The Student Room Group

AQA ELLA 1 & 2 revision!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILikeBoats
The exam was OK. Could have been much mjuch harder. Kite Runner for production task and Streetcar from analytical question!1

Hi, I'm doing Ella 2 as well tomorrow. I just wanted to clarify the 50/75?
and getting an A. I was under the impression the at 60% you get a C so how does that work for an A.

I checked earlier about the A level scores and this is what was on it for a C, can you let me know where you check these things?

Thanks
Original post by praiseob
I don't know individual grade boundaries for each section, and the grade boundaries do fluctuate each year dependent on how everyone does but last year with both section A and B you needed 50/75 for an A in Ella 1 and 47/75 for an A in Ella 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, can you let me know where you find out about these scores as I was under the impression that 60% overall gave you a C. I saw somewhere that an A was 80%. I'm not sure about how the grade bounderies change each year etc as I'm doing this course in 4 months from home so have no teacher but tutor that I sent Tma's to for marking and feedback. I have had no help other than that so been reading and re-reading to understand all the terms to use for Ella 2 tomorrow and reading a couple of extracts over and over to try to remember something for part B
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
Yeah true, I did the same but I didnt like the production task, oh well glad its iver and done with now

Just tomorrow now.
Original post by Chrystal43
and getting an A. I was under the impression the at 60% you get a C so how does that work for an A.

I checked earlier about the A level scores and this is what was on it for a C, can you let me know where you check these things?

Thanks

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries

Under the 'Grade Boundaries Archives' section for each respective academic year. Knock yourself out! :smile:
Just tomorrow now.

I know yeah but I like ELLA 2, I love language and find it easier, just hope they do a nice question for measure for measure
Reply 85
Good luck everyone for today!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
How did everyone find it? I thought section a was really good but section b was awful for all my sons :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. I think I should've wrote more about stage directions, I only spoke about one and it was really quickly at the end!
Measure for measure was a good question, and section a was pretty cool too, not a bad exam
Oh man section A was just beautiful, I was on a complete roll there. Feeling pretty confident with it. Whereas section B on All My Sons.. eugh. Not the greatest question in the world. I don't believe I did too badly, but it wasn't exactly fantastic
I found all my sons awful. If I didn't use any stage directions/proxemics and sentence structure could I still get a good mark. Also I only did one quote for the other episode :frown:
Reply 91
Original post by farzana begum
I found all my sons awful. If I didn't use any stage directions/proxemics and sentence structure could I still get a good mark. Also I only did one quote for the other episode :frown:

All my sons was really bad, the question was hard to explain thought quotes, because what was said wasn't wasn't what was meant and I just found it difficult :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
All my sons was really bad, the question was hard to explain thought quotes, because what was said wasn't wasn't what was meant and I just found it difficult :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi does anyone know if the exam was to be written proper essay style as I found that there was not much time to figure everything out and structure also. Not studied in ages so don't really know the form.

I have Ella 3 on 3rd June and I think they give you hal an hour to organise for an essay style.

Any info on how everyone else wrote today will be much appreiciated.

Thanks
Reply 93
Original post by mirrali1
Hi does anyone know if the exam was to be written proper essay style as I found that there was not much time to figure everything out and structure also. Not studied in ages so don't really know the form.

I have Ella 3 on 3rd June and I think they give you hal an hour to organise for an essay style.

Any info on how everyone else wrote today will be much appreiciated.

Thanks

I pretty sure you're meant to write in an essay format? What do you mean? I've got Ella 3 as well and when I've practiced the essay they've always been in an essay format...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to do a Joe Keller and blow my brains out when I saw that All My Sons question, Jesus! The boundaries, I'm hoping, are even lowere than what they usually are!
Reply 95
I wanted to do a Joe Keller and blow my brains out when I saw that All My Sons question, Jesus! The boundaries, I'm hoping, are even lowere than what they usually are!

It was just sooo bad. His 'deceptive nature' wasn't something that was easily explained in that scene. What he was saying was what he meant but the reason behind it was different and you can't really analyse reasoning through speech...I just found it really difficult but I think I did really well on section A so let's just hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
I pretty sure you're meant to write in an essay format? What do you mean? I've got Ella 3 as well and when I've practiced the essay they've always been in an essay format...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,yeah I think i really missed out doing proper paragraphs etc. does anyone know if you lose a lot of marks?
It was just sooo bad. His 'deceptive nature' wasn't something that was easily explained in that scene. What he was saying was what he meant but the reason behind it was different and you can't really analyse reasoning through speech...I just found it really difficult but I think I did really well on section A so let's just hope

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi i pointed out that Keller was saying one thing to hide his guilt and then changing the subject when the conversation was getting heated and that Kate helped to change the subject to another topic as they both know Keller was guilty. I wrote about the part where Keller says was Ann sent here to find out something as he knows he is guilty and covers this deception with telling Chris her wants to build him a house etc. He feels that Chris is ashamed of the money from the business and changes subject to hide deception when he notices Chris from the stage directions that he is getting angry. Keller covers this up with the house subject as he does not want to lose Chris and keep him in the business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get to practise too many essay styles and felt that I kept writing without splitting in to paragraphs. I hope I don't lose too many marks now.
Original post by Chrystal43

Thanks

Was anyone allowed to take their books in them for section B?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending