know who they could get
benzema is the best option, however madrid won't sell unless they can buy suarez

No club has greater pulling power than Madrid, given the option Suarez will go, no question about it. He might win the title here but he'll be able to play with the worlds best player and a significantly better team than Liverpool.
Reply 1410
Original post by Pete_91
No club has greater pulling power than Madrid, given the option Suarez will go, no question about it. He might win the title here but he'll be able to play with the worlds best player and a significantly better team than Liverpool.

that may be true, but i see him giving it another year in that situation
if he wins the league with liverpool, he'll want to try to win the champions league with the same players

regardless, if he goes, we'll spend the money wisely, and hopefully get benzema in return too
that would screw arsenal's striker hopes up :wink:
that may be true, but i see him giving it another year in that situation
if he wins the league with liverpool, he'll want to try to win the champions league with the same players

regardless, if he goes, we'll spend the money wisely, and hopefully get benzema in return too
that would screw arsenal's striker hopes up :wink:

I don't think Suarez will go because I don't think they can afford him tbh. Just pointing out that any player would go to Madrid if they could (bar maybe barca players).
Looks like Cardiff are dead cert to go down. I know he's a little midget, and prone to picking up cards, but how would everyone feel about Gary Medel? Even if only as a rotation player, i think he could add some steel to the team if we do fail to get our preferred targets.
Original post by SHOO
Funny you say that, I actually dreamt of it a few nights ago LOL

Honestly speaking though, I really love Di Maria, he has been excellent this season and just imagine the following team.. Just for the sake of dreaming :wink:

Szczesney

Richards Merta Kosc Gibbs

Bender Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Di Maria

Benzema

Subs: Viviano, Verm, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, Poldi & Ox

If we winning bring on giroud to hold the ball up top, roll on the floor, waste time & chances etc..

Cazorla and will rotate with ozil and di Maria because they will not play and finish every game..

Ox to be a super sub

Wilshere for Rambo/Bender

Rocisky for the bigger games, where we need experience.. And as a sub

Poldi as a super sub

And if we're honest, it's not like injuries won't hit us so it'll allow everyone to get first team footy

Now THAT is a badass team that is capable of winning the bigger games.. And grinding out the 6-0/5-0 wins that we havnt had this season :frown:

We can always dream.

:moon:
Original post by TheEssence
Looks like Cardiff are dead cert to go down. I know he's a little midget, and prone to picking up cards, but how would everyone feel about Gary Medel? Even if only as a rotation player, i think he could add some steel to the team if we do fail to get our preferred targets.

Not good enough by any means.
allow Medel, sign up big man Mulumbu.
Mourinho is a disgrace. Already has his excuse ready for a loss.
Original post by TheEssence
Mourinho is a disgrace. Already has his excuse ready for a loss.

An embarrassment. His players playing like they've been told it's the 3rd round of Carling Cup and don't waste any energy.

They win today and they're 2 points off the top and they could have a real chance of Liverpool choking in the last 2 games and being right in there.

If my manager did this to my club I'd be ****ing furious tbh. Things he's too good for the league. Would hate him at United.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1418
Original post by hayles101
An embarrassment. His players playing like they've been told it's the 3rd round of Carling Cup and don't waste any energy.

They win today and they're 2 points off the top and they could have a real chance of Liverpool choking in the last 2 games and being right in there.

If my manager did this to my club I'd be ****ing furious tbh. Things he's too good for the league. Would hate him at United.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf it is common knowledge that Abramovich vastly prefers winning the C.L. to the Premier League. Mourinho is just taking orders.
Jon Flanagan is such a inbred he got the Scouser look nailed down.

Latest