The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3660
Tomorrow's (or today's rather) MOTM?
Reply 3661
It's cup final day! :eek::king1::king1::arsenal:
Original post by baconbutty
How do you know liverpool would of accepted 50m for Suarez? And higuain isn't much better than giroud infanct in the first few months of the season giroud was far better

because we were wavering about getting rid of him, but we knew we could get more than 40m
i was worried you would've upped it to 50 - i thought they would've accepted

but theoretically, and extra 10m for suarez instead of ozil; where would you be now?

true, giroud hasn't been bad, but higuin has always been consistent as a striker, and giroud can have a habit of being absolutely useless in a game at times
Reply 3663
Original post by FionnB
It's cup final day! :eek::king1::king1::arsenal:

And another day Arsenal will lose out on a trophy.:rolleyes:
Original post by 199320
Am being serious they are a fake club. Even worse than Chelsea.

Go to sleep little boy

Bed time was 12 hours ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3665
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
because we were wavering about getting rid of him, but we knew we could get more than 40m

but theoretically, and extra 10m for suarez instead of ozil; where would you be now?

true, giroud hasn't been bad, but higuin has always been consistent as a striker, and giroud can have a habit of being absolutely useless in a game at times

Theoretically, when we broke the £40m clause they should have sold him to us. But they didn't, somehow they stopped it, at seeing as it was pretty much written in stone that they had to accept our offer then I'm pretty sure Liverpool wanted to keep Suarez or he'd have gone?

Consistent is the one thing higuain hasn't been I'm strongly sceptical of your football knowledge so i don't think I'll pursue this conversation any longer
Reply 3667
Original post by FionnB
This is the #1 most idiotic comment of the decade. In the first half of the season each club plays all other clubs once. Thus at the midpoint of the season (at which point arsenal were top of the league), they had infact played against all 19 other teams.

yeah I sort of exaggerated- I meant before December when they began to bottle it. They played Manchester city and Chelsea in that month.
Reply 3668
I don't mind Giroud but I do mind him being our number 1 striker
Original post by FionnB
Theoretically, when we broke the £40m clause they should have sold him to us. But they didn't, somehow they stopped it, at seeing as it was pretty much written in stone that they had to accept our offer then I'm pretty sure Liverpool wanted to keep Suarez or he'd have gone?

Spoiler

i think we didn't sell to you simply because of how cheeky the 40m+£1 was.
could've at least been classy and said 40.1m or 41m.

but srs, you're right - not sure if it was legitimate clause of the contract, but if it was a word to word conversation at any time, the owners really should've stood by it; if anything just to keep their word.

of course we wanted to keep him, because he has the quality he has shown this season
but he was desperate to go, so we were wavering
however i assume we had our own valuation of 50m+ so we wanted to make sure we wouldn't be robbed.
Reply 3670
Original post by AR_95
Go to sleep little boy

Bed time was 12 hours ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol typical Arsenal fan- uses unhurtful insults as he does not having anything to debate. You probably won't even be an Arsenal fan tomorrow when they lose the FA cup.
Reply 3671
Javier Hernandez, Edin Dzeko, Romelu Lukaku, Vincent Aboubakar, Giuseppe Rossi, Diego Costa, Carlos Vela
Where is everyone watching the game later on?
Consistent is the one thing higuain hasn't been I'm strongly sceptical of your football knowledge so i don't think I'll pursue this conversation any longer

looking at his stats, i would say he has had a fairly consistent striking career; seems to be a good return for the money tbh
i don't watch him in person on the field, so i'm not sure what he looks like, just going on numbers, but apparently they don't lie.

don't criticise me like that, it's ugly.
Original post by 199320
lol typical Arsenal fan- uses unhurtful insults as he does not having anything to debate. You probably won't even be an Arsenal fan tomorrow when they lose the FA cup.

Wasn't an insult and who said it had to be hurtful? I'm not debating anything with you cause it's bait how all you are trying to do is get a reaction

Same guy who said Arsenal are faker than Chelsea :lol:

K

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3675
Original post by AR_95
Wasn't an insult and who said it had to be hurtful? I'm not debating anything with you cause it's bait how all you are trying to do is get a reaction

Same guy who said Arsenal are faker than Chelsea :lol:

K

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least chelsea have an identity, what do Arsenal have?

Am so confident Hull will won tomorrow am putting £50 on them.
looking at his stats, i would say he has had a fairly consistent striking career; seems to be a good return for the money tbh
i don't watch him in person on the field, so i'm not sure what he looks like, just going on numbers, but apparently they don't lie.

don't criticise me like that, it's ugly.

He's got similar numbers to giroud is giroud consistent?

Higuain is a consistent goalscorer. I read that Messi aside, he had the best goals to minutes ratio in Liga for the period that he played there. I'll try and find the stat. His goals to appearances ratio is skewed as well because of how many times he came off the bench for Madrid.
Original post by 199320
At least chelsea have an identity, what do Arsenal have?

Am so confident Hull will won tomorrow am putting £50 on them.

3/10 for effort

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldn't call them too similar, but it depends what you mean by similar i guess
higuain's numbers are generally better, and he usually doesn't even play as many games as giroud
and i'm not just talking about goals, it's assists too

then again, i see a lot more of giroud, therefore i see a lot more of him when he isn't playing well, and i'll only really hear good things about higuin
therefore i guess i have maybe developed a bias against giroud on that basis

he is not by all means a bad striker - he would have a solid season at a mid tabled team, or maybe one higher like everton
but i just know arsenal could do with more quality up front
the problem is who you they could get since benzema won't happen unless madrid buy suarez/aguero

P.S: i really need to learn how to spell higuain...

Latest