The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
And the time we finished 5th was not anything to do with playing well or Pardew. It was down to Demba Ba being on fire first half of the season. And then buying Papiss Cisse who scored 13 in 14 games in the remainder of the season. It was individual brilliance not good football.

But now, Pardew prefers playing Cisse on RW in a 4-5-1 with Shola upfront! The joy!

Pardew has turned Cisse into a goal every 2 game Striker, to getting 2 goals this season. One of which was a penalty. the other a last minute winner.
Reply 1601
Original post by Twinport53

Anyway...

AFC: Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Arteta (c), Ramsey; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Flamini, Kallstrom, Rosicky, Sanogo.

NUFC: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Anita, Gosling, Tiote, Gouffran; Sissoko; Remy.
Subs: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, S. Taylor, Haidara, Obertan, Armstrong, Sh. Ameobi.

Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Preston).

Hmmm, Chambo and Gibbs not even on the bench. Can see Rosicky coming on for Ozil and even Jenkinson having a run about after 70minutes in :P.
Solid line up from us, Ramsey to boss it and score.
Reply 1602
Love watching MNF on Sky, to see the build up to ARSENAL vs NEWCASTLE is about Chelsea and Liverpool. Just what I like to watch.
Original post by AR_95
Comparing Martinez to Rodgers is just silly.

Next year when Tottenham and UTD come back to their old selves Everton will be forgotten as far as top four contenders go. It's funny how their top 3 players are all loan players and and as soon as they leave, watch Everton place along side Southampton and Newcastle where they belong.

The only reason he's looked so dangerous is because of both UTD and Tottenham having a slump of a season. Again, him being praised for the faults of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have incredible faith in Spurs.
Reply 1604
Original post by NDGAARONDI
You have incredible faith in Spurs.

They've really sunk an all time low tbh I don't see it getting any worse for them next season. With the right manager who knows..
Gibbs is injured and AOC has had some thigh problems the last few games, nothing serious apparently but Arsene doesnt want to risk him for games we can win without him just for him to be out for the FA cup I assume.
Reply 1606
Original post by DurhamXI
Very loyal player really, can't fault that. Could have moved for bigger money but he stayed with them through good and bad.

Alan Shearer will remain a legend forever :biggrin:

The only person coming remotely close to that right now is Rooney on 173. If he plays for another 5 years and averages say 14 goals in those 5, that would bring him to 243. Still short of Shearer :tongue:. Though Shearer seemed like much more of a fans player(from what I've heard) compared to Rooney. I don't see Rooney pushing on as hard the older he gets, think he'll be more interested in how much his wages are gonna go up opposed to goals :rolleyes:
Reply 1607
Would anybody want Pardew as there manager with this....

Alan Pardew's Unwanted Records

First NUFC manager to lose 5 consecutive PL games.

Before Pardew arrived, since 1993, NUFC had lost 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more. Pardew has lost by 3 goals or more 19 times on his own since December 2010. [25/04/14]

Most NUFC Premier League losses in one season

Alan Pardew has lost 13 of the last 18 matches, including an FA Cup defeat at home against Cardiff City. [25/04/14]

Alan Pardew has managed NUFC for seven derbies. Chris Hughton for one. Both have scored 5 goals against Sunderland.

Pardew has conceded as many goals against Sunderland as Newcastle Manager as Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (11).

Man Utd (4), Tottenham (4), Everton (3) and Sunderland (3) have all scored the same or more goals at SJP than Newcastle in 2014. [25/04/14]

First manager to lose three consecutive derbies since 1924

Worst home defeat to Liverpool for 87 years

Lowest home goals tally in one PL season [25/04/14]

Reply 1608
Pardieu, to be fair to him, is very entertaining for the neutral.
Reply 1609
He's a smug spineless excuse making C***. He couldn't even answer why he left Ben Arfa out because it has nothing to do with injuries or 'merit' as he put it. Its because Hatem is a flair player and he doesnt know how to use him properly.
Reply 1610
Quite a slow game so far, though as usual I see us gearing up and smashing in the 2nd half :cool:
Reply 1611
Game needs some pace.
Reply 1612
This is our pace tbh. Slow. Uncreative. Unimaginative. No movement. Just how Pardew likes it. DEFENCE DEFENCE DEFENCE.
Reply 1613
It's quite painful to watch us play like this at home, but it's all worth it when the technical magnificence comes out sooner or later and that is why Arsenal is the best club to watch :cool:

2nd half, I'm saying it now.
Reply 1614
I think Giroud must be one of the slowest players we've ever had.
Reply 1615
Original post by DurhamXI
I think Giroud must be one of the slowest players we've ever had.

Guess he's lucky Mertesacker take's that title :rolleyes:

Anyways I swear this is the quietest this thread has been on match day all season
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Guess he's lucky Mertesacker take's that title :rolleyes:

Anyways I swear this is the quietest this thread has been on match day all season

Doesn't take much away from Per's game though. Takes tons away from Giroud.
Reply 1617
Original post by Pete_91
Doesn't take much away from Per's game though. Takes tons away from Giroud.

Of course it doesn't. The fact that Giroud is even being compared to a CB is embarrassing enough.

Cissokho just out done us that run :O. Bad finish though
(edited 10 years ago)
When you see Giroud has left defenders for dead, you 100% know its offside.
Get in!

Latest