The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology help from a predicted 'A' grade student.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Can someone tell me what to write for social policies as a 24 marker question. I don't know what to write for it, mine is really basic.
Reply 81
Original post by AyeshaAK
My teacher said most likely that social construction of childhood, demography or divorce(new right) may come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've got to have atleast a few on your essays, for example when mentioning radical feminist it would be advisable to mention the name of the theorist such as Germaine Greer!
HOW DID IT GO GUYS? I ACTUALLY LOVED THE PAPER! except the symmetrical question :smile: That stupid extract didn't have enough for me to say 3 features of it so I bet i've lost 2 marks on that yup
I found it ok in all honesty! I don't like how they put divorce and marriage together but I still got it done :smile: The ageing population was ok but what did everyone include?
Reply 85
Couldn't think of what was a bean pole family guess I've lost 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guessed bean pole as extended family
My teacher never thought to tell us what a beanpole family is -
it's a small, linear family tree asically just consisting of

Parent-----Parent

|
Child
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by euphoric-state
My teacher never thought to tell us what a beanpole family is -
it's a small, linear family tree asically just consisting of

Parent-----Parent
|
Child

it's grandparents too :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
No one knew the first ****ing question lmao. It almost decreased my confidence for the paper. I was expecting policy and a little bit more feminism but oh well. I felt as if I wracked my brains trying to pack in as much extra revision as possible yesterday (went to bed at 2) only to find out that the huge topics didn't even come up. However, I still think it was a good paper and I think I did fairly well. I mentioned sociological views here and there where I felt it was necessary...none of the questions were explicitly asking for specific views which was annoying.
EDIT: I realise the rules only apply to Edexcel exams so I'll discuss now lmao
(edited 9 years ago)
WHO AGREED SOCIOLOGY WAS AWFUL:frown: I only wrote a page for the last question
For the symmetrical question, i put geographically isolated,young and affluent for a feature, is that right?
Original post by sophia1245
WHO AGREED SOCIOLOGY WAS AWFUL:frown: I only wrote a page for the last question

I thought it was awfull!! I didn't even write a page for the last question, had no idea what to put other than dependency and strain on services..
Reply 94
Original post by Alexandra0
I thought it was awfull!! I didn't even write a page for the last question, had no idea what to put other than dependency and strain on services..

I wrote that too and social problems in family that woman have to care for them
Then u could add in the femenist doesn't like it
only thing i knew was what a beanpole was:frown: i completly forgot to do conclusions too im so stupid:frown:
Original post by FlowC
I wrote that too and social problems in family that woman have to care for them
Then u could add in the femenist doesn't like it

Yeah, so hard just hope the boundaries are low! For one of the features of symmetrical family i put geographical isolated,affluent and young but think thats not relevant!
Reply 97
Original post by Alexandra0
Yeah, so hard just hope the boundaries are low! For one of the features of symmetrical family i put geographical isolated,affluent and young but think thats not relevant!

For symmetrical family I just wrote how the division of labour is equally shared, So both does housework and child care, and women going of to work
Original post by FlowC
For symmetrical family I just wrote how the division of labour is equally shared, So both does housework and child care, and women going of to work

Yeah i put that but couldn't think of a third one so just put who was most likely to be symmetrical.

For the divorce question what did you say?
Reply 99
I loved this exam paper! Everything was what I was strongest with in revision and the first question was a keyword that I went over last night. Feeling good about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending