The Student Room Group

Beauty in the eyes of the media and how it affects young girls

Can u guys give me some questions about my speech on toxic beauty standards?
Original post by Graziellax

Some good discussion points include:
- The starting point of pressure aimed towards women in regards to beauty
- What are the examples of pressures gained from the media
- How would the world be different if these beauty standards weren't considered at all (didn't exist)
Reply 2
Original post by Graziellax

how its bad for mental health , especially for teens
ppl become insecure
money making scheme, making everyone feel inadequate, and advertising solutions to their problems ( insecurity) makes money ,
unhealthy, deaths linked with anorexia, plastic surgery changes features of perosn and symbolises people wanting to remove traces of their ancestory, chances are you may have an ancestors nose shape, you removing things that makes you you...
religion , perhaps going against God, telling people to change how God created them and for what?
Reply 3
Original post by ambrxxn1
how its bad for mental health , especially for teens
ppl become insecure
money making scheme, making everyone feel inadequate, and advertising solutions to their problems ( insecurity) makes money ,
unhealthy, deaths linked with anorexia, plastic surgery changes features of perosn and symbolises people wanting to remove traces of their ancestory, chances are you may have an ancestors nose shape, you removing things that makes you you...
religion , perhaps going against God, telling people to change how God created them and for what?

Thanks! :smile:)
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Some good discussion points include:
- The starting point of pressure aimed towards women in regards to beauty
- What are the examples of pressures gained from the media
- How would the world be different if these beauty standards weren't considered at all (didn't exist)

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest