The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

What're the locals in Sussex/Brighton like?

I'm a Londoner myself, North to be specific, from what you may call a 'rough' area... So I'm really looking forward to living somewhere a little more pleasant, and a lot less shifty, which is the impression I get of Sussex and Brighton.

But does anybody have any first hand experience? Is it pretty safe and uneventful living there? I'd love to spend a few years somewhere where 'nothing ever happens', it'd be a nice change for sure.
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2

Hahaha, brilliant. "12 REMAIN DEAD IN MORGUE FIRE" made me chuckle.
Original post by Fredinho
I'm a Londoner myself, North to be specific, from what you may call a 'rough' area... So I'm really looking forward to living somewhere a little more pleasant, and a lot less shifty, which is the impression I get of Sussex and Brighton.

But does anybody have any first hand experience? Is it pretty safe and uneventful living there? I'd love to spend a few years somewhere where 'nothing ever happens', it'd be a nice change for sure.

Quite a few of us who work at TSR live in Brighton, so we'd be some of the locals :tongue:

Compared to where I'm from (a tiny town in Yorkshire) Brighton is pretty 'eventful'. But compared to what I hear about rougher areas of London, it's a lot quieter and safer.

My wife is also from North London and she perceives Brighton as a much more relaxing and friendly place than London, but still big enough to have everything you need and has loads going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending