The Student Room Group

AQA ELLA 1 & 2 revision!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nerdynatalie
Well, I can remember some key quotes, but I haven't actually learnt them yet, I'm going to remember like 2 for each character. Depends if in the scene they're portrayed as good or bad people tbh

How are you revising for Measure for Measure?
Original post by beaglesbeagles
ah brilliant thank you! this is going to sound really silly but what do you mean by structure? like a plan for how to construct essays?

Like talk about whether it's poetry or prose, and adjacency pairs, dominant speaker and agenda setter, that's all I do for structure
Original post by apatel31
How are you revising for Measure for Measure?

Reading the book, key quotes, layout of my essay etc, I don't really know how I'm meant to revise
Original post by nerdynatalie
Like talk about whether it's poetry or prose, and adjacency pairs, dominant speaker and agenda setter, that's all I do for structure

oh brilliant thanks again :smile:
Did anyone choose A street car named desire for the production question? That was tricky! :/
Reply 65
Original post by FahiimaAkhtar
Did anyone choose A street car named desire for the production question? That was tricky! :/

I thought the question was a treat, i portrayed Stella to be confused and guilty, i structured the letter to keep swapping between her guilt and regret for sending Blanche away and then the fact she actually did the right thing with everyone being much happier with Blanche's departure. It wasnt the best question but it sure wasnt the worst, just hope we all get good marks ey!
Reply 66
Original post by OllieeW
I thought the question was a treat, i portrayed Stella to be confused and guilty, i structured the letter to keep swapping between her guilt and regret for sending Blanche away and then the fact she actually did the right thing with everyone being much happier with Blanche's departure. It wasnt the best question but it sure wasnt the worst, just hope we all get good marks ey!

I too thought that the question was a good question as it could have been a lot worse, I did basically what you did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by praiseob
I too thought that the question was a good question as it could have been a lot worse, I did basically what you did

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly the same thing, had Stell acting as though she did the right thing but felt really guilty, I had trouble trying to sound like her though :/
Hey guys it went alright. Explained earlier in thread situation with school so would be content to just get a C (:s-smilie:) and then avoid the 2nd year like a plague. Grade boundaries hopefully just below 50 on each paper. They've been like 50 out of 75 for both papers (i.e. ELLA1 and ELLA2) for the past couple of years. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
I'm doing those too, but measure for measure for ELLA 2! I'm so scared tomorrow, see our teacher for kite runner left over 2 months ago, and from September till February, all we did for kite runner was analyse 3 random scenes in the play. So there's no chance of me passing that! ARGHHH I was hoping for an A but i'm probably gonna get a C tomorrow. I can get an A in ELLA 2 which hopefully would go to a B which I wouldn't be unhappy about. But i'm not ready for tomorrow :frown:

The exam was OK. Could have been much mjuch harder. Kite Runner for production task and Streetcar from analytical question!1
Reply 70
Any advice for Section A of ELLA2?
Reply 71
Any advice for Section A of ELLA2?

I need structural advice for this, I saw some exemplar answers today from Aqa and some people had done really detailed plans in the exam..I was just gonna do my introduction and pick comparison points and add speech terminology :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i was having problems understanding structure and i spoke to my cousin who did A level english language (i think if not it may have been lit) and she got almost full marks amd an A she advised me that her strategy structure wise was STAR paragraphing
Statement
Text
Analysis
Relevance
Then a new paragraph in the same format so thats what im going to do hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by beaglesbeagles
Well i was having problems understanding structure and i spoke to my cousin who did A level english language (i think if not it may have been lit) and she got almost full marks amd an A she advised me that her strategy structure wise was STAR paragraphing
Statement
Text
Analysis
Relevance
Then a new paragraph in the same format so thats what im going to do hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks this was very helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILikeBoats
The exam was OK. Could have been much mjuch harder. Kite Runner for production task and Streetcar from analytical question!1

Yeah true, I did the same but I didnt like the production task, oh well glad its iver and done with now
Reply 75

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you please provide a link for the AQA exemplar answers?
Hey - for your next exam - hopefully this will be of use to you :smile:

http://blog.meetmytutor.com/how-to-score-100-in-any-exam-in-just-2-weeks/ :smile:
Reply 77
Could you please provide a link for the AQA exemplar answers?

They were on secure key materials, only teachers have access to it and my teacher shown me them on her laptop..sorry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Hi who's revising for measure for measure and how?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah you're welcome just sharing the knowledge that was shared with me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending