The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Solemn Rain
Nee! :nooo:

En ja, ik ben nederlands ook:tongue: maar ik hebt het kleine beetje vergeten:cry2:
Ik hebt nooit gedact dat jij nederlands was:rofl: waar woon jij?

Translation:

NOOO!

And yes, I'm dutch too:tongue: but I forget some of it:cry2:
I have never thought you were dutch:rofl: where do you live?

Mods, happy?

I'm not really Dutch, but I spend enough time in Holland tbf. From London, currently of no fixed abode but back in town in June!
Original post by Zürich
I'm not really Dutch, but I spend enough time in Holland tbf. From London, currently of no fixed abode but back in town in June!

Ah, but you sounded like one there! You've probably picked up the accent by now:lol: Say something in dutch? anything...

Zomer XD
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
I meant the format as in having a group stage and so on, was an international knockout competition before 1992. Back then, I think only the league winners automatically qualified and whoever finished 2nd entered a qualifying round.

Oh Right. Your right then. I think it changed around same time as the Premiership started. Newcastle finished 3rd and didn't get Champions League Football.

Part of me wishes it could go back to just being champions getting entered.
Original post by Zürich
Cantona is eaaaasssssillly the most hyped up player in PL history. The guy had charisma, but why couldnt he get a game for France?

Erm, because he called the manager something like a "bag of ****". Doesn't exactly endear you to your manager, does it? Plus his ban after the Selhurst Park incident.

From Platini onwards he was a regular. Was captain at one point. But France failed to qualify .

45 caps, 20 goals. It's hardly like be barely played for France.

That really isn't a bad record when you consider France didn't qualify for either WC 90 or 94, his post-Selhurst Park ban, and that he retired fairly young at 31. Not that he would have been selected following Selhurst Park even if he hadn't retired in 1997.

Contribution in the CL?

7 goals in 21 appearances (including games for Leeds)

Those stats are a little misleading considering we were fairly poor in the Champions (hampered by the 3 foreigners rule , and the difference between continental and English football). It wasn't until Cantona's final season that we really began to turn up in the Champions League. Plus he did more than score.
Original post by River85
Erm, because he called the manager something like a "bag of ****". Doesn't exactly endear you to your manager, does it? Plus his ban after the Selhurst Park incident.

From Platini onwards he was a regular. Was captain at one point. But France failed to qualify .

45 caps, 20 goals. It's hardly like be barely played for France.

That really isn't a bad record when you consider France didn't qualify for either WC 90 or 94, his post-Selhurst Park ban, and that he retired fairly young at 31. Not that he would have been selected following Selhurst Park even if he hadn't retired in 1997.

7 goals in 21 appearances (including games for Leeds)

Those stats are a little misleading considering we were fairly poor in the Champions (hampered by the 3 foreigners rule , and the difference between continental and English football). It wasn't until Cantona's final season that we really began to turn up in the Champions League. Plus he did more than score.

Come on mate, we all know Pires was the better player.

Original post by jam277
Why are you so protective of Zurich? I'm sure his 'lifts' should make him be able to protect himself.

Only thing he 'lifts' is my cock, not sure how that can qualify him to protect himself against another man. Not sure how a sissy boy can protect himself at all. But then again, I have seen funnier things in my time.
Original post by DurhamXI
Only thing he 'lifts' is my cock, not sure how that can qualify him to protect himself against another man. Not sure how a sissy boy can protect himself at all. But then again, I have seen funnier things in my time.

Bitches ain't **** tbh. Don't get hung up on a bitch like Zurich.
Original post by jam277
Bitches ain't **** tbh. Don't get hung up on a bitch like Zurich.

I bet he is actually a puff in real life though. Probably walks around Soho in Arsenal themed drag and carries a donation box for free blowies in exchange. You do get a lot of these sorts of crets around London.
ITT: Zurich getting bullied.
Something I've been thinking about recently is sterling's development.

People are always comparing him to Walcott to be honest.
Now I think Walcott is a better player at the moment, but when do you think sterling will surpass him?

Let's be honest, it's gonna happen - sterling is ultimately a better Walcott with time to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sterling just needs goals as his all round game is already better than Walcott.

I also think Liverpool play a system that means that he exploits space, when teams don't play such suicidal tactics, narrow the space between the Central midfielders Sterling will struggle to influence the game as much as he usually does.
Original post by little_tom
Come on mate, we all know Pires was the better player.

it makes me sad how if rosicky wasnt always injured he'd be able to fill pires' boots.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Something I've been thinking about recently is sterling's development.

People are always comparing him to Walcott to be honest.
Now I think Walcott is a better player at the moment, but when do you think sterling will surpass him?

Let's be honest, it's gonna happen - sterling is ultimately a better Walcott with time to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's to say he'll actually be as consistent for his whole career? Countless amounts of young players look dangerous at first then fall off massively. What's to say he's not the next Andy Caroll? :cool:

Nah the guy is great but Walcott was our key player when he was here this season ( for a month -.- ). Watch him boss it next season.
Looks like Paulinho is joining Chelsea, cheeky bid for Soldado? :biggrin: Don't let his first season blind, he is a very very good striker. With the way we play and the midfielders we have he'll have a field day.
Original post by Kruz
Looks like Paulinho is joining Chelsea, cheeky bid for Soldado? :biggrin: Don't let his first season blind, he is a very very good striker. With the way we play and the midfielders we have he'll have a field day.

Well, that was sudden...
Well, that was sudden...

Him, Ramires and David Luiz all have the same agent.
Original post by Kruz

Yeah, not sure what he would actually add to the team other than another body really...
Yeah, not sure what he would actually add to the team other than another body really...

Who Paulinho or Soldado? Paulinho wouldn't add much, Chelsea don't even need him tbh. Soldado on the other hand I still rate him, just Tottenham didn't use him properly.
Original post by Kruz

I just googled it, the whole thing is based off 3 lines in a what's basically a gossip column on a not-particularly-reliable brazilian website.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I just googled it, the whole thing is based off 3 lines in a what's basically a gossip column on a not-particularly-reliable brazilian website.

Nah an agent has confirmed it, they've accepted the bid but the deal will be complete after the WC.

Latest