The Student Room Group

TSR has unrealistic beauty standards. Appreciate these women instead!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skd1996
What?

*Doesn't believe in the objectification of women*

... *Boobs are centrepiece of profile pic*
Don't find any of them attractive though. Inner beauty is all well and good until you get to the bedroom and your dick won't get hard.
Don't you think that by dedicating a thread to successful women, you're drawing attention to their relative rarity?

Just a bit ironic, that's all.
They're all fantastic women and human beings, but they're not physically attractive.

But I see with not much surprise that 14 TSR crazies can't appreciate that distinction.
Reply 64
Original post by FriendlyLiberal
The recent thread objectifying women made me realise TSR has unrealistic beauty standards. I fear that some of the young women reading TSR may have been adversely affected by that thread since we cannot compare to those airbrushed images with perfect lighting and makeup. It also tells us our beauty is all that matters, when instead we should be valued for our inner beauty, our education, our careers, our achievements, our strength and independence.

Therefore I am starting this thread to share great, inspiring women that we can look up to.

Marie Curie - won two Nobel Prizes :smile:

Jane Austen - wrote some awesome books :smile:

Andrea Dworkin - promoted women's rights :smile:

Angela Merkel - German Chancellor and most powerful person in Europe :smile:

Hillary Clinton - possibly the next President of the United States :smile:

Oprah Winfrey - talk show host and billionaire :smile:

Women of TSR: you can achieve and do anything! Follow your dreams, ignore the bitter sexless men on TSR, and be awesome! :biggrin:

Everyone: let's start valuing women for their inner beauty and their contributions to the world. Please share your inspiring women in this thread! :smile:

Curie and Austen- fair enough.

Dworkin is divisive.

Hillary might have viewed empowerment of women in the Middle East as important but that didn't stop her government deploying drones in the region.

Andrea Merkel has been chief cheerleader for European austerity.

Winfrey has done a lot of good but she also popularised trashy tabloid talk show TV.

I would seriously question your "liberal" credentials based on these selections. You seem to like the idea of being a liberal more than actually being one. If you wanted to make a thread in support of the sisterhood today, Helena Costa might have been a nice start.

My own contribution-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constance_Markievicz

Although she's slightly tainted by affiliation with Fianna Fail after the Irish Civil War she was much more of a liberal firebrand than Winfrey, Clinton or Merkel could ever hope to be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FriendlyLiberal
The recent thread objectifying women made me realise TSR has unrealistic beauty standards. I fear that some of the young women reading TSR may have been adversely affected by that thread since we cannot compare to those airbrushed images with perfect lighting and makeup. It also tells us our beauty is all that matters, when instead we should be valued for our inner beauty, our education, our careers, our achievements, our strength and independence.

Therefore I am starting this thread to share great, inspiring women that we can look up to.

Marie Curie - won two Nobel Prizes :smile:

Jane Austen - wrote some awesome books :smile:

Andrea Dworkin - promoted women's rights :smile:

Angela Merkel - German Chancellor and most powerful person in Europe :smile:

Hillary Clinton - possibly the next President of the United States :smile:

Oprah Winfrey - talk show host and billionaire :smile:

Women of TSR: you can achieve and do anything! Follow your dreams, ignore the bitter sexless men on TSR, and be awesome! :biggrin:

Everyone: let's start valuing women for their inner beauty and their contributions to the world. Please share your inspiring women in this thread! :smile:

All are notable women but if someone wants to appreciate physical beauty then why should they post about women they do not find physically attractive? If the thread asked users to post about notable women then I am sure they would have posted about women with 'inner' beauty or those who have achieved a lot.
In their youth I bet 100pound they were extremely attractive

Still they look very attractive for their age
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga
why do you have to go an post ugly women?

ugly women!?

Who are you to judge?
Original post by LostGear
ugly women!?

Who are you to judge?

I dont know his name but its clear that based on their appearance (saggy tits, wrinkly faces, scruffy hair etc) he would not want to have a romantic relationship with any of them. Fair enough its his decision.

Original post by ChickenMadness
Don't find any of them attractive though. Inner beauty is all well and good until you get to the bedroom and your dick won't get hard.

Wouldnt get as far as the bedroom. The very fact I find their appearance repulsive is reason enough for me not to try and pull them. I cant help it if I think someone is mingin. You wouldnt eat food you disliked so.................
Original post by Laomedeia
I dont know his name but its clear that based on their appearance (saggy tits, wrinkly faces, scruffy hair etc) he would not want to have a romantic relationship with any of them. Fair enough its his decision.

Wouldnt get as far as the bedroom. The very fact I find their appearance repulsive is reason enough for me not to try and pull them. I cant help it if I think someone is mingin. You wouldnt eat food you disliked so.................

she is a girl
Reply 70
ugly women!?

Who are you to judge?

lol why can't I judge?

Some of them are damn ugly. To me anyway.
Original post by Tai Ga
lol why can't I judge?

Some of them are damn ugly. To me anyway.

It's not an attractive feature to have. Judging other people's look.

Your opinion.

Your opinion.

You do realise that all people judge people based on their appearances right? A lot do it consciously and all do it subconsciously.
Reply 73

Your opinion.

Most people judge looks. How do you think intimate relationships form? :dunce: You're naive as hell if you think people don't judge on looks

Hence why i stated "to me anyway".

Your opinion.

You know that everyone judges people on looks right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
You know that everyone judges people on looks right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a difference between judging people on their looks (which, yes, everyone does) and being rude about it.
Original post by Anonymous Coward
It's also not really 'unrealistic standards' when the thread is about the 'perfect' body.

Problem comes when you get people who are like "girls over a size 12 are ugly lol" or "3/10 would not bang" or whatever.
Original post by Катя
There's a difference between judging people on their looks (which, yes, everyone does) and being rude about it.

Tru dat but those bishes are pretty gross tbh.
Original post by Катя
Problem comes when you get people who are like "girls over a size 12 are ugly lol" or "3/10 would not bang" or whatever.

Definitely.
This thread needs more Nigella Lawson.

Quick Reply

Latest