The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Nah an agent has confirmed it, they've accepted the bid but the deal will be complete after the WC.

sauce?
Original post by Kruz
Who Paulinho or Soldado? Paulinho wouldn't add much, Chelsea don't even need him tbh. Soldado on the other hand I still rate him, just Tottenham didn't use him properly.

I was referring to Paulinho.

But yes, the Spuds ruined Soldado, not that I think he would offer more than what we have with Giroud.

Lamela, would like us to put in a cheeky cut priced bid for him actually. He is just the type of player we need on the wing. If there is anyone that can the best out of him it is Wenger.

You should have know better than to bring Metro as a source.

LOL that article was written by "Metro Sport Reporter" no fool would lend his name to that BS article. There's a quote in the headline but no quote in the actual article. I expected better Kruz
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko

LOL that article was written by "Metro Sport Reporter" no fool would lend his name to that BS article. There's a quote in the headline but no quote in the actual article. I expected better Kruz

Loool Kmt Sev allow me man.
Original post by AR_95
What's to say he'll actually be as consistent for his whole career? Countless amounts of young players look dangerous at first then fall off massively. What's to say he's not the next Andy Caroll? :cool:

Nah the guy is great but Walcott was our key player when he was here this season ( for a month -.- ). Watch him boss it next season.

fair enough i guess - although i feel that sterling isn't just another townsend.
he showed last season when he was played that he has talent, and he has showed it even more this year.

the kid is going places; hopefully he'll be going there with liverpool :P
ffs I don't want De Boer to go to Spurs, which kinda looks inevitable now. How am I supposed to carry on liking me fellow country man? :colonhash:

Original post by sevchenko

I know it's kind of off-topic because this is the Arsenal thread not the Chelsea or Spurs thread but this is a good example of how crappy journalists make up so much. That Metro article is based on the same gossip crap that I mentioned earlier, the Metro just somehow managed to spin it out into a whole article and pad it out as if it's a sure thing. And besides that, all the initial blurb on lancenet says is that chelsea are close to being the front-runners in the chase to sign him. That's all. Oh, and that he will move AFTER the world cup, which the Metro has changed to BEFORE the world cup.

Moral of the story, don't believe anything you read in the papers. It would be good if we could all remember that in the Summer!
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
ffs I don't want De Boer to go to Spurs, which kinda looks inevitable now. How am I supposed to carry on liking me fellow country man? :colonhash:

They still won't finish over us, last year AVB said we were finished.
Reply 1850
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Something I've been thinking about recently is sterling's development.

People are always comparing him to Walcott to be honest.
Now I think Walcott is a better player at the moment, but when do you think sterling will surpass him?

Let's be honest, it's gonna happen - sterling is ultimately a better Walcott with time to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Januzaj is better haven't you heard.
Original post by 419
Januzaj is better haven't you heard.

:dunce:
Original post by Kruz
They still won't finish over us, last year AVB said we were finished.

and tbh most of us thought so too! After all them signings they made.
Reply 1853
I'll laugh if Bergkamp becomes Spurs assistant manager.
Original post by trrr
I'll laugh if Bergkamp becomes Spurs assistant manager.

I'd be surprised, but if he wants to use a small club for experience before managing a big club like Arsenal I don't care :wink:

Yo dude....just seen in another thread, you go to St James school in Colindale....
I was thinking of going there for 6th form.... may I ask whats the school and teachers like?

Its always good to get personal opinions than just by going on the school website and reading all the info.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Something I've been thinking about recently is sterling's development.

People are always comparing him to Walcott to be honest.
Now I think Walcott is a better player at the moment, but when do you think sterling will surpass him?

Let's be honest, it's gonna happen - sterling is ultimately a better Walcott with time to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing against him as a player cause he's going to be very very good, but I feel the team and more importantly system makes him better than he actually is. Walcott on the RW for liverpool this season would have absolutely annihilated teams, it's the perfect system for a pacey winger.

He's not there yet, and I still think Walcott will have more to offer (hopefully without any ramifications from the injury) so I'd give it at least 4 years of development before doing the typically British tactic of over hyping and then vilifying a player because he couldn't handle the scrutiny.

We could be in the relegation area and we'll still finish above Spurs :lol:.
I fear that De Boer could take Tottenham to new heights :

- Finances enough to keep up with other big teams
- Decent squad depth
- Good individual quality per player
- Can't really do much worse then AVB/Sherwood

This is all nice and dandy but not without the right manager. What De Boer has done with Ajax just shows how much he can do with Tottenham. If this deal comes into place then I see Tottenham seriously contending for the EPL and CL spots again. I don't see anyone else they can get really other than Van Gaal, but if I were in there position I'd take De Boer immediately, more for the long term improvement. Wenger's not leaving this year so chances of us getting De Boer instead are slim to none.

inb4 Too much faith in Tottenham.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
I fear that De Boer could take Tottenham to new heights :

- Finances enough to keep up with other big teams
- Decent squad depth
- Good individual quality per player
- Can't really do much worse then AVB/Sherwood

This is all nice and dandy but not without the right manager. What De Boer has done with Ajax just shows how much he can do with Tottenham. If this deal comes into place then I see Tottenham seriously contending for the EPL and CL spots again.

inb4 Too much faith in Tottenham.

I don't about an EPL challenge tbh. How good will they be away from home??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest