The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moey3
Yeah generally seems decent enough...
But he'll always receieve some stick and rightly so for walking out on us..but yeah, some fans do go overboard...
But definitely should not get more or same amount of abuse as RVP...he was just outright rude and stupid!

Personally, I congratulate Nasri...he's won 2 league titles, and an FA Cup (i think) and leaugue cup...that's more than what we've won so far...though we have a great chance to put a number on it with the FA cup this year.

And if he stayed, with a bunch of others, maybe (maybe), we would've already ended the trophy "drought"

I don't think its just Nasri, if we had kept more players as a collective things would be different probably. But us Arsenal fans need to stop with all the "What if" or "what could have been" nonsense haha. Maybe this summer might be one to remember? For all the right reasons.
Peggles be preaching...:cool:
The good football fans will say that Arsenal have improved in 2013-14, they actually challenged for the title, which they didn't do in the previous two seasons, I believe they were even in "relegation form" between March and September 2011. Yes, it's true that injuries have ruined Arsenal's season, only when an Arsenal team with all their players fit cannot beat a title contender will the criticism be justified...

Plus they finished with MORE points than when they won the league in 1998. If that is not an achievement, I wonder what is...
Reply 3043
Original post by jam278
I don't think 'think' is the right word to use here.

Januzaj just had one good game against Scumderland and he's been talked about future balon d'or.

Had the argument with MU15 about Januzaj being overrated and not going to be a future balon d'or winner. He'll do well under LVG though. He seems to like his youngsters.

Lol, you'll be suprised to see how intolerant this place can get if the term "think" isn't used haha.

I think the hype around Januzaj lies with the media's obsession with united.

I'm sure I read a paper one day where he was being compared to messi loool.

Heck, I'm gna go as far as saying Gnabry is better. He just hasn't had enough play time to justify it
Reply 3044
Original post by White Dress
Peggles honey, it's G, you know the one who told you the truth about Wenger before it took a 6-0 thrashing for you to realise it.

Your fans are worse than everyone else's. Honestly. Massive inferiority complex everywhere. There's a reason why Gibbs is being overlooked and that's because he's ****. When I dared to criticise Koscielny and Mertesacker you saw the backlash I received. Arsenal fans live in a state where they are the best club in the whole world and are only being denied quadruples by the media/FA/injuries/corruption.

Honestly, I think you'll find that every team has it's set off overhyped & unrealistic fans.

To be fair I havn't heard anyone talk about us being denied by the media & corruption and the FA :/ just injuries. Some fans have it for other teams fans because they deal with a handful of mugs and then for some reason, every other fan is steriotyped to be like that!

I have a friend who hates Arsenal, not because of any rivalry, but because of two fans :/ it's a bit ridiculous really.

I'm sure you can pick out extremes in any football team?
Original post by SHOO
Honestly, I think you'll find that every team has it's set off overhyped & unrealistic fans.

To be fair I havn't heard anyone talk about us being denied by the media & corruption and the FA :/ just injuries. Some fans have it for other teams fans because they deal with a handful of mugs and then for some reason, every other fan is steriotyped to be like that!

I have a friend who hates Arsenal, not because of any rivalry, but because of two fans :/ it's a bit ridiculous really.

Why are you even responding to him? He's a bitter Liverpool fan looking for a reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3046
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I don't think its just Nasri, if we had kept more players as a collective things would be different probably. But us Arsenal fans need to stop with all the "What if" or "what could have been" nonsense haha. Maybe this summer might be one to remember? For all the right reasons.

Hahaha true!
but to be fair, i think most fans would say "what if" etc, ie liverpool fans might say, what if we hadn't let a 3 goal lead slip to draw 3-3 to CP etc etc..

Maybe us arsenal fans just do it more lol! (maybe to try and even the keel...seeing as how split the fanbase has become)
I read something about Thierry Henry possibly retiring this season as his contract for NYRB expires this summer and he hasn't resigned. The source said something about how it may be the reason to why Arsenal have a friendly with them this pre season as it could be his last match/sending off.

We've all moved on from him a while ago but this still makes me feel quite sad. One of Arsenals greatest legends, and my childhood idol. Sad to think we will probably never have some one like Thierry Henry again.

I really want to buy this pre season match's tickets!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Diego Costa's going to Chelsea.
Original post by Kruz

It's hardly news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3050
Original post by Kruz

I think his form here will be quite different to his form in Spain.

It obviously may well improve but I can see him struggling to settle in for the first season or so
Original post by AR_95
It's hardly news

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know, but it's been properly confirmed now

Original post by SHOO
I think his form here will be quite different to his form in Spain.

It obviously may well improve but I can see him struggling to settle in for the first season or so

Yeah we'll see though, but Arsene said no business will happen before the WC. Well Drmic, Costa and Shaw (On the verge).

If Wenger's going to do business before the WC, you can say good-bye to all our targets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3052
Original post by Kruz
Yes I know, but it's been properly confirmed now

Yeah we'll see though, but Arsene said no business will happen before the WC. Well Drmic, Costa and Shaw (On the verge).

If Wenger's going to do business before the WC, you can say good-bye to all our targets.

Yeah. I was just thinking that.

Though I do admire Wenger, I really despise his attitude towards the tranfser market, and how he doesn't buy early on.

Players should be bought early and be allowed to bond with their team mates, play the pre season friendlies and then be ready to go for the season.

If we win the FA cup, we'll have te charity shield to play for and judging from the past.. It seems we'll have no one new for that game.

Only difference would be us being with Sagna :frown:
Original post by SHOO
Yeah. I was just thinking that.

Though I do admire Wenger, I really despise his attitude towards the tranfser market, and how he doesn't buy early on.

Players should be bought early and be allowed to bond with their team mates, play the pre season friendlies and then be ready to go for the season.

If we win the FA cup, we'll have te charity shield to play for and judging from the past.. It seems we'll have no one new for that game.

Only difference would be us being with Sagna :frown:

Yup he's so behind the times :frown:.
Original post by Peggles_*
I've had doubts about Arsene for some time now, getting beats from Chelsea/Liverpool didn't make me wake up and smell the coffee but rather, pass the mug around.

Lool but you're a Liverpool fan. All this talk about neutrals wanting you to win the league was just pure lies. You people are insufferable when you finish 7th ffs, the whole of the sporting world did not want to hear you lot bleat on like you are the greatest thing since Jesus himself if you happened to win the league. That's why there appears to be a massive sigh of relief that you didn't. Gibbs is ****? You clearly haven't watch him this season or when you have it's been against Chelsea when everyone was ****.

Feel free to criticise Koscielny and Mertesacker they get criticised by gooners. The only time you will get a backlash is when you say patently obvious things like "Mertesacker is slow" or "Koscielny is irrational" because we know.

We are a long way off from being the best team in the world when we aren't even the best team in our league so I don't even know what you are on about there (as per usual)

You are a Liverpool fan, the media love you (Which is nothing short of sickening IMO) so I don't expect you to acknowledge that there is a media bias against us. BBC/MOTD, Talk****, Sky Sports are all guilty of it. Compare how they are with Wenger to Mou and previously Fergie, it's disgusting at times.

If you honestly think the injuries we have had no bearing on our performances and slide in the league then that's you and your ****ed brain, but when you take the spin out of any team they will struggle, no two ways about it.

I don't see any Arsenal fans blaming the FA or supposed corruption that you talk of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Passionate pegs baby, passionate.

No reason why you had to point out that I'm a Liverpool fan and rant at me for being one though, it doesn't answer the original point.

I've been saying Gibbs is overrated for the whole season pretty much. When I pointed out his flaws on here nobody could reply. Cba for that discussion again. He's an all round decent player but nothing special and prone to costly mistakes. He doesn't live up to Clichy/Cole.

I get a backlash on here every single time I criticise anything about Koscielny and Mertesacker. Now people like Zurich have their BFG hardons obviously but when I even point out some of Koscielny's flaws, usually decent posters piss their knickers and go mental. Every single time.
Original post by SHOO

Plenty of people on TSR and in your fanbase as a whole have been whining about anti-Arsenal agendas in the media. People on here even have delusions that guys like Hansen go out of their way to put you down.

Of course there are extremes in any team, I'm just saying that it's more prominent in you guys.
Passionate pegs baby, passionate.

No reason why you had to point out that I'm a Liverpool fan and rant at me for being one though, it doesn't answer the original point.

I've been saying Gibbs is overrated for the whole season pretty much. When I pointed out his flaws on here nobody could reply. Cba for that discussion again. He's an all round decent player but nothing special and prone to costly mistakes. He doesn't live up to Clichy/Cole.

I get a backlash on here every single time I criticise anything about Koscielny and Mertesacker. Now people like Zurich have their BFG hardons obviously but when I even point out some of Koscielny's flaws, usually decent posters piss their knickers and go mental. Every single time.

I totally agree.

Gibbs is so over-rated in English football. That must explain why an inexperienced 18 year old took his place at the World Cup!

Anyway, speaking of "over-rated"...

Didn't you say a few weeks ago that Rodgers is a better manager than Wenger, that Liverpool has the "most leaders in their XI" in comparison to any other team in the league, that Sterling is the best young player in the world, that Tixiera would do a good job at Liverpool? And now you're on the Liverpool thread drooling over the prospect of Lallana supporting your strike-force

No one on this thread takes your analysis seriously bruv.
Original post by little_tom
I totally agree.

Gibbs is so over-rated in English football. That must explain why an inexperienced 18 year old took his place at the World Cup!

Didn't you say a few weeks ago that Rodgers is a better manager than Wenger, that Liverpool has the "most leaders in their XI" in comparison to any other team in the league, that Sterling is the best young player in the world, that Tixiera would do a good job at Liverpool? And now you're on the Liverpool thread drooling over the prospect of Lallana supporting your strike-force

Gibbs is overrated by you morons, English football rates him just fine.

I recall slagging Wenger off, not comparing him to Rodgers. I'd take Rodgers today though, definitely.

I said Liverpool has more leaders than Arsenal, or rather I said that Arsenal don't have any leaders.

I said that Sterling was the best teenager in the world, and I maintain that.

I don't remember saying anything about Teixeira

quote or piss off, or go back to making memes tommy
Gibbs is overrated by you morons, English football rates him just fine.

I recall slagging Wenger off, not comparing him to Rodgers. I'd take Rodgers today though, definitely.

I said Liverpool has more leaders than Arsenal, or rather I said that Arsenal don't have any leaders.

I said that Sterling was the best teenager in the world, and I maintain that.

I don't remember saying anything about Teixeira

quote or piss off, or go back to making memes tommy

He's not over-rated by us. He's a good left back and fits into our system well. You can easily tell the difference when Monreal plays and when Gibbs play. No one claims that he's a world beater like how Liverpool fans rate Sterling, Flanagen, and err... Gerrard (past it)

I cba finding quotes. You definitely said Wenger was a failure and Rodgers is a better manager because "he's going to win the league in his second season" and has had less time to develop his squad.

don't backtrack
Original post by little_tom
I totally agree.

I thought everyone had him on ignore tbh.

Latest