The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Absolutely sickening that Kieran Gibbs is overlooked. Roy Hodgson is actually stupid.

I was absolutely gob smacked that he didn't get picked in. Gibbs has been great (with a few down performances at time).
If it was fitness related than I'd understand but hasn't he recovered by now, and shouldn't he be fully recovered by June? :s-smilie:
Drmic's gone. Leverkusen for 6m euros.
Original post by 419
It honestly isn't. People went further from the Ronaldo comparison and did say that he'd win Balon D'or that I should just sit and watch. I had the conversation.
They are based off the same thing, its just asking will he fulfil his potential. Regardless who with, some guy on twitter? Point being, I haven't heard anyone hyping his current ability. He's not even a nailed starter in a terrible United side.

On here, I can remember a few troll thread about it and people calling Januzaj hype boy. It's because the hype went into overdrive.
Tbh, I see more people trolling about it, than actually saying it.
Original post by Peggles_*
Drmic's gone. Leverkusen for 6m euros.

Hopefully we can do better
Janu swag is overrated
Reply 3025
Original post by jam278
Janu swag is overrated

I think sterling is better
Original post by SHOO
I think sterling is better

I don't think 'think' is the right word to use here.

Januzaj just had one good game against Scumderland and he's been talked about future balon d'or.

Had the argument with MU15 about Januzaj being overrated and not going to be a future balon d'or winner. He'll do well under LVG though. He seems to like his youngsters.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3027
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That me teary...you can tell he's a good guy at heart then, I'm just disappointed at how we've treated him.

Yeah generally seems decent enough...
But he'll always receieve some stick and rightly so for walking out on us..but yeah, some fans do go overboard...
But definitely should not get more or same amount of abuse as RVP...he was just outright rude and stupid!

Personally, I congratulate Nasri...he's won 2 league titles, and an FA Cup (i think) and leaugue cup...that's more than what we've won so far...though we have a great chance to put a number on it with the FA cup this year.

And if he stayed, with a bunch of others, maybe (maybe), we would've already ended the trophy "drought"
Yeah lol some guy niceguy95 was like 'nasri and clichy have been carried to another league title'. such a scummy, bitter set of fans you guys have
Also credit to Zurich for incessant trolling of Liverpool on these boards since Sunday. Shame nobody cba to take the bait
Original post by moey3
But he'll always receieve some stick and rightly so for walking out on us..but yeah, some fans do go overboard...
But definitely should not get more or same amount of abuse as RVP...he was just outright rude and stupid!

Personally, I congratulate Nasri...he's won 2 league titles, and an FA Cup (i think) and leaugue cup...that's more than what we've won so far...though we have a great chance to put a number on it with the FA cup this year.

And if he stayed, with a bunch of others, maybe (maybe), we would've already ended the trophy "drought"

The stick started while he was still with us as well. Away at Newcastle when Gervinho slapped Barton (lool) you could clearly hear chants of "Sami, you're a ****" on the telly and I even think he tweeted about how hurt he was to hear the songs about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moey3

Nasri left at a young point of his career. He didn't owe the club as much as the likes of RVP or Fabregas who we nurtured for so long, so I've never really hated the guy as much. Snarky comments from him aren't a surprise really he was young and by now I think he's matured a lot more. He was praising Wenger for reaching the final and said he really hopes we win (could just be saying it to look good).

I can see him leaving City in the future. 2 years maybe? Maybe we'll be waiting :wink:
Original post by White Dress
Yeah lol some guy niceguy95 was like 'nasri and clichy have been carried to another league title'. such a scummy, bitter set of fans you guys have

Not ALL Arsenal fans. Every club has their scum, remember that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not ALL Arsenal fans. Every club has their scum, remember that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peggles honey, it's G, you know the one who told you the truth about Wenger before it took a 6-0 thrashing for you to realise it.

Your fans are worse than everyone else's. Honestly. Massive inferiority complex everywhere. There's a reason why Gibbs is being overlooked and that's because he's ****. When I dared to criticise Koscielny and Mertesacker you saw the backlash I received. Arsenal fans live in a state where they are the best club in the whole world and are only being denied quadruples by the media/FA/injuries/corruption.
Reply 3034
Original post by AR_95
Nasri left at a young point of his career. He didn't owe the club as much as the likes of RVP or Fabregas who we nurtured for so long, so I've never really hated the guy as much. Snarky comments from him aren't a surprise really he was young and by now I think he's matured a lot more. He was praising Wenger for reaching the final and said he really hopes we win (could just be saying it to look good).

I can see him leaving City in the future. 2 years maybe? Maybe we'll be waiting :wink:

Haha yeah...if someone like real come in with a £500,000 a week contract!

Yeah i think that's why fans hated him even more because of the comments (esp after he won the first prem league...should've just kept his mouth shut!)
Reply 3035
The stick started while he was still with us as well. Away at Newcastle when Gervinho slapped Barton (lool) you could clearly hear chants of "Sami, you're a ****" on the telly and I even think he tweeted about how hurt he was to hear the songs about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't particularly seem to remember the abuse before he left (though my memory is terrible).
I remember people cheering especially when he was scoring and doing some neat stuff...
Was this near the end of his time at arsenal? (might explain it)

Gervinho slapped barton!!! LOOOL! (see can't even remember that....google time :P)
Reply 3036

Poetic if you ask me. He was complaining about the lack of passion and atmosphere as well. He was all but gone at this stage.
(edited 9 years ago)
Peggles honey, it's G, you know the one who told you the truth about Wenger before it took a 6-0 thrashing for you to realise it.

Your fans are worse than everyone else's. Honestly. Massive inferiority complex everywhere. There's a reason why Gibbs is being overlooked and that's because he's ****. When I dared to criticise Koscielny and Mertesacker you saw the backlash I received. Arsenal fans live in a state where they are the best club in the whole world and are only being denied quadruples by the media/FA/injuries/corruption.

I've had doubts about Arsene for some time now, getting beats from Chelsea/Liverpool didn't make me wake up and smell the coffee but rather, pass the mug around.

Lool but you're a Liverpool fan. All this talk about neutrals wanting you to win the league was just pure lies. You people are insufferable when you finish 7th ffs, the whole of the sporting world did not want to hear you lot bleat on like you are the greatest thing since Jesus himself if you happened to win the league. That's why there appears to be a massive sigh of relief that you didn't. Gibbs is ****? You clearly haven't watch him this season or when you have it's been against Chelsea when everyone was ****.

Feel free to criticise Koscielny and Mertesacker they get criticised by gooners. The only time you will get a backlash is when you say patently obvious things like "Mertesacker is slow" or "Koscielny is irrational" because we know.

We are a long way off from being the best team in the world when we aren't even the best team in our league so I don't even know what you are on about there (as per usual)

You are a Liverpool fan, the media love you (Which is nothing short of sickening IMO) so I don't expect you to acknowledge that there is a media bias against us. BBC/MOTD, Talk****, Sky Sports are all guilty of it. Compare how they are with Wenger to Mou and previously Fergie, it's disgusting at times.

If you honestly think the injuries we have had no bearing on our performances and slide in the league then that's you and your ****ed brain, but when you take the spin out of any team they will struggle, no two ways about it.

I don't see any Arsenal fans blaming the FA or supposed corruption that you talk of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget FFP...
why the bbc are even reporting xavi transfer rumours is smh. can only imagine some of the gassed arsenal/city/utd fans on twitter the past few days.

Latest